U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 05:47 PM

321 posts, read 953,008 times

Advertisements

Hello, I was recently looking on my local craigslist to purchase something, and I came across an ad that looked like a fairly good deal. I responded to the ad asking for further information on the item, and got a response from a setup that called themselves "P.R. Direct Buys and More", with a website of prorder.org that I could use to place an order. They described their business with the following information:

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]Who we are: We are a group of people ( friends ) who came together and spent our own money to sign up with discount warehouses and different sales groups so that we can sell selected products online to make a second income.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

I can't find any information -- good OR bad -- for this name or website. So, I'm not going to purchase from them.....but I am now curious about others who might have used them? Anyone know anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 12:17 PM

3 posts, read 4,808 times
THEY ARE A SCAM! I actually found this post by googling "p.r. direct buys and more". On 2/12 I attempted to but an xbox 360 through them, They would only accept a "green dot Money pak" from wal-mart as payment. I was dumb enough to do it. I haven't heard from them since!

I have reported them to the FTC and the Internet Crime Center. Do not buy anything from this company.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandoe View Post
THEY ARE A SCAM! I actually found this post by googling "p.r. direct buys and more". On 2/12 I attempted to but an xbox 360 through them, They would only accept a "green dot Money pak" from wal-mart as payment. I was dumb enough to do it. I haven't heard from them since!

I have reported them to the FTC and the Internet Crime Center. Do not buy anything from this company.

Sorry dandoe . That is what I suspected. Maybe this post can help prevent others from a bad experience in the future. Good luck with your reports -- I hope you get some sort of justice out of it.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:33 PM

48,516 posts, read 85,098,321 times
There have been a number of Craigslist scams reported in the news lately. Lasst i read about was on truck sales.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,676 times
Hey guys, a few game systems from them at the beginning of last month. They have been keeping in email contact, but I have yet to get my products. They say the weather has been putting of the orders, which is possible, as there has been bad snow and ice which is what he said it was. But I haven't recieved anything. I am hoping this isn't a scam, but he continues to answer my emails even after he has been paid. I would think that they would cut off all communication right? But I also posted this complain on sitejabber. And there was a guy on there saying he bought a treadmill from them and got it after a little over a month. He messaged me saying he was in the same situation as me and that my products will more than likely arrive. I will surely let you guys know if they do arrive, but for now I am calling it a scam.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:40 PM

Since my last post I have recieved several emails but like V10 said they are blaming the weather for delays and back ups with orders. I'm thinking its 50/50 at best right now. Either way this group is a little fishy.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:54 PM

Sorry to hear that, Dandoe. Have you heard anything from your reports on them? (Just curious.)

Old 03-21-2010, 12:44 PM

V10 are you still hearing from them? I'm getting emails once in a while but all are very generic with no details offered.

And no I have not heard anything from the reports on them, don't really expect to I guess.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:32 AM

40 posts, read 79,851 times
Oh forget it...if you found something like that on Craigslist it has to be suspect. That's the official home of the online scam.

Join Direct Buy which is a legitimate purchasing club.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:26 PM

19,124 posts, read 19,976,119 times
^^ Sure it is. NoT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products