U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you had any problems with Best Buy?
Yes 29 41.43%
No 41 58.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 10:48 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,355,192 times

Advertisements

i bought 2 cameras, one online and one in store. i didnt like either, and upon return, somehow i avoided the restocking fee for both. no problems with them with stuff ive bought and kept either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 12:50 AM

19,899 posts, read 16,133,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie_Dokie! View Post
Oh!!!
Don't get me started!!!
Grrrrr!
This Pokie, wants for you to get started!

Old 01-04-2010, 01:00 AM

19,899 posts, read 16,133,640 times
Wow guys, i feel good. No problems with our INLAND EMPIRE BEST BUY IN RIVERSIDE. My husband even had the very first SIRUS Radio Something happened to it, just stopped working, and last month we brought it back. Guess what, They gave us the current model, that was so much better then the very first one, and cost more. There was no problem at all. And even gave him a warranty on it as the first one had. This was a much better SIRUS RADIO. I personally never have had a problem with them, but i think it is safe to say no matter where ever you shop, some one will have a bad experience.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:42 PM

4,619 posts, read 2,996,879 times
I honestly can't recall the last time I bought something at BB. Maybe it was 5 years ago? 10? 15? At all? Even if I did, it was a "low hassle" item... <$10, either it works or it doesn't, no need for maintenance, warranties, nor repairs. I don't know if I should even count this given how very little I've actually purchased from them, so I didn't bother voting.

Coworker did regale his tale of how he bought some TV, and the cashier tried to upsell him on them gold plated, HDMI Monster cables for $40. Despite saying "no", he kept pushing. He finally half shouted at him that he does this sort of thing for a living, and there was no way he was going to get him to buy it. This was back when BB managers would get bonuses and extra vacation if their stores could sell a lot of these (good profit margins evidently), and ordered their employees to be sure to aggressively push these.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:11 PM

4,696 posts, read 2,431,428 times
Other than their sales associates not knowing anything about anything they sell? No.

Old 09-21-2017, 04:54 AM

7,810 posts, read 4,257,279 times
Rarely shop there, there are places that offer much higher quality at much lower prices.

Old 09-23-2017, 05:52 AM

5,831 posts, read 2,391,518 times
I used to really like shopping at Best Buy in the 1990s. It was always my first stop, but about 50% of the time I would end up buying the same item at Circuit City for less. But I still liked the Best Buy stores better. Their stores were really well organized and the selection was the biggest I have ever seen in my life. They had every possible brand of every product. I could look around the store all day, and there was no sales pressure. It was a fun place to shop. I continued to shop at Best Buy into the early 2000s, but the quality of the stores seemed to go downhill fast. The stores became a disorganized mess with the departments all mixed together. The selection of electronics decreased and they started mixing in all kinds of non-electronic crap, that I didn't care about.

I haven't even been in a Best Buy store in the last 10 years. I don't shop at any brick and mortar stores anymore, except for Target. I just don't see the point in it. I have bought a few items from Bestbuy.com, when their prices are low. But that is not often. I continue to check their prices on their website, but I may never buy another thing from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products