U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 12:39 PM

15,208 posts, read 10,720,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
He said... you bought a whole new printer? What are you gonna do with the other one and the ink thats in it..... eergggg

I felt like telling him what I was gonna do with it....

And, to top it off, I think he threw away my Printmaster program, he does that... just throws stuff out...So the one I have now just totally sucks... but the printer is great... Lord only knows what happened to that black ink cartridge....

Don't forget the pics when the old printer is......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 01:08 PM

2,267 posts, read 2,592,952 times
You know what else is cool now a days about buying online, if you purchase something from a retailor that has a store, you can take the item back to the store rather then mailing it back, that is really convenient.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:54 PM

18,434 posts, read 29,914,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
You know what else is cool now a days about buying online, if you purchase something from a retailor that has a store, you can take the item back to the store rather then mailing it back, that is really convenient.
Well, I got this fr Amazon, and the balck cartridge came today, in totally different pkging than the color cart came in...

So, I have 2 printers and plenty of ink.

Dell used printer for sale, good price, plenty of ink...all I can do is laugh

Old 06-04-2007, 05:09 PM

15,208 posts, read 10,720,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Well, I got this fr Amazon, and the balck cartridge came today, in totally different pkging than the color cart came in...

So, I have 2 printers and plenty of ink.

Dell used printer for sale, good price, plenty of ink...all I can do is laugh

Dell printer, for sale - hehehe...(ducks as an empty cartridge zooms past head)...

Old 06-05-2007, 04:45 AM

1,005 posts, read 1,505,967 times
I purchase everything I can online. If someone slid food underneath my door a few times/wk, I don't think I'd feel the need to leave my house very often, although the dirty, cramped, loud city I live in is the determining factor. I frequent:

Drugstore.com (lowest prices on Brita water filters)

Bestwebbuys.com (for used books) - they give a chart of discount sites that offer your book, comparing prices side by side, including S&H. Very useful.

Amazon (best place for obscure band CD's or my punk era book collection)

Lasenza.com in Canada (prettiest, high-quality, lowest-priced lingeree. Once you try them, you'll never want Victoria's Secret again, really.)

Peapod (Stop & Shop groceries)

Over the past 20-yrs, I've even purchased good quality beds, TV's, home appliances including washers/dryers & refrigerators online. If you do enough research & know what you want, you won't be disappointed.

Hey, if I've got an on-street, legal parking space in my cramped Boston neighborhood of 2 sq mi with 4-times the amount of cars as people, I'm not loosing it for anything. If I want a potato chip, I fire up the harddrive & only actually "go shopping" once a week when I need to move my car for alternate side street cleaning. Why have a car, you ask? Everything I need to do is outside of Boston.

Re: ink cartridges, I use Lasermonks.com. They are real monks who do charity work, including sponsoring HIV children's camps. I have 3 printers & some cartridges are $18-23+ at Office Max. On lasermonks, they are $6-7. They are compatible, not name brand, but I've had supurb quality & can't tell the difference in the 2-3 years I've been purchasing from them. They now even have their own brand of coffee (no decaf, as of yet) & cocoa, for those interested. Haven't tried it, but if someone has, I'd love feedback on the coffee.

Perhaps we should start a thread of bargain websites, that we can add to as we have new finds? It would be easier all in one post, yeah?

Have fun... VV

Old 06-05-2007, 09:54 AM
j33

4,625 posts, read 12,957,727 times
I use peapod for groceries all the time as I live over a mile away from the grocery store and don't really like schlepping all that stuff home (I don't have a car).

In fact, I'll probably put in an order today and they'll deliver it before I go to work on Thursday, it is a wonderful, wonderful thing (especially since my local grocery store is notoriously unreliable when it comes to keeping their shelves properly stocked).

Old 06-05-2007, 01:38 PM

13,599 posts, read 21,943,684 times
Love my ebay, haven't bought anything for a few months though because it is ridiculous what some people want for shipping..I did every bit of my christmas shopping on the internt, even from the locall stores.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:06 PM

1,508 posts, read 5,511,409 times
Default EBay Bad

Ebay bad. Recently had a bad expereince with a seller. She was such a snot & took days to reply to email. Long story still not over yet.

I want to say that I'll never order on ebay again, but I do order cheap vitamins & protein bars online monthly. Other than that, I'll get off my butt and march into that retail store.

IMO: Some of those Ebayers can be downright rude/snide (remember the Computer Guy skit on SNL?)

Old 06-05-2007, 10:22 PM

2,267 posts, read 2,592,952 times
I was browsing around Amazon the other day and found that they sell alot of food as well.

I have some strange allergies so I eat some organic foods and they have an amazing selection available. I haven't ordered anything yet but its nice to know its there if I need to.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:41 PM

28,623 posts, read 40,604,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
Ebay bad. Recently had a bad expereince with a seller. She was such a snot & took days to reply to email. Long story still not over yet.

I want to say that I'll never order on ebay again, but I do order cheap vitamins & protein bars online monthly. Other than that, I'll get off my butt and march into that retail store.

IMO: Some of those Ebayers can be downright rude/snide (remember the Computer Guy skit on SNL?)
eBay and electronics, especially computers. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!

Did I remember to say NO!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products