U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2010, 07:33 AM

7,629 posts, read 14,560,979 times

Advertisements

For those of you who, like us, have enjoyed the ability to convert American Express Air Miles to our SW Rapid Reward account, we have discovered that they are NO LONGER one of the American Express Rewards partners as of
1 Jul 2010.

Southwest Airlines - Rapid Rewards Preferred Partners - American Express (http://www.swabiz.com/rapid_rewards/amex.html - broken link)

NO announcement from AMX on this, it was only when I went to convert some points from the AMX acct that I saw a simple, one line statement and had to investigate to find out.

Wanted to give you folks who are interested a heads up so you can convert any points you might want to before the cut off of 1 Jul. We normally would allow our points to sit and add up in the AMX acct and only convert them as needed since once they are in your Frequent Flyer acct you only have a year to use that credit.

We have enjoyed our AMX card for years, but one of the reasons we were willing to pay the annual fee was because we do a LOT of free flying off of those points...I am seriously considering not renewing this summer as that was one of our main carriers for point conversion.

Good news is I just got my SW Visa card and they gave me 30K free miles after the first charge, and it is only $50 per yr, which is MORE than reasonable given the free flights we garner by using our card for all purchases and then just writing one check at the end of the month to pay it all in full.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 04:29 PM

30,582 posts, read 28,254,676 times
I need to check on my Southwest Air rapid rewards with the Visa credit card to see if they are discontinuing that service as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products