Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 05:00 AM

7,457 posts, read 7,067,230 times

Advertisements

Can you elaborate on how they "just aren't washing things the way that she would like it to"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
We bought a Kenmore Elite Oasis washer and dryer about a year and a half ago and it has issues. The washer is a top loader which my wife wanted after years of issues with the front loader, and she's found that the controlled program settings just aren't washing things the way that she would like it to.

Is she using the right setting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
The drying has been failing to dry all similar items equally. As an example, a load of towels some would be dry others continue to be wet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 04:39 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,623,272 times
I have older Maytags washer and Drier and can only pass on what my appliance man said. The new maytags are not THE washer like they use to be. He has been in the business for 40 years and says there are so many made by the same makers ;and using the same basic suppliers it hard to say whch is best.I bouhgt maytag appliance for a kitchen about 10 eyars ago and they were junk as far as assembly was concerned. All either had to be return out of the crate or reqired service to be used. The repair was often something not correctly connected at the factory.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:18 PM

My Kenmore Elite Oasis washer and dryer have been flawless.

Was just debating on going with the same thing again or the Maytag White 4.7 cu. ft. Top-Load Super Capacity Plus Washing Machine (MVWB300W).

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I have older Maytags washer and Drier and can only pass on what my appliance man said. The new maytags are not THE washer like they use to be. He has been in the business for 40 years and says there are so many made by the same makers ;and using the same basic suppliers it hard to say whch is best.I bouhgt maytag appliance for a kitchen about 10 eyars ago and they were junk as far as assembly was concerned. All either had to be return out of the crate or reqired service to be used. The repair was often something not correctly connected at the factory.

Old 06-04-2016, 02:39 PM

645 posts, read 703,148 times
I got kenmore elite washer, it got 3 beeps when I press start, but when I press again it's fine, wash seems fine...what's wrong? is it the themistor? if that's it I can still use it right? only cold wash cold rinse or need to replace it asap? thanks

Old 06-09-2016, 04:45 PM

23,709 posts, read 30,637,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVguy View Post
I got kenmore elite washer, it got 3 beeps when I press start, but when I press again it's fine, wash seems fine...what's wrong? is it the thermistor? if that's it I can still use it right? only cold wash cold rinse or need to replace it asap? thanks
It's a faulty user interface or the door locking mechanism is faulty. It'll get to a point where it won't start at all. You may want to start looking for a replacement or spending a few hundred dollars to repair.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:02 PM

645 posts, read 703,148 times
I googled it says it's the thermistor, it's not it?

I leave the door open all the time maybe dirt or it's old so it thinks door is open? hope that's it but if not prolly need a new one huh?

Old 06-09-2016, 05:35 PM

23,709 posts, read 30,637,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVguy View Post
I googled it says it's the thermistor, it's not it?

I leave the door open all the time maybe dirt or it's old so it thinks door is open? hope that's it but if not prolly need a new one huh?
You may want to research it again as you're getting the links to the Dryer and not the Washer. For some stupid reason nearly every manufacturer does not use the same error codes for Washers and Dryers.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:35 AM

61,399 posts, read 86,357,901 times
Front washers in the US have still many problems. I guess, they didn't master it yet.
This you need to know:
http://www.washersettlement.com/pdf/...her_Models.pdf
Frequently Asked Questions

Old 07-07-2016, 11:48 AM

Sorry, but that info is a bit obsolete as the referenced washers were 6 to closer to 15 years ago when manufactured.

That is like saying not recommending a 2016/17 car that the 2000 model year had a recall.

[quote=elnina;44675262]Front washers in the US have still many problems. I guess, they didn't master it yet.
This you need to know.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:50 PM

295 posts, read 336,677 times
A few months ago I bought this Kenmore front load washer. It was a lower end model to the one I bought about 7 years prior when I originally moved into my home. It had been a great washer. But it was finally time to buy another. The only difference was this one has fewer bells and whistles. To be honest I don't notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products