U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2010, 10:25 AM

12,054 posts, read 20,517,852 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where these can be purchased. I am looking for the actual size ship that is used as a water playground in many Caribbean resorts. They are usually in easy swimming distance of the resort. I have looked on many sites, including resorts, but I am not finding anything that has the slides, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 06:54 PM

19,140 posts, read 19,984,056 times
Why settle for a replica when you can have the original Black Pearl?

Pirate Ship For Sale

Old 04-22-2010, 08:59 AM

Can't afford it, unfortunately. Actually, this is a class project. My students work for a fictional new resort located on an island off of Key West. This was an activities option for children. Students have a budget of up to 1.5M for all of the watercraft. We did find something for 550K on yachtcouncil.com, but I was hoping to find something like you might find at a Caribbean resort. Thanks for responding and I will let them take a look online.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:31 PM

30 posts, read 55,661 times
You should actually contact the resorts themselves. I'm sure because it's an academic project, they'll gladly tell you how much it cost and all the other details. For some reason, I have a strong feeling that they're all custom projects, as I don't think a resort will like the fact that another resort can purchase the same item.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica88 View Post
You should actually contact the resorts themselves. I'm sure because it's an academic project, they'll gladly tell you how much it cost and all the other details. For some reason, I have a strong feeling that they're all custom projects, as I don't think a resort will like the fact that another resort can purchase the same item.
We have done the reseach and I agree that the resorts have these done to spec. Kids are having fun with what we are finding online so I think we are good. I appreciate the response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products