U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 01:14 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,336,326 times

Advertisements

Probably Wendy's and Carls Jr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 05:00 PM

2,073 posts, read 4,987,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
Can't beat Bronco's in Omaha. They are not a chain, so outside the two locations in Nebraska I don't think you'll find them.

Can't go there very often or you will have a heartattack, but the burger/fry flavors I have never seen replicated.
wow so it's like, local fast food? very cool. I need to get to Omaha more.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:36 PM

2,589 posts, read 9,617,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro223 View Post
Its an old classic in town. Next time you are in town it is at 120th & Pacific, just off I-680. They make their frys fresh everyday from whole potatos.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:43 PM

3,040 posts, read 10,538,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro223 View Post
Speaking of "local fast food," I would suggest Chili Johns in Burbank, CA. They have a very limited menu, consisting of Chili, Chili Dogs, Tamales, and pie for dessert. You can have your Chili in one of two sizes, and any of three ways: hot, medium, or mild. You can choose from the following add-ons: spaghetti noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream, and onions. It's all good in my opinion.

Another local choice for fast food is Pecos Bill's BBQ in Glendale, CA. They offer sandwiches of Barbecued Beef, Pork, Turkey, and Ham, with an offering of ribs on the weekend. I've always enjoyed the food when I've eaten there. The place is basically just a small shack with a walk up window where you place and pick up your order. There are a few tables on the sidewalk where you can eat, and the parking's on the street, so be prepared. My favorite sandwich is the BBQ Pork, but all of them are good. Sometimes I get a side of coleslaw or BBQ beans. They are good, too. On a good day, they even have real home made lemonade, which is far better than any of the fountain varieties that are so common these days.

Another choice of local fast food is the "Original" Tommies Chain, with restaurants all over the L.A. area. Their Chili Burgers and Chili Dogs are great, and very popular in the region. They serve both with lots of pickles and a thick slice of tomato on them, which sounds odd, but tastes great (at least to me).

Finally, one last local fast food place is Cupid's Hot Dogs. They also have restaurants in several parts of the L.A. area. In the last few years, they have offered franchises, which aren't quite as good as the original locations, but the franchises do offer some items that are not available in the original stores. Basically, Cupids does Chili Dogs. You can get a combo which includes two dogs, a bag of chips, and a soda. In the franchise stores I've been to, you can also get fries, and at one of them, a Kraut Dog. These dogs are so much better than Wienershnitzel's that there is no comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products