Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 08:21 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise View Post
When you buy off a person, you have less rights, regardless of what the E Bay terms and conditions are, there will always be people acting like this, especially during a recession. Its all about "Sold as seen".

Ask yourself, OP, what makes you think that YOU deserve good service? Stuff happens, stop griping and get on with it. Stop being a stresshead.
Why do I deserve good service?

Because when you bid on Ebay, you are entering into a contract, and whatever the Seller describes as the condition of the item he is selling, or the shipping, or any other detail, is part of a contract. That means the Seller has responsibilities just as the Buyer has the responsibility to pay in a timely manner.

I have received items over the years that I was disappointed with, but I didn't leave negative feedback. I just didn't leave any feedback at all. I got a jacket in this week that has evidently shrunk, but since I didn't ask for the measurements, and the listing did not state anything about measurements, I won't leave negative feedback. MY BAD FOR NOT ASKING.

However, when someone describes an item as "like new condition" or "excellent condition" and then it comes in with problems . . . then that was misrepresentation on the Seller's part. However, if I got the item for $1.99 plus reasonable shipping . . . I am not gonna say a word - it just isn't worth it.

Last edited by brokensky; 04-14-2010 at 08:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 08:32 PM

Well, here is my report. I received the jacket and skirt. After all this silliness w/ the Seller, I really wasn't surprised to find that there were two grease stains on the skirt - both about the size of a quarter. And I swear - the woman was angry so she ripped all the buttons off the skirt - except one - and no replacement buttons sewn on the jacket or skirt, as is common w/ an expensive Jones suit. I could see the HOLES in the fabric where it appeared she had ripped off the buttons. Spiteful!

I was pretty disgusted. I found some spare buttons I had (thank goodness) so will sew them on. We'll just have to see what happens w/ the grease stains.

So not only did I not receive the pants, it appears to me the Seller deliberately got mean-spirited and messed up the skirt.

I checked to see what else the woman has for sale, and she has nothing listed.

She sold someone a Bose system and here is the negative rep he left:

Item was not as described!!!!! SLOW shipping, no tracking #, not very happy

So it appears I am not the only one . . . since she has no other items listed, I kinda think she is out of business, lol. Her positive feedback is 83.3%.

I have not left any rep yet b/c I wanted to think about it and be fair but with the skirt coming in w/ grease stains and buttons off . . . when it was described as "like new condition" . . . I believe I am gonna leave the negative rep.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:05 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,859,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, here is my report. I received the jacket and skirt. After all this silliness w/ the Seller, I really wasn't surprised to find that there were two grease stains on the skirt - both about the size of a quarter. And I swear - the woman was angry so she ripped all the buttons off the skirt - except one - and no replacement buttons sewn on the jacket or skirt, as is common w/ an expensive Jones suit. I could see the HOLES in the fabric where it appeared she had ripped off the buttons. Spiteful!

I was pretty disgusted. I found some spare buttons I had (thank goodness) so will sew them on. We'll just have to see what happens w/ the grease stains.

So not only did I not receive the pants, it appears to me the Seller deliberately got mean-spirited and messed up the skirt.

I checked to see what else the woman has for sale, and she has nothing listed.

She sold someone a Bose system and here is the negative rep he left:

Item was not as described!!!!! SLOW shipping, no tracking #, not very happy

So it appears I am not the only one . . . since she has no other items listed, I kinda think she is out of business, lol. Her positive feedback is 83.3%.

I have not left any rep yet b/c I wanted to think about it and be fair but with the skirt coming in w/ grease stains and buttons off . . . when it was described as "like new condition" . . . I believe I am gonna leave the negative rep.
I would have complained to the seller and if they wouldn't make good on it, filed with pp for a refund for not as described.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:42 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misplaced1 View Post
I would have complained to the seller and if they wouldn't make good on it, filed with pp for a refund for not as described.
Agree in theory but you have to send back and in most cases, it's on your own dime.
On inexpensive buys it's not always worth it.
With a seller this new, the negs should get or keep her out of business.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:48 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
File a complaint with PayPal as "item not as described." You have all the proof, plus she changed the listling, and they'll rule in your favor. Send it back with delivery confirmation, because PayPal will ask for that. If you use PayPal shipping, it will only cost $.19 for delivery confirmation.

I use PayPal postage all the time, for an event mailing list that I maintain for a friend, and if you know how to use it (it's easy!), it's the way to do. If you don't know how to use it, DM me, and I'll tell you how.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:08 PM

I already sewed the button on and sent the skirt to the cleaners to get the grease spots out. Postage was about $10.53 I think (or maybe a bit more) as it shipped from Hawaii. Just not worth the hassle.

I wanted to stop the transaction BEFORE I got into all this, once I found out the pants were not coming with the jacket and skirt.

Had the woman been willing to even discuss the situation (she would not answer my first 2 emails), I would have been willing to pay her re-list fees and just call the whole thing even, since it would have been better for me to spend the few dollars to do that than pay for postage on an item that I just had a feeling was not going to come in as advertised/described. She added the retraction (about the pants) after I had bid, but before the auction ended, so even tho I didn't think it was fair, had she been at all willing to discuss things I would have said - my bad for not reading the added info-paid her relisting fees and called it even. She was angry b/c she didn't get more bids and if she had been thinking, she could have re-listed it and put a minimum price on it and possibly made more money off the 2 pieces. So she just blew it all the way around by being impossible to deal with.

She should not be selling on Ebay and I think adding the negative rep should take care of that.

I have not bid on another item since without asking questions! And I keep looking to make sure the Seller hasn't changed the listing since I bid . . . maybe I should have been doing that all along, but I have never had someone do that before, so I guess I just never really thought about it.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,081 times
I bought from this girl... "DESIREE SANDERS" ( ebay seller id : desireemarie1111 ) an ebay seller that won her complaint case!!!

ANYONE knows how to change good feedback to bad feedback????PLEASE!!!!!!

the story : Well I bought this used pink purse from her... representing as a marked HOBO... IT WAS FAKE!!!!! so then I said to myself: what the heck! it still look good so i'll rock the style anyway!
I went to give good feedback cause I read the description of the item specifying that it was HOBO style!
HOBO style.... playing with words like that.... I got caught! so i still left good comment, my bad I guess!

But then not even 12 hours later the purse fake pink leather started to shed.... YES SHED!!!!! then 24h later i contacted the seller telling her what happen to the purse. She responded that I badly used the purse... HEY I work in an office all day so the purse just sit there all day!!!!

I decided to bring things to paypal... where after debating over days, she won and she didn't have to pay me back.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR this person is actually selling more stuff on ebay and other people will get fooled so anyone reading this... don't trust Desiree Sanders, ebay seller desireemarie1111, SHE'S A SCAM!!!!!

Desiree Sanders is A SCAM!!!!
desireemarie1111 is A SCAM!!!!!

NEVER BUY FROM HER!!!!!!! better for your wallet my friend

Old 08-19-2011, 01:59 PM

1,378 posts, read 4,362,804 times
Had I been the original poster, I'd have never paid for anything. I'd have said "The description changed after I placed my bid. I do not wish to pay this price when I'm getting less than what I originally thought. I'm sorry, but I do not want this item."

If she complained, I'd tell e-bay and PayPal what the deal was. One neg rep as a buyer isn't the end of the world.

Old 12-15-2013, 01:41 AM

3 posts, read 2,432 times
I've been a eBay seller and buyer for years. There is no way she added the note after you bid. Once a bid is place its locked you can no longer revise or change anything. Secondly sellers can't leave buyers badfeedback that's why you have all positive.. .sadly because in this case I think the buyer is the one in wrong. Thirdly if you don't like the shipping price don't bid it is part of the price which remind you eBay takes a percent from also. I do not think there is a problem with sellers on eBay.. I think there's a problem with buyers wanting something for nothing and abusing the system and trashing the sellers...eBay has very strict rules your not allowed bad feedback at all unless your numbers can handle it...and I mean positive has to be way up there...its not logical for sellers to do buyers wrong knowing how much it can hurt them

Last edited by Tinadiane; 12-15-2013 at 01:46 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-15-2013, 01:59 AM

3 posts, read 2,432 times
One negative out of 500 positive can hurt u and result in account restricted permanently..sellers are not out to screw the buyers...they learn they can't very fast if they want to continue to sell..sellers are forced to eat crap from fraud buyers...and there's tons of em on eBay...sellers are dropping off like flys because of this...super sick of eating crap from buyers..plus no profit bids are extremely low..and forced to give away items to maintain feedback ..buyers abusing system not the sellers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products