U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2010, 01:53 PM

191 posts, read 622,745 times

Advertisements

A lot of guys seem to always dread this time of year – there’s so much pressure on men to give their significant others meaningful gifts that say I love you but often times you don’t know the girl long enough to figure out what to get her or have been with the girl so long you’ve given her everything under the sun and have run out of ideas. I was talking to my BF the other night about why it’s so hard for guys to come up with good gift ideas and he said he wished there was a gifts for dummies list out there so I thought I’d come up with one to make things a little easier for you guys! Let me know if this helps or if you have any other great ideas.

• Old standby No.1 – Jewelry…pretty much all women like jewelry but what kind? Some prefer the traditional gold and diamonds and some like statement pieces, one idea is to give something one-of-a-kind or custom made. If you don’t know what type your girl likes, stick with gold and diamonds.
  • Old standby No.2 – Flowers are a given on V Day but I personally hate the fact that they only last so long – a few years ago my BF gave me an orchid plant and I loved it so much he got me one every year since – I now have a collection of beautiful orchids that remind me of him every time they bloom. Other options are blooming bulbs, pretty potted flowers and even a bonsai which is eco friendly.
  • Old standby No.3 – Lingerie…men like the slutty stuff but often times women prefer more elegant and sexy lingerie. Instead of the usual chintzy good for one use only outfit – get her something more high end and luxurious that she will love to wear in and out of the bedroom! For more elegant lingerie I like Agent Provocateur and Henry & June for the regular stuff.
  • Old standby No.4 – Dinner and a movie. It’s nice to get out of the house just the two of you especially if you have kids but what about getting your friends to watch your kids at their place and planning dinner and a movie at home alone. Get take out from your favorite restaurant, fill the fridge with champagne, strawberries and something that requires the use of whipped cream – get a set of satin sheets and a collection of movies (the sexy kind – I recommend Pirates or these adults movies produced by a female owned movie company) and spend the day eating, drinking and whatever else in bed (clothing optional).
  • Old standby No.5 – Chocolates, these days there are so many different kinds out there and if your girlfriend or wife loves chocolate why not get her something she normally wouldn’t get for herself like a gift basket of awesome and unusual chocolates and chocolate related stuff like gourmet hot cocoa – I really like Vosges, they mix crazy flavors like chocolate and curry or chili powder and they also sell chocolate covered bacon bars - don’t forget to include a bottle of red wine with the gift basket.
  • If you want to go all out – create a gift basket that includes all the old standbys and add a custom made tshirt or undies.
Happy Valentines Day and DON’T WAIT TIL THE LAST MINUTE to get her gift!!!

Good places to go to for gift ideas - I included coupons from my emails whenever possible:

Flowers
1-800-FLORALS
Flowers Fast

Jewelry
My Jewelry Box - save 20% with coupon code MJBSAVE20C
Buyz.com
Jegem - 5% off coupon code CJVALENTINE5, $10 off $150 coupon code CJVALENTINE10
Stauer
Ross Simons
Novica
Love & Pride - Great gifts for those in non heterosexual relationships

Chocolate
Heresy store
Vosges
Zchocolate
M&M store
Chocolate.com
Candy.com

Lingerie
Flirt catalog
Henry and June
Agent Provacateur
Frederick’s of Hollywood

Gifts
Adam & Eve - adult related
Edens Fantasy - adult related
Wayspa – spa gift certificates
Collectiblestoday
Customized Girl

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 10:16 AM

I found RomanceHer.com - a good 'all in one' Valentines shopping site.

If anyone has any great Valentines gift ideas or stories of great gifts you've received - please share!

Old 01-17-2010, 05:13 AM

10,996 posts, read 11,612,549 times
Make her coupons. For:

1.)Washing the dishes when its her turn.

2.)Out to dinner at her favorite restaurant, any night.(That means you pay and you can't say no.)

3.)Anything she wants in bed.(Most women get whatever they want in bed anyways, but its cute that she's probably going to use it anyway.)

4.) 1 Holiday with her family.( She can only use it one time, without her husband complaining or trying to resist.)

5.) A massage from the husband.

6.) The remote control is hers all day, one day. (Yup, you can't change it to watch football.)

7.) You have to be her butler for a day.

8.) You watch the kids. (all day)

9.) You make breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner, for one whole day.

10.) You leave her alone for 24 hours. (Sometimes, we want to be alone.)

These coupons are for her. For one day or one time only. You can make more coupons if you want, but be careful , because once you hand over those coupons, there's no turning back.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:55 PM

3,646 posts, read 9,758,128 times
A robotic vacuum

Old 01-30-2010, 03:22 PM

I found some coupon codes I wanted to share:

Buyz.com (http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-3641673-10745919 - broken link)- Save $20 off your next purchase of $100 or more use coupon code: BUYZ20 - Save $50 off your next purchase of $250 or more use coupon code: BUYZ50 - Save $100 off your next purchase of $500 or more use coupon code: BUYZ100

EdenFantasys - 14% Off Any Love Toy with Code BELOVED

I'll add more as I get them!

Old 01-31-2010, 02:29 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,919,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Make her coupons. For:

1.)Washing the dishes when its her turn.

2.)Out to dinner at her favorite restaurant, any night.(That means you pay and you can't say no.)

3.)Anything she wants in bed.(Most women get whatever they want in bed anyways, but its cute that she's probably going to use it anyway.)

4.) 1 Holiday with her family.( She can only use it one time, without her husband complaining or trying to resist.)

5.) A massage from the husband.

6.) The remote control is hers all day, one day. (Yup, you can't change it to watch football.)

7.) You have to be her butler for a day.

8.) You watch the kids. (all day)

9.) You make breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner, for one whole day.

10.) You leave her alone for 24 hours. (Sometimes, we want to be alone.)

These coupons are for her. For one day or one time only. You can make more coupons if you want, but be careful , because once you hand over those coupons, there's no turning back.
What if you already do most of those things for her?

Old 01-31-2010, 02:38 PM

43,858 posts, read 45,052,970 times
What a GREAT thread!!! I'm all out of reps at the moment....but I'll be back!! I hope lots of people take advantage of the above information/deals!

Old 01-31-2010, 11:59 PM

10,996 posts, read 11,612,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
What if you already do most of those things for her?
Why, you congratulate yourself, of course!

If you want, you can make other coupons for stuff you don't already do that she usually has to ask you twice to do before you say yes. Or get really creative, and do some love-making coupons, where she receives all the benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products