U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 02:29 PM

10,189 posts, read 25,077,499 times

Advertisements

Shopping on line is as much as a crap-game as buying in a store--unless, you double, and often triple check your shopping bag.

But I have had about 90% success with the items I buy on line: art supplies from very reputable vendors who I generally call with my order; amazon and half for books, both new and used; and occasionally a piece of clothing. Clothing has always been a disaster so I've given up trying.

However, I really like to touch, feel, examine, try on and experience the little I buy, and prefer small neighbourhood stores--even when it comes to computer supplies. I did buy a camera online, but again first calling, and from a reputable vendor I knew from my home town (NYC). And I bought a comforter/quilt from a large vendor in Maine and it wasn't the one I had hoped for but kept it. I stopped by the store a week or more ago and the thrill of touching all the comforters was so gratifying, I'll probably buy another one--but this time I'll know from the feel of it which to order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2007, 02:31 PM

18,434 posts, read 29,907,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
74 and change? And your dh had you pay how much for two carts on line?

Old 06-02-2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Since when will a DH know anything ¿...LOL...
great point, what was I thinking... I should have just came home with the printer and my happy self. Poo!

The mail has come and gone, no ink

Old 06-02-2007, 09:10 PM

15,208 posts, read 10,716,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
great point, what was I thinking... I should have just came home with the printer and my happy self. Poo!

The mail has come and gone, no ink

Back to the store......LOL.....

Old 06-02-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:

Ouch, you don't want to know what I pay for mine online then.....

Old 06-02-2007, 09:14 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,597,287 times
Tra la la la la tra la la la.....maybe I found your ink cartridge cinder

I am about in hog heaven....I went to some garage sales TODAY....on a lone table was a box with big letters. It said "INK FOR PRINTERS" $3.00 MARKED DOWN TO $2.00.

I had been to this same garage sale before and bought ink cartridges......are these the same as before.......FOR $2.00 WHOA....COULD IT BE????????????

I snuck up to the box and peered into it......7 black and 8 color.....holy carp they will all fit my printer. I normally pay $35. for color and $27 for black.....who cares they are remanufactured .... they worked fine before.......OMG for $30 I got 15 ink cartridges.

Cinder......I will dig deeper in the box and see if the postman put yours at the bottom. In the meantime I am having a big ole drink to celebrate. Cheers....bottoms up!

BTW cinder you asked re being both....I am both the doll lady and the grocery cart queen....I do both quite well......experience baby ....experience

Old 06-03-2007, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doll lady View Post
Tra la la la la tra la la la.....maybe I found your ink cartridge cinder

I am about in hog heaven....I went to some garage sales TODAY....on a lone table was a box with big letters. It said "INK FOR PRINTERS" $3.00 MARKED DOWN TO $2.00.

I had been to this same garage sale before and bought ink cartridges......are these the same as before.......FOR $2.00 WHOA....COULD IT BE????????????

I snuck up to the box and peered into it......7 black and 8 color.....holy carp they will all fit my printer. I normally pay $35. for color and $27 for black.....who cares they are remanufactured .... they worked fine before.......OMG for $30 I got 15 ink cartridges.

Cinder......I will dig deeper in the box and see if the postman put yours at the bottom. In the meantime I am having a big ole drink to celebrate. Cheers....bottoms up!

BTW cinder you asked re being both....I am both the doll lady and the grocery cart queen....I do both quite well......experience baby ....experience
I just want my money back now since I bought a printer.... you can keep the ink...

Old 06-03-2007, 01:47 PM

15,566 posts, read 36,922,766 times
Yes, I buy online all the time. I am the self-proclaimed Ebay Queen! LOL

I buy from all kinds of places - Talbots, Ann Taylor, Nordstrom, Macy's, dance shops, etc. But I really enjoy shopping Ebay. It's kind of like a very cool rummage sale and I get a lot of really great things! I've only had one bad experience on Ebay and it wasn't really that bad. I ordered all 158 episodes of the Twilight Zone and was led to believe they were the Columbia House VHS series. I received them, but the guy had obviously recorded all the episodes with his home VCR and edited out the commercials. When I left negative feedback for him because the items were misrepresented, he left negative feedback for me in retaliation. Apparently he did similar things to other people and a couple of people got in touch with me about my transaction experience with this guy. Anyway, he was kicked of Ebay and he had the audacity to email me and a bunch of these other people asking us to contact Ebay and have his account reinstated. As far as the videos I received - they work fine and they are watchable, but they are not what I thought I was paying for.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:50 PM

Quote:
I just want my money back now since I bought a printer.... you can keep the ink...

You went and bought the new printer ¿ Go girl...DH..will understand...

Old 06-04-2007, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
You went and bought the new printer ¿ Go girl...DH..will understand...
He said... you bought a whole new printer? What are you gonna do with the other one and the ink thats in it..... eergggg

I felt like telling him what I was gonna do with it....

And, to top it off, I think he threw away my Printmaster program, he does that... just throws stuff out...So the one I have now just totally sucks... but the printer is great... Lord only knows what happened to that black ink cartridge....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products