U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 08:18 PM

386 posts, read 1,187,793 times

Advertisements

For me, I think it is because I enjoy getting new things. I also enjoy the walking, getting out of the house, and finding really great deals. I do more window shopping than actually purchasing due to the economy, but I still enjoy going to the mall and walking around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 12:09 AM

15,566 posts, read 36,929,053 times
It depends. Sometimes I love to shop and don't really have anything specific in mind. Those are the fun shopping days because I come home with sopme cool stuff I didn't set out to buy. Then there are those days when I absolutely have to find a specific thing and of course, when you're looking for it you can't find it. Those shopping excursions suck.

I had to go out Friday night spur of the moment and try to find something to wear to an event I was going to on Saturday night. The thing I was going to wear, I tried it on and decided against it so I was off to the mall. I was shocked because the second store I went into I found a frock to wear to the event, and it was the only one they had AND it was in my size and was perfect! I totally lucked out because that never happens to me.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,410 times
I love shopping. It gives me a buzz knowing that I have something new. If it something particularly divine I cannot wait to wear/use it as I know I will get compliments. It is all about being my ideal self. Living in a charade that I can be somebody, the somebody that I want to be, through clothes.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:37 PM

609 posts, read 1,110,866 times
i love shopping and i really am not sure why lol...i never actually thought about it.

ill have to get back to you on that lol

Old 05-04-2010, 03:48 AM

4 posts, read 8,398 times
This is a best deal and enjoy with us.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Allen View Post
This is a best deal and enjoy with us.
what?

Old 05-08-2010, 10:58 AM

4,166 posts, read 5,469,430 times
I don't like to shop very much...Mostly it's a big chore...But I work hard to try to make it somewhat fun when I absolutely have to shop....I don't want to be a big "grump" or "suffering martyr" in the store....I try to amuse myself and find some joy in it...especially when my husband and son are with me.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:47 AM

11 posts, read 21,618 times
I love fashion and I love shopping

Old 05-12-2010, 02:44 AM

i think it just makes me feel better lol. im into retail therapy, when everything sucks, i always go and buy something new and shiney...mostly from sephora. probably not healthy, but im not a drug addict lol.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:53 PM

1,785 posts, read 3,059,547 times
I don't like to clothes shop, but I DO adore to window shop around appliances, furniture, electronics and decorations for the home. Since becoming unemployed a year ago, and a serious family business that is pretty emotionally and time consuming, I enjoy my little forays out into the retail world more and more! I have a mental shopping list of all the things I would like to buy if I ever get on my feet again. It really does not upset me. It makes me smile! I can spend HOURS wandering a store and mentally redecorating my home. It costs nothing, it is a little escape for me, and I am constantly amazed at the great ideas I get! Window shopping is not about fulfillment - but rather about a little dream world that you can run to every now and again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products