U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 05:07 PM

2,639 posts, read 6,072,750 times

Advertisements

I always buy CDs, DVDs and games online but books however not so much. I do occasionally if I know what I'm looking for but you can have a good browse in a bookstore in a way that you can't on a website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 05:31 PM

1,888 posts, read 7,214,670 times
Yes I purchase online and have been for the past 10 years. My first purchase (when I was new to the 'net) was on a now defunct website called beauty jungle-- I bought a Philosophy gift set of mini shower gels. I was also a regular customer of the original Etoys website. They went out of business and then reformed again (somehow). Funny thing about it, is that back then most people didn't pay much attention to security and internet fraud. Boy was I lucky- I didnt have any problems but over the years I've become a much smarter shopper. I consider myself a seasoned online shopper and I definitely browse the clearance sections and combine them with online discount codes before I checkout.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:40 PM

28,607 posts, read 40,588,688 times
I buy a lot of computer hardware and software. If I'm not finding it at a good price locally (or just can't find it) I go to newegg.com. Done a ton of business with them, always satisfied.

Some amazon.com, JC Penney, airline flights, Luxor, Hertz, magellans,etc. Never had a problem.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:56 PM

265 posts, read 615,522 times
I tried to purchase a shirt on line with Amazon. I really spent time examining the shirt with the " close ups " but when it came, it was not what I wanted and I felt it was misrepresented in the photo.
It cost me nearly $ 14.00 for S & H. ( coming to me and mailing it back ) Port authority wouldn't give me any or all of the $14, as they claimed that all the info for the shirt was there for me to read and it was my tough luck.
And port authority has some rude people answering the phone.
So I won't be buying clothes from Amazon or port authority again.
QVC has always been good to me though.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:52 AM

52,151 posts, read 30,211,231 times
I rarely buy stuff online. In the last 10 years, I've only made 2 online purchases.

I am one of those people who prefers to walk into a store, pay for the item and walk out with it, and not have to wait a while for it to ship. I want to feel and touch every item I buy to see exactly what I'm paying for.

The only purchases I make online are hotel and rental car reservations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products