U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 01:09 AM

14 posts, read 13,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
I have made around 150 purchases on ebay and only twice have i left negative feedback. the first time, the seller contacted me and rectified the problem so i withdrew the feedback. this time around the seller refused to budge. this morning i went and checked that my feedback was still there and low and behold, the seller had gone back to 100% positive. ebay did not even have the courtesy to contact me and ask me why. i wonder how often dodgy sellers on ebay have had their poor feedback removed only to go on and rip more unsuspecting buyers off?
Stop using eBay for a while. There are many good websites similar to them these days. As long as you pay through PayPal, they are all about the same.

I have been purchasing from them only 4 months. My beef in those four months is that after I went back and changed a negative feedback to a positive one, eBay kept sending me messages to review it over and over again. So far, I have had only one bad seller and it was over an exhorbitant shipping fee. He wanted almost $40 to send a $14.99 item.

I personally do not like their bidding process. An item will sit there for days with a bid, then when the customer bids, all of a sudden, we are outbid. They must sit around their computers and bid on their own items.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 01:58 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,993,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainie64 View Post
So far, I have had only one bad seller and it was over an exhorbitant shipping fee. He wanted almost $40 to send a $14.99 item.
You do know that postage cost is determined by package weight, dimensions and destination, and not by the purchase price, right?

A $14.99 machine shop anvil may very well cost $40.00 to ship across the country, even at the cheapest rate.

Not saying the seller didn't over charge you, because I don't know what you bought. It's just that I see this complaint a lot where people think they should not pay more in shipping than the item cost. It doesn't work like that.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,099 times
The feedback system is a JOKE,and not in a funny way.It's BENT,BIAST DISHONEST,ONE SIDED call it what you will,BUT when a buyer can not be given a negative feedback?...when we (as sellers) are TOLD by ebay,that we can ONLY give buyers POSITIVE feedback,or no feedback at all (no feedback is as good as positive feedback,me thinks) I sincerely believe it calls in to question,the honesty of ebay.

I have seen the feedback of a "buyer",who (luckily for me) was outbid in my auction,as they had "won" 5 of their last 25 Lots
(25 of the most recent entries in "feedback profile" by default,as of Feb 2nd)
but failed to pay,and been reported at LEAST twice,yet STILL maintained a 100% feedback score,thanks to ebays policy of SELLERS CAN ONLY LEAVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK.

PATHETIC.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:09 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,993,505 times
^^^ old-school eBay.

Current eBay: Don't annoy the buyers. They are the ones with the money.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:56 AM

3,087 posts, read 5,972,437 times
This is why ebay ratings/yelp reviews are meaningless to me.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:30 AM

20,534 posts, read 20,520,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMNan View Post
^^^ old-school eBay.

Current eBay: Don't annoy the buyers. They are the ones with the money.

Even if they decide not to part with it.

Old 06-13-2015, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 881 times
In many years of buying on ebay, I have only left two negatives. A recent transaction was so horrid, two days ago, I left one for a seller. It disappeared, no contact from ebay who had encourage me to leave appropriate feedback. The negative was something like: Slow shipping, poor communication, needed assistance with transaction.
What should I do, just forget it and buy on Amazon only?

Old 06-23-2015, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 824 times
E-bay refuses to post negative reviews. Old ones may still be there, but I got taken on two transactoins and said so. I got an email from e-bay stating the content was not acceptable! I WAS ADVISED TO GO BACK AND "FIX" THE REVIEW, BUT IT WAS GONE AND I COULD NOT GO BACK AN RE-PHRASE IT. Whoever says there is free speech on e-bay is a liar. We can no longer post a review to protect future buyers. E-bay is protecting the sellers. Buyer beware!

Old 12-30-2015, 06:46 AM

1 posts, read 586 times
I had this happen to me I paid 1200.00 for an item described as newin unopened box. The item came in open boxes.
I stated this in my feedback along with one other negative feedback. this gave the seller 90% positive feedback. I looked a few days later and he now had 100% positive feedback. The seller admitted sending me open box items, However in small print at the bottom of his page it states if you buy this item you are agreeing that you are buying an unopened package therefor you already acknowlidged you bought an unopened package. I am not making this up.E bay allows these people to continue doing this shady business.Do not believe it when a seller has 100% positive feedback. E bay makes sure the sellers that make them money do not recieve negitave feedback! What a scam! I hope one of these class action lawyers sue them.
Thanks!

Old 12-30-2015, 05:29 PM

9,573 posts, read 8,244,769 times
In life it is impossible to get 100% approval of everything one says, does, sells, etc. On Ebay I look for longevity, amount of sales, etc. long before I pay attention to a few dissatisfied buyers. Like 5 years at it, 500 sales, 5 dissatisfied does not eliminate them to me as a seller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products