U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 10:05 PM

7,252 posts, read 11,391,048 times

Advertisements

We bought our DD a great laptop for Christmas from Radio Shack at a good deal. We bought for our son from Staples.

I go out of my way NOT to buy anything from Best Buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 04:30 PM

4,023 posts, read 4,786,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
Thanks, ended up going to Best Buy.. Don't have a Fry's where I'm located.

just didn't realize there weren't any electronic stores around...guess Circuit City was their only competitor- and they are gone now!
Best Buy has some good choices.....hard to pin a techie down at times, but they are well-informed...... I am sure you made a good choice! Congrats on your new puter! So much to learn and exasperating at times, but always fun to have a new, more powerful one!

Yep, Circuit bit the dust a year or so ago.....maybe longer. During their last season, I bought my girl a very nice digital camera for Xmas.....the guy tried to talk me into their insurance (it's not really called insurance, but can't think of the term right now), in case the lens got scratched or whatever.....was so glad that I didn't buy it....would have nowhere to turn now in case it did indeed get damaged....bye bye money..

Old 03-25-2010, 09:43 PM

2,653 posts, read 4,774,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
We bought our DD a great laptop for Christmas from Radio Shack at a good deal. We bought for our son from Staples.

I go out of my way NOT to buy anything from Best Buy.
Ditto. I avoid Worst Buy like the plague.

I try to go to Fry's at off hours so I can get advice or I buy tech/electronics online or at Costco.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:26 AM

40 posts, read 79,851 times
It really depends on your budget.

You can build a custom Dell online at Dell.com and not actually have to shop around and be sold by salesman on something you're not actually looking for.
I love Dells. Particularly the high end Inspiron's and XPS's.

I can also vouch for Toshiba Satellite Laptops. That's some serious machinery there. I love the keyboards, processing power and all the bells and whistles that Toshiba brings to the laptop game.

Do some research online, become informed and gain leverage. If you find a store with a great deal on a laptop with the specs you're seeking then either visit the brick and mortar or even better order right off the website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products