U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-20-2010, 11:27 PM
 
Location: Too far from the beach, NJ
5,073 posts, read 4,288,860 times
Reputation: 2545

Advertisements

I will file a complaint, but I have to wonder-- will anything even be done? Am I just going to be beating a dead horse? One of the senders is not even (so far) willing to be helpful in filing a claim because tracking is showing the damn items as being delivered! But they weren't delivered to me, so I guess I lose. Yeah, I know life's not fair and all that BS, but come on. Is there any policy for reimbursement when the fault so clearly lies with an incompetent route carrier?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-21-2010, 03:31 AM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,163 posts, read 13,330,634 times
Reputation: 2492
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
I will file a complaint, but I have to wonder-- will anything even be done? Am I just going to be beating a dead horse? One of the senders is not even (so far) willing to be helpful in filing a claim because tracking is showing the damn items as being delivered! But they weren't delivered to me, so I guess I lose. Yeah, I know life's not fair and all that BS, but come on. Is there any policy for reimbursement when the fault so clearly lies with an incompetent route carrier?
If I were you,please follow through.The way I look at it is this,if you file the claim you could potentially get your money back and also the eye is on the carrier if he/she screwed up.So if they are stealing,then it will stop or they will be fired.If you do nothing it could continue to happen. I'm not sure who you ordered it from but if it was an ebay purchase and especially paypal,they automatically allow for coverage if not delivered to you up to a specific amount. Good luck either way but definitely pursue this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2010, 06:33 PM
 
Location: North Adams, MA
746 posts, read 3,205,679 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
So you lost your tracking info and it's their fault.

Ok.

It's not fair to blame the post office for your own lack of organization.
Thanks, saves me having to point out the fact that the OP doesn't want to accept responsibility for their own carelessness in retaining the receipt. Also, it's likely that the package will turn up when the recipient is ready to process it.

I use the USPS all the time as an eBay buyer and seller, and find it is cheaper and faster than UPS and Fedex, though they both do a superb job as well. In a dozen years and a couple of thousand packages, only one has been "lost" or more likely mis-delivered.

And most of the people who work for the USPS are pretty savvy, and pleasant, at least in my small city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2010, 06:41 PM
 
Location: Bergen County, NJ
1,603 posts, read 3,697,188 times
Reputation: 1838
I want to share this with everyone:

Rarely do I visit the postoffice anymore, so a few months ago I needed stamps and ordered 4 books of stamps on line ... It took THREE FREAK'N WEEKS to come - I could have gone to the Post Office and picked them up same day.

Warning: NEVER use USPS.com to order supplies !

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2010, 06:44 AM
 
2,221 posts, read 3,218,756 times
Reputation: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by litlux View Post
Thanks, saves me having to point out the fact that the OP doesn't want to accept responsibility for their own carelessness in retaining the receipt. Also, it's likely that the package will turn up when the recipient is ready to process it.

I use the USPS all the time as an eBay buyer and seller, and find it is cheaper and faster than UPS and Fedex, though they both do a superb job as well. In a dozen years and a couple of thousand packages, only one has been "lost" or more likely mis-delivered.

And most of the people who work for the USPS are pretty savvy, and pleasant, at least in my small city.

Apperently you dont read very well either. I stated that I LOST THE RECIEPT, my issue with USPS is that they have NO MEANS of helping a customer in this situation.

Here is an example. I ordered some items from a company in California a short time ago and they were closed for a week to for annual inventory or some hogwash. Anyway they failed to send me tracking. I called UPS and gave them my zip code, and the shippers zip code then the physical address of both and bamn, 2 minutes into the conversation they gave me not only my tracking number but the status of my package and the delivery date. I understand how for some of you who are in love with the USPS that is hard to imagine and how strange it might sound that if by some freak accident you lose a piece of paper, thier are companies who can find imformation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2010, 07:26 AM
 
Location: EPWV
11,613 posts, read 6,398,117 times
Reputation: 12825
Funny, but the USPS, for me, has a better track record for deliveries to the correct destination 100% of the time compared to my local post office carrier; which is, at best 95%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2010, 08:03 AM
 
2,221 posts, read 3,218,756 times
Reputation: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Funny, but the USPS, for me, has a better track record for deliveries to the correct destination 100% of the time compared to my local post office carrier; which is, at best 95%.

Isnt USPS and the Post Office the same thing, or are you in a different country with a different postal system?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2010, 08:37 AM
 
Location: Too far from the beach, NJ
5,073 posts, read 4,288,860 times
Reputation: 2545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
If I were you,please follow through.The way I look at it is this,if you file the claim you could potentially get your money back and also the eye is on the carrier if he/she screwed up.So if they are stealing,then it will stop or they will be fired.If you do nothing it could continue to happen. I'm not sure who you ordered it from but if it was an ebay purchase and especially paypal,they automatically allow for coverage if not delivered to you up to a specific amount. Good luck either way but definitely pursue this.
When you refer to filing a claim, do you mean a complaint? The postmaster said I can't file a claim because there is no insurance.

Paypal isn't covering me because the packages are tracked as being delivered; problem is, they weren't delivered to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2010, 01:17 PM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,163 posts, read 13,330,634 times
Reputation: 2492
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
When you refer to filing a claim, do you mean a complaint? The postmaster said I can't file a claim because there is no insurance.

Paypal isn't covering me because the packages are tracked as being delivered; problem is, they weren't delivered to me.
Actually both.I would go to the post office and see the postmaster(call before going) and see what their procedure is.From the carriers scanner that he or she used they can determine all of the packages scanned that day and maybe it was delivered to another house that was getting a bunch.When it comes to paypal usually they state that you are protected, so you can claim with them about not receiving.Delivery confirmation shouldn't be an issue because it doesn't guarantee where it was scanned so i'd ask for a supervisor with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2010, 11:20 PM
 
9,807 posts, read 13,682,398 times
Reputation: 8170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Apperently you dont read very well either. I stated that I LOST THE RECIEPT, my issue with USPS is that they have NO MEANS of helping a customer in this situation.

Here is an example. I ordered some items from a company in California a short time ago and they were closed for a week to for annual inventory or some hogwash. Anyway they failed to send me tracking. I called UPS and gave them my zip code, and the shippers zip code then the physical address of both and bamn, 2 minutes into the conversation they gave me not only my tracking number but the status of my package and the delivery date. I understand how for some of you who are in love with the USPS that is hard to imagine and how strange it might sound that if by some freak accident you lose a piece of paper, thier are companies who can find imformation.

--"I LOST THE RECIEPT "--

Maybe you aren't cut out to be a seller on ebay.

A good,reputable, businessman doesn't LOSE his shipping reciept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top