U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 04:29 AM

3,283 posts, read 4,711,978 times

Advertisements

I have made around 150 purchases on ebay and only twice have i left negative feedback. the first time, the seller contacted me and rectified the problem so i withdrew the feedback. this time around the seller refused to budge. this morning i went and checked that my feedback was still there and low and behold, the seller had gone back to 100% positive. ebay did not even have the courtesy to contact me and ask me why. i wonder how often dodgy sellers on ebay have had their poor feedback removed only to go on and rip more unsuspecting buyers off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 06:06 AM

20,534 posts, read 20,520,186 times
What's the story behind your neg?
What did you want that the seller didn't want to give you?

Old 02-23-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
What's the story behind your neg?
What did you want that the seller didn't want to give you?
that's not really the point. the point is that i left negative feedback and my feedback was removed without anyone notifying me. it's one thing for them to contact me and say that the feedback i left was unreasonable and they were going to remove it on grounds of xxxxx! it's a different story to just remove it and let these sellers go on and continue to rip people off!

Old 02-23-2010, 08:47 AM

15,240 posts, read 20,185,903 times
eBay will remove feedback if it contains profanity or otherwise violates eBay's terms. However, if your negative feedback was factual and wasnt profane, eBay shouldnt have removed it without notifying you.

Edited to add that your initial post implies you left negative feedback for both sellers without contacting them first. I've been buying on eBay since 1998 (3,500 purchases) and wouldnt dream of leaving negative feedback without contacting the seller to give him/her a chance to rectify the situation. Leaving negative feedback should be a buyer's LAST resort.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
eBay will remove feedback if it contains profanity or otherwise violates eBay's terms. However, if your negative feedback was factual and wasnt profane, eBay shouldnt have removed it without notifying you.

Edited to add that your initial post implies you left negative feedback for both sellers without contacting them first. I've been buying on eBay since 1998 (3,500 purchases) and wouldnt dream of leaving negative feedback without contacting the seller to give him/her a chance to rectify the situation. Leaving negative feedback should be a buyer's LAST resort.

contacted both of them first. the first company offered a partial refund which i accepted and i withdrew the negative feedback. these guys didn't offer to rectify anything. once again though, it is not the point. i should have been notified of ebay's decision to disregard my feedback

Old 02-23-2010, 09:18 AM

Did your feedback contain profanity?

Old 02-23-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Did your feedback contain profanity?

no

Old 02-23-2010, 11:54 AM

13,111 posts, read 25,206,072 times
Well call them or email them and ask why they did it?? If legitimate negative feedback is being removed...that's just not right!! Many buyers check on the feedback before they will order

Old 02-23-2010, 12:46 PM

eBay removes feedback without notification only for violation of its Feedback Rules. 58robbo, exactly what did your feedback say?

Excerpts from the eBay page about Feedback:

While insulting language, like "fraud," "liar," "cheater," "scam artist," or "con man," is strongly discouraged, Feedback containing such language won't be removed unless it also contains some type of content that isn't allowed.

We don't allow Feedback comments that contain:
Personally identifying information about another member, including real name, address, phone number, or email address.
Profane, vulgar, obscene, or racist language, or adult material

Old 02-28-2010, 07:31 PM

48,516 posts, read 85,098,321 times
My wife quit after e-aby allowed a seller that had no reserve to refuse saying it wasn't meet.Even after e=mailing them the sell saying no reserve. She wuoite as its rigged apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products