U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 01:34 PM

5,032 posts, read 14,670,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
^^I'll take paragraphs for $200, Alex.
LOL LOL. Took me a second, but I got it. Reps to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 07:07 PM

504 posts, read 628,893 times
Don't forget to check Craigslist - bought mine for $100 basically new with almost all attachments.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,423 times
Default Rainbow Vacuum Cleaner and Air Purifier

It's easier to negotiate a price when they are having a contest and need the sales. In the long run I think it will be worth the money. I'm telling my friends about it because I like it. We got the shampoo device and I was able to get stains out of my daughters carpet that she could not get out scrubing by hand. That's what sold me on this product. Plus it dries the carpet a lot better than the Kirby did. She said she would buy it if she had the money. I'm using the vacuum as an air filter in the laundry room when I run the dryer to collect the lint in the air. I figured with all the money I've spent over the 30 years of trading the Kirby in for a newer model every 10 years, this will end up being a lot less expensive and a better product in the long run. I like the idea of getting an air purifier in addition to it being a vacuum cleaner. So far I think it's worth the money because the air smells so much better when I vacuum than it did when I used the Kirby. It also feels like it cleans better.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,233 times
I'm in love with this rainbow but not the price any ideas how i can get the price down

Old 01-08-2013, 08:02 PM

2 posts, read 6,038 times
I say yes they are wonderful vacuums. I've had mine since 1997 and it's super powerful still. The thing is like others mentioned they are heavy clunky and take up room, if you are okay with that then maybe consider ebay for a used one, the price will go way down and those things will work for many years. I have also had a Dyson, and a Miele I love the Miele much cheaper and I cared about cleaning stairs and wanted something more lightweight, but if thats not the issue I say buy a used one they have warranties but doubt you ever need it.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:04 PM

2 posts, read 6,038 times
Oh they sell Rainbow Vacuums thru their program it's a commission based deal so they only break you might get is from salesperson or in the drops or attachments and they have some incentive if you do the demos or was it refer 3 people something. Good luck

Old 05-24-2014, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,137 times
Be careful when buying a Rainbow on eBay. Make sure they show a pictures of the underside of the motor (bottom end), and that either the seller or eBay will refund you if the item isn't what they claim it to be.

I purchased one recently, and was extremely disappointed when I received it and the connection on either the hose, or on the canister would lose suction as I moved the hose to vacuum the floor.

Would be best to go with one that has been refurbished and/or offers a warranty for service. But the prices there can still be pretty expensive to put out on a vacuum.

However, they do a great job!

I am still looking to find a good deal on a newer model, since I had to return the one purchased on eBay.

Last edited by MayIAdd; 05-24-2014 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: Forgot something

Old 05-24-2014, 07:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,135 times
I was having a garage sale and had my Rainbow power head sitting on a counter back in my garage and a woman asked me where the rest of the Rainbow was? I had no clue what I had. She then explained to me how valuable my vacuum was. Funny thing was I found it in the trash. All the attachments and even the attachment holder were all there. What I think happened was the attachment carrier broke for the original owner so rather than buying a replacement holder they threw it away. I happened to be cruising by and saw it and took a chance on it.

The woman at my sale offered me $300 for it. I declined.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:54 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,935,001 times
We had a Rainbow-got suckered into it when we were young. It did an okay job of cleaning but so does the Bissell I have now for $200. The water tank on the Rainbow was gross and you had to empty all that stuff a couple of times while cleaning. it also didnt fit on the stairs very well. Maybe they have changed it now.

I remember the salesperson had this chart on the floor when demonstrating, and my two year old rode over it on his hotwheels. She gave him a slap on the butt. I was super mad and she knocked about $600 off the price!! I next referred her to my friend (who happened to be Jewish). Right in the middle of her presentation, my friend's husband offered the salesperson half of what they were asking. The salesperson said, "what are you doing? are you trying to JEW me down? She didn't make a sale at their house..

Old 05-18-2015, 02:16 PM

4,958 posts, read 3,361,335 times
My mother sold Rainbows in the mid-'70s.

When I was married to my first husband, he had a co-worker who's husband was just getting into the business of selling them. We figured we would give him a leg-up and listen to his spiel and give him practice. We ended up buying one-complete with the power nozzle for what we thought was REALLY EXPENSIVE-$800. That was back in the early to mid-'80s. (A few years later my then husband decided that the Rainbow wasn't good enough and went with a Kirby. I never thought it worked as well as the Rainbow. But the Kirby did scrub the carpet.)

I still have the Rainbow and it still works. It has been repaired a few times but I don't really use it. My cleaning lady brings her own vacuum so I don't bother.

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products