U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 05:10 PM

30 posts, read 58,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
When I eat at Burger King the meat tastes like real grilled meat. At McDonalds (now don't jump all over me) the meat tastes nothing like meat that you have at home. It tastes as though something is mixed in with it. My wife prefers McDonalds but even she says that it is not like store bought meat. I wonder why?
I totally agree, much better tasting meat at BK, and it's flame cooked. McDonalds meat patties are mushy, definately not 100% just beef. Even their cheese tastes like cheese spread.

And yet, years ago I thought those things cooked on a greasy grill were great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 12:08 PM

657 posts, read 1,717,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InJeans View Post
Never have eaten at a Sonics, but years ago when my daughter lived in Kansas while her hubbie was in the Army stationed there she got a job at Sonics as a car-hop on roller skates...........
Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
The Sonics out here have eliminated the skates and the tray is not left on the window anymore. You are just handed the food. It is just not the same as it used to be.
thats horrible i always thought it lookd cool to waitress while running around with skates on

Old 08-10-2007, 04:36 AM

404 posts, read 80,924 times
White Castle. I can handle fries from Wendy's, but that's it.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:13 AM

9,678 posts, read 10,949,950 times
In and out, they will make a burger as big as you want, I had a four by four once.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
In and out, they will make a burger as big as you want, I had a four by four once.
One thing I learned when my niece was managing an In'n'Out was they use no microwaves, which some other chains do.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:59 PM

12,163 posts, read 10,780,209 times
And In'n'Out pays well and has pretty good bennies.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
And In'n'Out pays well and has pretty good bennies.

Yep, good benefits!

Old 12-29-2007, 03:14 AM

4 posts, read 1,291 times
Chick-fil-A for me! When the cow told me to "Eat Mor Chikin"...I will do it. If I go to a Chick-fil-A that is managed well and makes the sandwiches correctly...its like I have a taste of heaven. Their waffle fries, milkshakes, nuggets, and sandwiches are SO GOOD!

Old 12-29-2007, 09:24 AM

12,401 posts, read 15,050,487 times
There is an old fashioned mom and pop drive in here in town that has been in operation by the same family for at least 40 years..It has real meat for hamburgers and hotdogs ,and real ice cream for their milkshakes..Dorsies has survived and continues to thrive among all the fast food franchises that surround them You park in the semi circle around the building, get out and go to the window, where a friendly face opens the window, takes your order and gives you a number..You either return to your car or stand around and talk to other customers until your number is called

Old 01-02-2008, 11:04 AM

932 posts, read 1,122,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter876 View Post
Chick-fil-A for me! When the cow told me to "Eat Mor Chikin"...I will do it. If I go to a Chick-fil-A that is managed well and makes the sandwiches correctly...its like I have a taste of heaven. Their waffle fries, milkshakes, nuggets, and sandwiches are SO GOOD!
Yes I love Chick-fil-a! Their chicken nuggets are real chicken!!!! I love their waffle fries with the barbeque sauce is the best thing a girl could ever want!

PS...I am trying this red meat free thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products