U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-18-2010, 04:19 PM
 
25,629 posts, read 30,977,894 times
Reputation: 23131

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Here's the deal:

I called to get a price on tires this AM for my daughter's car. Over the phone, I was quoted $200.

My daughter got to the tire place and there was a lady at the counter. The lady brought the man to the front who quoted me. She asked him how much and he said $100. My daughter dropped her car off and paid for the tires.

About 5 minutes after she dropped her car off, the tire place was calling. They were calling to tell her they made a mistake on the price and it's supposed to be $200.

Here's my perspective on it. I realize they made a mistake, but if that was what they told her when she got there and what was paid for, they should honor it. After arguing with them for an hour and speaking to the owner on the phone, he would only give $30 off the $200.

I think this is wrong. I think they should honor the price she paid before she left. What do you think?
I think your way out of line. Your lucky you got $30.00 off. I would have sent you packing with nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-19-2010, 09:37 AM
 
8,648 posts, read 15,473,641 times
Reputation: 4573
At least you weren't quoted $200 and the bill was $275 because of the add ons you did not know about... They like to hide those little things until you pay the bill time...LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2010, 02:03 AM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,663 posts, read 75,396,305 times
Reputation: 36176
What is still not clear is this: Did they quote you the wrong per-tire price, or did they mistakenly quote you a price for the wrong number of tires?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2010, 04:44 AM
 
Location: Ohio
2,178 posts, read 8,198,180 times
Reputation: 3923
If you got 4 new tires for $200.00 you are lucky. That is cheap.
Did you expect them to almost give the tires away for $100.00.
Obviously that was a mistake.
The quote on the phone was a very good price and should have been acceptable.
To complain is going beyond the extreme.
If you deposited a check in your bank for $200.00 but made a mistake and made the deposit slip out for $100.00 would you expect the bank to only credit you for $100.00 and be pleased about that? Would you tell them "yes the check is for $200.00 but I only wrote $100.00 on the slip so that is how I want you to enter it"?
I don't think so.
You are being totaly unfair and I would have ask you to take your business elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2010, 09:05 AM
 
Location: Asheville, NC
11,972 posts, read 27,301,409 times
Reputation: 4672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
If you got 4 new tires for $200.00 you are lucky. That is cheap.
Did you expect them to almost give the tires away for $100.00.
Obviously that was a mistake.
The quote on the phone was a very good price and should have been acceptable.
To complain is going beyond the extreme.
If you deposited a check in your bank for $200.00 but made a mistake and made the deposit slip out for $100.00 would you expect the bank to only credit you for $100.00 and be pleased about that? Would you tell them "yes the check is for $200.00 but I only wrote $100.00 on the slip so that is how I want you to enter it"?
I don't think so.
You are being totaly unfair and I would have ask you to take your business elsewhere.
FYI, they were almost new tires (used). Although, that doesn't matter. I think the bank example is a different situation. No, I would not want that to happen. I think it's just the point, if they made a mistake, they should've taken responsibility for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2010, 11:03 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
5,142 posts, read 11,619,217 times
Reputation: 2506
My take on it: Just don't go there anymore. First $200, then $100 when you get there. It gets confusing, which is it? Argh! Enough to drive me crazy just reading about it! I think it's slimy; left hand doesn't know what the right is doing and just looks like the business doesn't have it together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Asheville, NC
11,972 posts, read 27,301,409 times
Reputation: 4672
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
My take on it: Just don't go there anymore. First $200, then $100 when you get there. It gets confusing, which is it? Argh! Enough to drive me crazy just reading about it! I think it's slimy; left hand doesn't know what the right is doing and just looks like the business doesn't have it together.
Finally, somebody that sees my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 03:23 PM
 
16,308 posts, read 25,270,527 times
Reputation: 8302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Honest mistake...no different then hitting the wrong key on a keyboard...hiting the wrong button on there cash register...wrong deposit number $$$ at a bank deposit.

That is why GOD invented the eraser.
The eraser like god is an invention of man alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2010, 10:48 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 85,116,437 times
Reputation: 18083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Honest mistake...no different then hitting the wrong key on a keyboard...hiting the wrong button on there cash register...wrong deposit number $$$ at a bank deposit.

That is why GOD invented the eraser.
Yep homest mistake and as long as the service was not done then they wre very nice to offer the 30 dollars discount for that mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:43 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top