U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 11:12 AM

15,244 posts, read 20,195,624 times

Advertisements

According to your post, the eBay ad description said "bucket seat front seat belt buckle for Dodge Car" (bolding is mine). So why would you have thought you were getting the entire seat belt? And then you lied in your negative fededback by saying that the item was not fully described.

You were absolutely wrong in so many ways and your lying feedback deserved to be removed. And I say this as someone who's never sold on eBay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notheast eagle View Post
I brought a seat belt for my car for $49.00 . Description read bucket seat front seat belt buckle for Dodge Car.There was no picture of the belt only the junk car it came out of. I would of thought I was getting the whole seat belt with buckle for the price. The day I received this I returned it and said I need the whole seat belt.Seller send me a return mailing slip.which I was later charged $7...if I knew would of mailed it back cheaper...
Item was returned and I received only $34. I paid $49.00. He charged me a $8.00 restocking fee and $7.00 for shipping.
I left him negative feedback for only receiving half my money and the item was not fully describe and will not buy from him again. EBAY removed my negative feedback. II got ripped off $15 and you can not even leave an honest feedback,,,,,,brought the whole seat belt after from someone else new for only $24.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 01:29 PM

3,137 posts, read 1,896,197 times
Yes, I have long suspected that ebay helps out fraudulent or poor sellers by removing their negative feedback score. That's why I terminated by ebay account.

Amazon treats their customers better.

Old 03-16-2017, 05:03 PM

11,625 posts, read 20,781,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfw46 View Post
according to your post, the ebay ad description said "bucket seat front seat belt buckle for dodge car" (bolding is mine). So why would you have thought you were getting the entire seat belt? And then you lied in your negative fededback by saying that the item was not fully described.

You were absolutely wrong in so many ways and your lying feedback deserved to be removed. And i say this as someone who's never sold on ebay.
exactly!

Old 03-17-2017, 04:18 PM

4,280 posts, read 2,873,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
Yes, I have long suspected that ebay helps out fraudulent or poor sellers by removing their negative feedback score. That's why I terminated by ebay account.

Amazon treats their customers better.
Usually eBay bends over backwards to help the buyer not the seller.

Old 03-27-2017, 03:00 PM

13,797 posts, read 9,295,610 times
I think ebay unfairly make feedback system a one-sided affair. It should be a 2 way system where a seller can leave a negative or comments about a buyer. I sell + buy on ebay, I rarely leave negatives unless the seller really did not meet my expectations.

I have gotten bad negatives against me removed by Ebay when I show proof the buyer was threatening me with a negative as a way to get me give them some money back on a deal. We're talking about a $20 item here!!!

Ebay has some of the stingiest buyers. It should be a 2 way street that if a buyer leaves me a negative I can leave them a negative one too so that other sellers can be warned. But ebay doesn't care because they want money and they don't care about who is right or wrong.

Old 04-03-2017, 02:00 PM

7,562 posts, read 16,559,765 times
It blew my mind when the reviews went one way like that. Customers can be terrible, leave a bad review and you have to leave a good one. Negative reviews on the buyers end would show what kind of history a buyer has.

Ive only ever sold one thing so its not like it really effects me but its unfair to be able to leave a negative review on something purchased because you misread it and they cant reply with negative on your feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I think ebay unfairly make feedback system a one-sided affair. It should be a 2 way system where a seller can leave a negative or comments about a buyer. I sell + buy on ebay, I rarely leave negatives unless the seller really did not meet my expectations.

I have gotten bad negatives against me removed by Ebay when I show proof the buyer was threatening me with a negative as a way to get me give them some money back on a deal. We're talking about a $20 item here!!!

Ebay has some of the stingiest buyers. It should be a 2 way street that if a buyer leaves me a negative I can leave them a negative one too so that other sellers can be warned. But ebay doesn't care because they want money and they don't care about who is right or wrong.

Old 05-13-2017, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 610 times
I found out the hard way that Ebay's feedback system is broken. A month after I've been telling people the virtues of it.

I paid for a phone repair service for my phone's broken glass screen. I found a seller who not only had a high feedback score but was also offering a 'lifetime warranty'. My wife expressed concern about trusting someone on ebay to fix my phone. I explained to her that this seller had excellent feedback with numerous buyers stating how happy they were with the repair and the fact that he only had one neutral comment, which to my mind meant that this was a trustworthy, reliable seller.

I was 'sold'. Fast forward a month later, and this seller's attempt to repair my phone has broken the LCD. He refused a refund when I told him politely, that the fault was and that he needed to offer a solution to rectify it, he stopped responding.

I've kept on messaging him but he will not respond so then I left the following feedback; "Attempted repair has caused my the LCD to completely fail, seller will not respond, lifetime warranty worthless" it was factually correct,not abusive and would help other buyers in deciding whether to buy from this seller. Also another user had also left a neg feedback just before I had left mine.

Guess what? ebay removed both negative feedbacks and of course refuse to explain why. Who knows how many negative feedbacks they have removed. I would never have bought from him If knew that he was having legitimate negative feedback removed

Old 05-15-2017, 09:59 PM

5,847 posts, read 2,403,783 times
I learned a long time ago that the eBay feedback system is a complete scam. The only thing I have found it useful for, is when I don't receive my item, and the seller ignores my messages. After three or four days of being ignored, I go and leave a negative feedback. Suddenly five minutes later I have a message requesting that I revise my negative feedback. "Sorry we didn't answer. We are on vacation". Their vacation is too important to interrupt to respond to messages from customers, but one negative feedback changes everything. LOL.

Old 05-31-2017, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 545 times
Default Where in ebay do we ask for the negative feedback to be put back in?

Hi
I see that I'm not the only one whose negative feedback was removed without a reason. Does anybody know where in ebay webpage I need to go in order to complain/ give the reasons why removing the negative feedback was wrong/ request for the neg.fe. to be retrieved?

Old 09-01-2017, 03:15 AM

1 posts, read 447 times
yes i can report the same experience.
so i am ebayer from 2002 and 99% of the time - buyer. didnt had much problems and NEVER left negatives until now.
lately i bought laptop battery. it arrived dead, simply dead not even recognizable. while high reputable seller stated it was working fine and had a good health. i sent him photos. but no returns accepted. many messages, many discussions - no results.
so i put him a negative feedback, not offending anyone. simply like - battery arrived dead, no refund, no returns, bad ebaying.
simpy after a few days - feedback was removed.
ok.
and i bought laptop. it arrived with a cracked plastic hinge and bad battery that was showing "service me" messages all the time! seller didnt even reply. i left negative saying: hinge cracked, bad batt, no reply. nothing more.
after 2-3 weeks negative feedback also disappeared from his page.

ok so i understand that ebay is very easy can remove negative feedback. but how are these people even doing that? i mean what is the weak link in ebay policy that you can rely on when asking to remove any negative feedback you received?
or you just call ebay:
- hi, miss, i am jake182, can you remove the recent negative feedback i received?
- ok, jake182, all done, have a nice one.
- bye
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products