U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 02:40 PM

2,081 posts, read 2,581,295 times

Advertisements

Actually will probably buy it at Sears without hesitation. Have purchased several appliances from the and the sales and delivery was excellent. Most recent purchase was a washer and dryer. Sales was very helpful, delivery was very accommodating, and I was completely satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Whatever you do don't buy it at Sears. I bought a dishwasher from them last month and it has been a nightmare. They delivered a damaged one and I had to wait a week for them to deliver another. They also did not haul away my old one but still charged me for the haul-away.

Went through executive customer service and got my delivery & haul away fee refunded plus half price installation. I thought "now we're getting somewhere." Wrong. The installer showed and refused to perform the install stating that I needed a plumber to "change" the location of my plumbing. I called a plumber who has done work for me before and he installed it without moving any lines for $80, but Sears is refusing to refund my installation fee even though they did not perform the service. They STINK. Also if you complain to the BBB about them customer service will refuse to speak to you. That's right!

Buy from anywhere but Sears. That is my feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 08:33 PM

24,337 posts, read 33,586,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Actually will probably buy it at Sears without hesitation. Have purchased several appliances from the and the sales and delivery was excellent. Most recent purchase was a washer and dryer. Sales was very helpful, delivery was very accommodating, and I was completely satisfied.

Yeah...if you had asked me about Sears BEFORE the dishwasher I would have said the same thing. I bought a washer, a dryer, and a fridge at Sears over the last 3 years and had no problems.

However given what they have put me through I will never ever shop there again and I strongly urge others to stay away from Sears. If, god forbid, something goes wrong, you will get screwed as badly as I did. Oh, and this has been going on for over a month now with no resolution. The manager of the store where I bought the dishwasher even said, and I quote, "so what?" when I complained to him about being charged a haul-away fee when nobody had hauled anything away. Their "blue ribbon" customer service does not return phone calls and have dragged their feet about doing anything about this situation and now that there is a pending BBB complaint which is bouncing back and forth between Sears and myself (they keep wanting it closed and I keep refusing to close it because they REFUSE to refund me the $65 that they STOLE from me), customer service won't even talk to me citing the BBB complaint. The last time I spoke to them, they said "You dug your own grave, deal with the BBB now." Direct quote.

Best of luck. If anything goes wrong you will surely need it. Oh, and I am not the only person I know in this area who has experienced this level of "service" at Sears. Or who has been ripped off by their installers, or who was almost charged twice for a delivery when the first appliance that was delivered was faulty. I had to yell at customer service to get them to NOT charge me twice. RIDICULOUS.

But hey, don't listen to me. Experience it for yourself.

Last edited by BigDGeek; 05-21-2010 at 08:41 PM..

Old 05-22-2010, 06:14 AM

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

Interested in feedback in the following models....anyone own these that can provide some helpful comments:

MVWB750W
MVWB450WQ
MVWB750WQ
MVWB750WR
MVWB300W

Quote:

Yeah...if you had asked me about Sears BEFORE the dishwasher I would have said the same thing. I bought a washer, a dryer, and a fridge at Sears over the last 3 years and had no problems.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:23 AM

24,337 posts, read 33,586,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

Interested in feedback in the following models....anyone own these that can provide some helpful comments:

MVWB750W
MVWB450WQ
MVWB750WQ
MVWB750WR
MVWB300W
Just FYI the 750W, 750WQ and 750WR are the same model but in different finishes/colors.

Try googling those model numbers.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:49 PM

Yes, that is correct, however I figured some would only recognize their specific model.

Quote:
Just FYI the 750W, 750WQ and 750WR are the same model but in different finishes/colors.

Try googling those model numbers.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:08 AM

Anyone else using either of the following:

MVWB750W
MVWB450WQ
MVWB750WQ
MVWB750WR
MVWB300W

Old 06-04-2010, 08:33 AM

3,627 posts, read 12,995,081 times
Whatever you buy LG does NOT stand behind their products
2.5 year old $800 washer needs $300 repair due to defective part and they do not care one bit.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:33 PM

19,899 posts, read 16,141,963 times
I feel that the Samsung and L.G. are some of the best out there, i recently did a search, and those are the 2 that kept coming up. You can talk about MAYTAG, i think they are JUNK, had more problems with Maytag then any other WASHER DRYER SET WE HAVE OWNED. Whirpool is pretty good, and some of the GE MODELS. But my new set will be a Samsung!

Old 06-11-2010, 12:12 AM

30,582 posts, read 28,254,676 times
We bought a Kenmore Elite Oasis washer and dryer about a year and a half ago and it has issues. The washer is a top loader which my wife wanted after years of issues with the front loader, and she's found that the controlled program settings just aren't washing things the way that she would like it to.

The drying has been failing to dry all similar items equally. As an example, a load of towels some would be dry others continue to be wet.

She hates the units and we're looking for something else. We've had it with Maytag and Kenmore products. She's thinking also of a Samsung or LG.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:36 PM

990 posts, read 1,546,399 times
I bought the MVWB300 a few months ago. So far I'm happy with it.
I did a lot of research before I picked it, but the clinchers were a couple of conversations I had. I had called a repair service about possibly fixing my old washer. The guy's wife, who answers the phone and does the clerical work, told me they used to sell washers, but got out of the business recently since her husband is now semi retired. She was in charge of their sales department. She told me under no circumstances to buy an LG washer. She said their models have been having an unusually large amounts of breakdowns, and that it was very hard to find people to repair them, the same could be said for most of the higher end name brands like Bosch. Repair people have to go to schools to train to repair the new models, and many of them just don't want to be bothered anymore. It takes a lot of their time and money to do so. Have you noticed how fast they all come out with new models? She says that's one reason you have to wait so long to get your appliance repaired. A large company may have only one guy who knows how to fix your particular model.
She did recommend the Maytag Bravos. Maytag's reputation had slid downhill over the last 10-15 years or so, but there has been a concentrated effort to bring the quality and reputation back up to their old levels using the Bravos brand.
Another conversation was with the salesman at Sears. I had been chatting with him, telling him what I had learned and he started spouting more info like a fountain. He told me a couple of their salespeople had also advised customers against the LG washer. Although he was obliged to push the Kenmores a little, he did think the Bravos was probably a better, safer choice. He said that maytag initially had several problems with the Bravos when they first introduced it, like tying clothes into knots, but that they spent a lot of money and time getting all the kinks out of the machines, and they were working out very well. Never buy the latest model appliance, he said, it's not really tested, and you never know what kind of problems you'll run into. The Bravos 300 has been time tested by now.
He also stressed that it was important I read the manual and use the guidelines about how to load it and using the proper detergent. He said a higher sudsing detergent can cause these machines to breakdown, and breakdowns caused by high sudsing detergents are not covered under the warranty. Any detergent labeled HE is ok. of course, the week before my old washer broke I bought detergent on a buy one get one free sale, although I still had half a jug. I'm waiting for my daughter to come up so I can give her my extra detergent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products