Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 03:57 PM

354 posts, read 749,503 times

Advertisements

pls help me. i bougt a laptop from amazon and i was instead sent a a used laptop. since i clopsed the card i used to buy it, i was forced to accept the $40 check the seller sent me. i depost it on my bank and just today was beyond angry to find out i was sent a fraud check!!!

i shld have known it is because the name and address was not his. i just thought it was his wife's!! now my bank charged me a $10 fee for somethin i did not do!!!! what do i do? i plan to sue this Moderator cut: language removed

but who do i contat?!! pls... pls... i also plan to get him out of business for good in amazon and in other internet sites!!

Last edited by nancy thereader; 01-14-2010 at 07:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 07:20 PM

17 posts, read 65,162 times
I would send letters to the executives of Amazon with links of your issue posted on public forums - nothing guaranteed but it's a start.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:20 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Call the Better Business Burea, so they can investigate the matter.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:53 AM

181 posts, read 338,930 times
If you bought it through Amazon,file an Amazon A to Z Warrantee claim. I had a problem and they solved it in less than 24 hours..They are very strict with merchants that sell though their site...

Old 01-23-2010, 06:37 AM

2,002 posts, read 4,584,247 times
You can go to your profile -> my orders -> laptop -> file a claim.

I'm sure they must have another email/phone to contact them.

Like MissDollie said, they are very serious about these things. Good luck!

Old 02-04-2010, 11:49 PM

354 posts, read 749,503 times
thanks guys. i did phone and emailed amazon. no response from my dozen emails still. i really am getting frustrated. especially if i check if the fraud seller is still there and it still is! when talking on the phone and told them about the situation they only give me the email of the department that's supposed to take care of it. i ask if there's a phone number for that... weirdly enough, there is none. and yet they spam my emails with advertisement for their site. i just emailed them and telling them to stop junking my emails. Because there is no way in hell i'm gonna buy on their site again. are u kidding me?!

Old 02-05-2010, 12:09 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
Follow MissDollie's instructions on the Amazon.com site. I'd advise you to stop sending emails and rather follow the directions on how to report a problem regarding a seller in marketplace.

Amazon is very reputable and customer driven.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:53 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Leave the seller negative feedback with only 1 star.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:34 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
If you have any questions on filing your claim....Amazon has a really good customer service policy of calling you personally over an issues. They are probably the leaders in the internet sales industry of the best customer service policies.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:40 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,398 times
eh not so much - I've had problems with Amazon.
They sent me the wrong books.
I called them and got someone in India.

The conversation went like this (only much much much longer):
Me - "Hi, I got an order from Amazon today. You sent me the wrong books. I need to return these to you and get the books I ordered."

Amazon India - "You would like to place an order for books? You have called the wrong department."

Me - "No - I got two books that I did not order. I want to get the books I ordered. You sent me the wrong books. How do I get the right books and what do I do with these books."

Amazon India - "You do not like the books you got from us? Is it?"

Me - "Is it what? No, I Did Not Want These books. I did not order them. Please tell me how to return them to you."

Amazon India - "Oh, you want to return books. Oh. Well. What is your order number please?"

I gave him my order number

Amazon India -- "I'm sorry, there is not an order. You did not receive any books from us. Would you like to place an order? I will transfer you. By the way, how is the weather there today?"

Me - "What?"

Amazon India - "Are you having a nice day? And may I transfer you to someone to take your order for books please?"

Me - "NO!!! Please tell me why I got the wrong order, why my card was charged, and why you don't show that I have an order, and where the h3!! are my books!!!" (shouting by now)

Amazon India - "Well, I DO show that we have charged your card. But you did not receive books from us. I will refund the charge, Is it?"

Me - "Yes, PLEASE refund the charge. Now, what do you want me to do with these books. Where do I send them?"

Amazon India - "If you would like to sell books through Amazon, that is a different department. May I transfer you?"

Me - "WHAT!?! NO - YOU OWN THESE BOOKS. YOU ARE REFUNDING ME FOR THESE BOOKS. WHERE DO I SEND THEM? THERE IS NO RETURN ADDRESS!"

Amazon India - "We did not send you books. I will be happy to transfer you to take your order in our order department."

Me - "OK. Look. Please send the refund check. And can you transfer me back to someone in America?"

Amazon India - "I am sorry, but there is nothing I can do for you. I will refund your check."

Me - whimper

Amazon India - "Have a nice day."

: smack:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products