U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 03:49 AM

1 posts, read 9,820 times

Advertisements

Bottom line ebay feedback no longer works... its as simple as that... they have butchered their own feedback system to the point to where it is now 100% useless... trust me when I tell you this: ANY feedback, POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE can be removed for ANY reason and eBay does not have to give you a reason as they did in my case, they simply removed a 100% legitimate NEGATIVE FEEDBACK I left for a seller and gave NO REASON, thats right folks NO REASON GIVEN! And for that reason I say eBay feedback is corrupted and completely flawed... thats another reason why eBay sucks
ALSO, there are literilly tens of thousands of items listed on eBay at any given time that are NOT ALLOWED to be sold on eBay. We were selling items on eBay for years that were allowed. Then one day ebay changed their rules making virtually 90% of the products we were selling NO LONGER ALLOWED despite the fact that EVERY ITEM we were selling was 100% legal for ANYONE TO OWN in all 50 united states! FACT!!!
We were basically forced to go out of busisness because we chose to abide by the change eBay made HOWEVER, others kept on selling the same items, they simply changes the way the listed the items HIDING what the items actually were. EXAMPLES: Words /Terms that eBay deems "illeagle" to list on their site: "AR-15" AK-47" Replacement Words /Terms now being used that eBay ignors and allows" "MODEL 15" "MODEL 47"... you see this is BULL****... its all a game and all about the money... eBay is FULL OF **** FOLKS! Do the searches and see it for yourself don't take my word for it! They will also use search terms like ".223" "5.56" "7.62" Search those terms and see what you can find and you will see what I'm talking about! You can find all sorts of products that we were put out of buisness for selling on eBay still being sold by other sellers TODAY who "know how to play the game"!!! You can "report" these items and good ole eBay won't do **** about them, they will claim they ARE NOT in violation when in fact they clearly are! So it's all BULL**** and ALL ABOUT THE MONEY as far as eBay, (or should I say "OBEY") is concerned... they are full of ****!

Last edited by truth4wtc7; 12-27-2012 at 04:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 01:08 PM

2 posts, read 18,809 times
Default Negative feedback removed.

This happened to me as well. I had a really difficult transaction with a seller: he sent the wrong item, ignored my emails at first then after several days sent me an abrupt, rude email telling me to just send the item back, but not to expect any refund for the return postage or the original postage! Well, I live in the country, am disabled and my local post office has been shut so it would have cost me a further £5.00 bus fare to the nearest town and a lot of difficulty to return. So add that up with the return and original postage cost and it comes to almost the price I paid for the item to start with. I mentioned this to the seller and asked if he could provide a pre-paid postage label to make things easier and deduct the cost from my refund, he replied with another horrible rude rant and said that my only option now was to accept a partial refund of £3.50 from him and keep the wrong item. £3.50 was the price I paid for the original postage and packing so I really didn't receive much except for a useless item and some abusive emails.
So I left him negative feedback saying: "Wrong item recieved. Rude customer service. Do not recommend" He then sent me another extremely rude email abusing me for leaving him negative feedback! After all this when I checked his feedback a week later mine has been removed! He has several other negatives from people all complaining about how rude he is and how bad his service is but because he's a business seller and probably also because he manages to get many negatives removed, his bad service and nasty attitude aren't reflected in his seller rating score. I complained to Ebay but they replied saying they can't go into details as to why but that it "was removed as it fitted one of our feedback removal criteria"
I should add that I have a 100% positive feedback score and have only ever had to leave negative feedback 3 times in almost 1000 transactions.
I received no notification from Ebay that they were removing my feedback or giving me any option to revise my feedback wording. Nothing. I noticed whilst looking at his latest feedback that many people were left without xmas presents or had returned items only to receive no refund in return. Many mention his rude attitude, but apparantly Ebay would still prefer to support his feedback removal claim than my honest opinion. I wonder how many of his latest negative feedbacks will be removed by Ebay? It feels like censorship, my feedback wasn't offensively worded and it reflected my honest experience with the seller. So why was it removed without any mention to me! Ebay didn't bother to contact me to find out my side of the situation. What's the point of having feedback scores if certain sellers are having there mistakes wiped clean by Ebay. This man sends me extremely abusive emails and then gets off scott free thanks to Ebay. I no longer trust them and will shop elsewhere whenever possible from now on.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:06 PM

1 posts, read 9,438 times
Here is my story as a seller and am writing this for any help or advice anyone can give

Here is my feedback: You can see the negative feedback I just got (First negative in over 4 years and 200 items as a seller)
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...leepgsr&ftab=A llFeedback
Here is the explanation I sent to ebay under the report buyer section

": Two main problems with the buyers feedback. 1. Accused me of not offering a tuned chip (I contacted him two times and he never answered) 2. Accused me that the eprom was not chipped (All my chipped ecu's are eprom chipped). He never contacted me to explain what he thought was wrong. My business depends on good feedback and service - that is my main selling point as you can see from my auctions and from the great feedback that I receive. I wonder if he may be a competitor with a different account. I can understand that he wanted a program setup on the chip before it was sent out but he did not respond to the two messages that I sent him. The auction ended Dec 25. He paid right away and I sent him a message thanking him for the quick payment and requesting that he specify whether he want something setup on the chip or if her was going to take care of it himself. He did not respond so I sent him another message on Dec 27 letting him know that if he did not contact me that I would assume that he is going to take care of the chip himself (As many of my customers do) and send it out with a blank chip(I don't want to wait too long before sending my ecu's out to keep the s&h time down). I then waited one more day before printing the shipping label and an addition day (Dec 29) before sending it out. He finally contacted me on Jan 6 (13 days after the auction) specifying what he wanted on the chip. I informed him that because he did not respond to my earlier messages, that I had sent it out with a blank chip. He did not respond at all so I assumed that he understood. And then he left this negative feedback.Please remove this false negative feedback as my company's main motto and selling point if excellent customer service. Also see (go though) my otherwise perfect feedback as a testament to my companies integrity. Thanks, Vince"

I did contact the buyer after he left the negative feedback explaining the it was not true and asking how we could resolve the issue.

Any advice - shou8ld I be doing anything else to get rid if this false feedback? Someone said to refund the item and then it feedback will automatically be removed....
Thanks for your time.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:35 AM

1 posts, read 9,411 times
Hi getting the negative feedback removed is great opportunity for those buyers who have got negative feedback because of the any reason it gave them a new push...

Old 01-26-2013, 11:59 AM

2 posts, read 11,033 times
Yup happened to me too. over 200 transactions - no negatives. The seller has only 50 transactions. This person was rude, deceptive and didnt ship anything nor would answer blunt questions such as "did you ship?". I left negative. Next day it was gone. Ebay is a strange and unethical place. ONe day they are freezing an honest seller with thousands of sales behind them and the next they are removing negatives for fraudsters. Ebay could have looked in the Ebay messages to see that this guy lied and dodged all resonable requests. Instead negative removed an on goes the fraud.

No profanity nor any claims other than seller was rude and didnt ship product as advertized. I wont buy on Ebay again. I dont understand what their business model is exactly. They killed their old iidentity or a large garage sale and are trying to be Amazon. We already have an Amazon, and they are teh best at being Amazon. EBay was the best at being Ebay but they totaly gave that away. Google? Come on in and take their lunch.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:17 PM

1 posts, read 9,334 times
Had my negative feedback removed by Ebay without any consultation. I contacted Ebay by phone and was told it contravened Ebay rules. I asked why, as my feedback was factual and accurate, I was told the reason is confidential.
I consider this removal inappropriate as I contact the seller 5 times by Email without an answer and tried to telephone without getting an answer. I eventually got a reply to an email when I mentioned Ebays Buyer Protection. I have since found out the listing for the Item I bought was the responsibility of Ebay as the Seller was a Market Place trader, therefore it was removed to keep face with a large seller on Ebay

Old 02-18-2013, 01:19 PM

2 posts, read 18,809 times
Update: I emailed Ebay complaining about their removal of my honest feedback and directing them to read all the other negatives this seller had received in the last couple of weeks (over the xmas period), I also invited them to read the correspondance the seller sent me to confirm his rude, abusive attitude. Result? Ebay ignored my email and when I checked the sellers feedback again a week later nearly all of the negative feedback he'd received when I last looked had been removed. I have no trust or faith in Ebay anymore and will avoid them from now on.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:41 PM

3 posts, read 9,565 times
I ordered and paid through paypal for an item, did not received because has sent to CA and I am in NC. Contacted seller, never respond, opened case denied in short time, appealed case through ebay protection, denied immediately. Placed feed back got notice in 10 second that my negative feedback has been removed. ALL WITH NO EXPALNATION

Old 05-31-2013, 06:16 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,993,505 times
This sounds like about half the story. Was your shipping address correct, or did you recently move and did not change your address with PayPal?

Old 06-01-2013, 06:04 PM

21,540 posts, read 24,677,950 times
I have been dealing with ebay for many years with a few hundred transactions. All the negative/neutral feedbacks I've left are all still there all the way back to day one. FWIW as long as you communicate within the ebay system, the resolution center can see the communications. As long as you, the buyer, made an effort to resolve the situation (by actually typing a few sentences rather than a word or two) then the feedbacks stand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products