U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 02:14 AM

426 posts, read 1,164,817 times

Advertisements

Amazon does'nt take checks. I don't know who you talked to. I sell on Amazon myself, what they would tell you is you need to talk to seller.If you bought from a third party seller and not Amazon itself, they will tell you to contact seller, or file an A-Z claim.
Did you contact seller? There is a place to do that on your account page, under your orders? What was the feedback score of seller. If it was low, you may have a problem.Even if it was'nt most sellers do not want a bad mark,it hurts business. If they are a large mega seller, thhey do not care, bad marks do not affect them that bad.
Did you read product description fully? I ask this because as a seller, I have had literally countless people order stuff and not read the description. It happens all the time, but that aside it does'nt even matter, because Amazon will make seller refund for ANY reason, believe me they will.
I have called seller support and Amazon customer service and I have not talked to amyone in India.if they are they sure had a good speaking voice with no accent. Usually you know when you are talking to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 09:14 PM

3,111 posts, read 4,622,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathys View Post
Amazon does'nt take checks. I don't know who you talked to. I sell on Amazon myself, ...

I have called seller support and Amazon customer service and I have not talked to amyone in India.if they are they sure had a good speaking voice with no accent. Usually you know when you are talking to them.
I sell on Amazon too. Have had 2 books on there for 10 years. No you are right - they didn't send me a check, they refunded my credit card. The rest is absolutely the way it happened. Just because you haven't talked to someone in India doesn't mean they haven't outsourced there. This was a call that was routed to Bangalore -- I ASKED. Extremely frustrating. The conversation lasted about 20 minutes. And I still have the books I didn't order. Never got it straightened out. Gave up after the next two calls put me on hold forever. They may have fixed it lately, this was a year ago. But I did talk to India. I did get the runaround. And I took copious notes during the conversation.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:44 PM

Default Amazon

I guess I have been lucky with customer services and seller support reps. One time I did call, I talked to an American, so he sounded, but I hung up on him. He was rude, so I said *********.
I had to do a refund right before Christmas. The refund was not my fault, the guy who ordered did not read the item description or the actual listing. He ordered a cassette which was listed as such and in the right category. He requested a refund which I was more than happy to do. He thought it was a CD. The problem I had with it and customer service was, the refund was counted against me, thru no fault of mine.
As a seller you know that in the months and weeks previous to Christmas, Amazon rates your performance on sales, feedbacks and refunds in order for sellers to be allowed to sell toys. I called about this refund being counted against me. He told me that Amazon staff does not have the time or staff to go thru these problems individually that sellers encounter. That is when I got mad and hung up. Needless to say, I had enough good feedback for it not to affect me overall.

Last edited by kathys; 02-09-2010 at 10:02 PM..

Old 02-09-2010, 10:13 PM

Default Amazon

So did you ever get the books you ordered? If you got the refund I would have cared less about sending the other ones back? You did'nt say if you contacted seller. I answer every E-mail I get. Have been selling over 5 years and have over 1000 feedbacks and thousands of sales.
If you say you talked to someone in India, I guess you would no better. Just has'nt happened to me. Now they call you, at least they do for sellers.
I have sent people the wrong itmes on a couple of occassions, but I remedied the situation as soon as I knew about it. It does happen, especially if a seller has a lot of orders coming in.
This past Christmas I had a lady E-mail me telling me she got some items from me that she did not order. I asked her what the items were, she told me what they were and I E-mailed her back telling her that I did not even have those items, and I did not sell them to her.I did not send them. She did order something from me, but it was'nt those items. She finally got my item a few days later.
Selling and buying you run into all situations. I try not to contact Amazon at all. That is the way they like it. They tell sellers to handle whatever situations aride with each other first. If you get no results do the A-Z claim.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:56 PM

354 posts, read 695,592 times
well.Moderator cut: sorry, we cannot include people's name here --- remember this FRAUD merchant seller's name. has gotten away with:

1. sending me a USED laptop when i ordered a NEW one and
2. sending me a check with NO funds, so my bank(good for nothing CHASE!) charged me with $10 fee!!!!

my situation was just REALLY unfortunate. for:

1. i CLOSED the card i used BEFORE i even get the item ---- BIG MISTAKE on my part(LEARN from it)
2. CHENG WAN aka GLOBINGENE is a freaking FRAUD (i have never hated Chinese as much as i did this worthless piece of ....)
3. Amazon does not give a crap if you did not buy from them directly. like one said here, they will ask you to deal with the seller(in my case a freaking FRAUD!) directly.
4. CHASE bank is a sorry excuse for a bank. i was surprised it came ONLY 2nd to bank of America as the WORST bank. i read an article just recently of a poll on banks who serve themselves first and NOT their customer's needs. Chase's RIDICULOUS fees is MY #1 reason for closing the card i used to order.

MY A_Z claim was denied, i suppose it is coz, i have not returned the laptop. but i told CHASE, Amazon and the Chinese FRAUD the reason why i won't return the laptop is coz i don't wanna be left with NO money and NO laptop. coz they keep telling me the refund will just AUTOMATICALLY go to the card i USED which was CLOSED!!!! and ya they don't refund by check. I was beyond furious when i learned my clAim was denied so i called AMazon right away. Ya most reps who i talked to are clearly from India or bangladesh. i told her i just want this Chinese FRAUD banned from selling in Amazon. I was told all she can do was reopen the case. i check my email nothing about my reopened claim BUT useless JUNK ad from AMAZON!!!

I give up. i know i was clearly short changed by the FRAUD seller. not to mention i lost $50 that's including the $10 fee by the USELESS Chase bank. i would like to sue but... i have been annoyed by this transactions since Dec. 15 2009(the day i received the laptop) already. and just dont wanna waste my time and energy on it anymore.

UPDATE:
ooops. i spoke too soon. i just checked my email. Amazon has replied on my reopened case. i received the automated reply but at least, i knew it was reopened. im hoping for the best here, if not, well, KARMA is a

Last edited by nancy thereader; 05-20-2010 at 10:10 PM..

Old 05-20-2010, 03:02 PM

15,370 posts, read 35,036,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDY15 View Post
What is the problem with the accent??............american english accent isn't the best if you speak with someone from england?
Hey americans you only speak very well your own language because getting any other languages as spanish.....ja,ja,ja,ja,ja,.ja,jaaaaaaaaa more than very bad accent is funny!!
I work during weeks here in usa and others weeks in my country in Colombia and I speak more than 1 language and my English is with strong accent and all the time working here i hear about my "accent" and asking for other with better English? I got mad but i'm in usa with "gringos".....but i take revange during the weeks working in my country where the official language is Spanish and I'm attending customer service spanish to English and always is with usa citizens talking about my accent then my answer is: if you don't like my accent speak spanish.
I hate people talking about accent is like talking about hot spanish girls and cold and fake blondies americans girls how do you feel??
In this country we speak ENGLISH not SPANGLISH. get used to it.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:09 PM

15,893 posts, read 15,530,680 times
Hey, my native tongue is English but I speak Spanish so well that when I speak Farsi/Dari they think I am from Mexico City.

On that note, let me remind you to take care not to paint Americans with such a broad stroke. Many of us speak several languages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDY15 View Post
What is the problem with the accent??............american english accent isn't the best if you speak with someone from england?
Hey americans you only speak very well your own language because getting any other languages as spanish.....ja,ja,ja,ja,ja,.ja,jaaaaaaaaa more than very bad accent is funny!!
I work during weeks here in usa and others weeks in my country in Colombia and I speak more than 1 language and my English is with strong accent and all the time working here i hear about my "accent" and asking for other with better English? I got mad but i'm in usa with "gringos".....but i take revange during the weeks working in my country where the official language is Spanish and I'm attending customer service spanish to English and always is with usa citizens talking about my accent then my answer is: if you don't like my accent speak spanish.
I hate people talking about accent is like talking about hot spanish girls and cold and fake blondies americans girls how do you feel??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products