U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2010, 02:23 PM

6,764 posts, read 19,953,202 times

Advertisements

For the last few days, a certain tax firm has called my #. Asking for my husband (we had the machine screen calls). Last year hubby used them to get the taxes done--it costs a lot and we got NOTHING back..so I remember him saying "I am not using them again."

Okay, so like I said, they keep calling. Finally they left a message. "Mrs. Jones has cut her hours down a bit so can you reschedule the appointment for the 18th to a different time?"

Now, hubby DID NOT make a new appointment back a year ago to use these people again. He never does this a year in advance. It's just a bunch of b.s.

They are running some scam.

Today they called again. I said to the woman, what do you want? She repeats the spiel, says your husband signed up with Mrs. Jones last February for an appointment this year on the 18th." I said, that's news to me. We were just discussing where to go and HE DID NOT make an appointment a year ago to use your services."

The girl said, "Oh, okay. I will cancel your appointment."

There WAS NO APPOINTMENT. They were trying to 'pressure us' into using them or lie and then try to charge us for a missed appointment.

Fake appointments...what will they think of next to 'get clients' or 'scam money." ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 11:16 PM

18,543 posts, read 55,461,975 times
Just a variation on automatic renewal. Don't order any magazines from Hearst Publications using a credit card now. They'll wait a year and bill your CC for another year. They don't even care if you are still alive or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products