U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2010, 07:56 AM

5,022 posts, read 4,379,709 times

Advertisements

do not use the most popular mailing machine company. I am not naming them, but we have been leaseing a mailing machine from them for 6 years and now the lease is up. It has been a nightmare trying to send it back.
I am promised constantly that if I send my latest payment, the box for the machine will be sent to me. I sent that. Then I get a bill saying it costs $100 to end the lease. I send that. Still no box. Today I get another bill for the amount of the lease ; the lease ended on jan 20th ; how can I still get a bill.

I have written on my bills since sept 09 to cancel this lease. Also the credit card associated with it, Iwrote on that bill to cancel the account. Now I find a statement from experian saying the company reported me for a late payment ; that card was cancelled in october!!!!!

I keep speaking with different people ; probably spoke to 5 different people since sept and still the machine sits here waiting for a box to send it back in.

They cost a fortune for ink, rip you off at every chance they get.

Do not use them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 11:54 AM

18,543 posts, read 55,461,975 times
Certified letter that in X days, the machine will be left on the curb in front of your business. Copy to corp headquarters.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:07 AM

14,415 posts, read 24,440,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
do not use the most popular mailing machine company. I am not naming them, but we have been leaseing a mailing machine from them for 6 years and now the lease is up. It has been a nightmare trying to send it back.
I am promised constantly that if I send my latest payment, the box for the machine will be sent to me. I sent that. Then I get a bill saying it costs $100 to end the lease. I send that. Still no box. Today I get another bill for the amount of the lease ; the lease ended on jan 20th ; how can I still get a bill.
You are talking about Pitney-Bowes, aren't you?

One more thing. DO NOT let one of their contractors carry out the equipment without giving you some receipt. If you do, their financing arm will claim that you lost it and never returned it.

Also, make sure that you actually own the equipment that they bill you for. We found them trying to bill us for equipment that we retired YEARS before.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:48 PM

19,129 posts, read 19,976,119 times
Also make sure that the postage meter is properly accounted for. I moved a postage machine from 1 zip to another and USPS raised the Dickens with me.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:35 AM

5,022 posts, read 4,379,709 times
Eventually yesterday which is a full month after the lease expired and at least two phone calls to get that darn box, it arrived yesterday.

Now to get back to trying to take out a late payment on my credit ; that is a joy.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:57 AM

15,210 posts, read 18,492,417 times
You could skip the meter entirely and go with one of the online postage solutions.. I use Endicia with a Dymo LabelWriter 400 Turbo, or occasionally (for larger labels) laser printer labels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products