Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 12:51 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,671,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMNan View Post
You do know that postage cost is determined by package weight, dimensions and destination, and not by the purchase price, right?

A $14.99 machine shop anvil may very well cost $40.00 to ship across the country, even at the cheapest rate.

Not saying the seller didn't over charge you, because I don't know what you bought. It's just that I see this complaint a lot where people think they should not pay more in shipping than the item cost. It doesn't work like that.
If you give a negative due to ship fees, Ebay can remove it on request because it has nothing to do with the Shopping experience.

This because you don't understand the system. Sellers are gaming on the fact that shipping fees cost less fees than the sold price.

Someone sells something for a $1 + $99 shipping fee is the same as $95 + $5 ship. So why would you care?

Look at the total price when comparing. I always shop for the total price regardless what the ship fees are.

I always try to help sellers reduce fees if they can help me lower the price so ask the seller a question on whether they can work out a deal with you than complaining about the shipping fees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 07:48 PM

3 posts, read 2,678 times
they removed feedback for no apparent reason, i try to contact seller for a product that did not last. seller never reply, then i file the return request, the seller refuse because it was more than the 15 days of their warranty. So that was find with me but i left a negative because the item was really cheap and did not last long, Ebay should not be removing this feedback, the feedback had nothing to do with the seller, my feedback was bad because of this particular item been low quality. i was trying to informed other buyer that this item is not going to last. thats the main purpose of feedback other than identify bad sellers.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:12 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,640,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaloo95 View Post
they removed feedback for no apparent reason, i try to contact seller for a product that did not last. seller never reply, then i file the return request, the seller refuse because it was more than the 15 days of their warranty. So that was find with me but i left a negative because the item was really cheap and did not last long, Ebay should not be removing this feedback, the feedback had nothing to do with the seller, my feedback was bad because of this particular item been low quality. i was trying to informed other buyer that this item is not going to last. thats the main purpose of feedback other than identify bad sellers.
When you leave feedback you are rating the SELLER, not the product. The seller did not make (usually) the product. You are rating the seller for Item as Described, Shipping Time, Communication, etc. If they had a fourteen day return policy and you waited fifteen days to contact them, that's your fault and they don't have to do anything.

If I'm wrong about this, then somebody please correct me. But I don't think you should leave a negative which will practically ruin a seller's rating just because the product was bad. You said that the feedback had nothing to do with the seller so why did you leave bad feedback about the seller?

Old 06-04-2016, 07:02 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,406,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
When you leave feedback you are rating the SELLER, not the product. The seller did not make (usually) the product. You are rating the seller for Item as Described, Shipping Time, Communication, etc. If they had a fourteen day return policy and you waited fifteen days to contact them, that's your fault and they don't have to do anything.

If I'm wrong about this, then somebody please correct me. But I don't think you should leave a negative which will practically ruin a seller's rating just because the product was bad. You said that the feedback had nothing to do with the seller so why did you leave bad feedback about the seller?
You're not wrong. What the buyer did was a product review, which has nothing to do with the seller performance, and the seller should not have to take a neg for it.
What the buyer COULD have done if they really wanted to was leave a Positive feedback with a comment like: seller was great, product was flimsy.
Or there is a place for actual product reviews, depending on what the item is.
Know before you buy: New Products & reviews tab | eBay Announcement Page

Old 09-30-2016, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 695 times
Default Deleted seller feedback

Ya they say neg comment in pos feedback are not allowed but I got it remove and resulted in removing neg on seller also so in order to protect myself, evidently I sacrificed the rest of eBay. Feedback Is BS no longer has any meaning. Talked to eBay on the phone to correct but was told no.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:31 AM

79 posts, read 104,254 times
If the seller offers to take the item back and pay your shipping they can remove the neg feed back due to them offering you a full refund.

Old 10-09-2016, 01:22 AM

1 posts, read 644 times
I am under the impression that ebay removes all kind of negative feedback, no matter if it is justified or not. You don't have the option of going into all the details of the story, so you you have to limit yourself to a few words.

When I bought a Harley on Ebay, I thought that the Ebay member was also selling it. After I won the auction and made the $ 500 deposit, he asked me to send the remaining $ 6,000 to the owner of the bike. He did not disclose this on the listing and I told him that I did not want to send money to some third party. He started insulting me, calling at 5 am and refused to give me my $ 500 back. I asked Ebay if I should make a payment to a third party and they advised me not to do it. The same lady who advised me not to pay the remaining balance also told me to leave feedback so that other members would be warned.

Later this guy filed an unpaid item claim against me, I was given another 4 days to pay but the guy had already relisted the bike. My negative feedback in which I stated that this member seemed to be a scammer was removed after only 2 days. When this guy relisted the bike, again: not one single word that he was expecting the buyer to wire the funds to an unknown third party....

What I learned from this experience is that the whole feedback system on Ebay is BS since Ebay removes negative comments because they are not good for the business. If the eBay member has the right to tell a buyer to wire several thousands of $$$$$$$ to an offshore account belonging to a russian mafioso, then I am asking myself why there are member profiles with feedback ratings anyway.... You think you are dealing with a certain Ebay member and then you are supposed to do business with someone else ??? After he complained obviously nobody at Ebay told him to disclose that he does not own the bike and that he expects to pay someone else. They also never took action against his keyword spamming ( "Ducati, Suzuki, Triumph, Kawasaki" in the title of this Harley Davidson listing). Even after reporting this several times.

Last edited by flyhi1978; 10-09-2016 at 01:39 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-28-2016, 04:32 PM

2 posts, read 1,096 times
Hey

Old 12-28-2016, 04:45 PM

2 posts, read 1,096 times
Exclamation Not always the case...

So NMNan... I'm a frequent buyer on eBay and I get partial refunds all the time. Not because I'm a scammer but because when an item I purchase is not the quality I expect or has some defect that isn't supposed to be there etc. I will address the situation with my seller and more than not they will offer me a partial refund rather than have me return the item completely and then they would have to resell or eat the items cost altogether. So should I feel bad about this because your comment leaves me feeling as though you believe I'm in the wrong here. Rest assured that not all accounts with multiple or frequent partial payment returns lead to a buyer who is a scammer...
signed,
Nacho scammer!

Old 03-16-2017, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 416 times
I brought a seat belt for my car for $49.00 . Description read bucket seat front seat belt buckle for Dodge Car.There was no picture of the belt only the junk car it came out of. I would of thought I was getting the whole seat belt with buckle for the price. The day I received this I returned it and said I need the whole seat belt.Seller send me a return mailing slip.which I was later charged $7...if I knew would of mailed it back cheaper...
Item was returned and I received only $34. I paid $49.00. He charged me a $8.00 restocking fee and $7.00 for shipping.
I left him negative feedback for only receiving half my money and the item was not fully describe and will not buy from him again. EBAY removed my negative feedback. II got ripped off $15 and you can not even leave an honest feedback,,,,,,brought the whole seat belt after from someone else new for only $24.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products