U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 01:06 AM

21,542 posts, read 24,687,201 times

Advertisements

Product: Reebok Men´s "Comfort Deluxe" Walking Shoe<br><font color=#4B4BC8>EXTENDED SIZES!</font>

Best $40 you'll ever spend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 03:05 AM

6,043 posts, read 13,302,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachslunch View Post
For the past few years, I have been searching in vain for a pair of comfortable, good quality black leather walking shoes. They need to be leather, black, not obviously dressy (such as wing-tips) but something that can pass for dress shoes if need be.
You've probably found your shoes by now, and I haven't read through this whole thread so I apologize if I'm repeating someone else's suggestion... but I was on this same quest recently and discovered Clark's Un.structured line of shoes! They are the first shoes I've ever worn that feel like I'm not even wearing any shoes. Actually... that's not right. It's better than barefoot because they do offer really good support and they are cushiony and soft and wonderful.

They even have an air circulation system built in. I have a problem with my feet always getting really hot, which is why even in winter I've always been more comfortable wearing sandals. But these shoes are awesome.

The leather that touches your feet on the inside is also really soft but durable. I believe it's lambskin? I wore them for 8 hours straight without socks the first day and absolutely no blisters at all. Unbelievable. The shoe is so lightweight so when I travel it's great because it doesn't add much weight to the bags. They are a little pricey but so worth it.

They have different styles.... Clarks Un.sage (Black Leather) - Unstructured | Clarks Shoes | Powered by Zappos Development, Inc. and others like this Women's Shoe Collection: Unstructured - Free Shipping | Clarks Shoes | Powered by Zappos Development, Inc. Clarks has a really good reputation for making high quality shoes. I have some Clarks that are of the "artisan" line as well and they took a little time to break in (I wore them with tights and hose for a few weeks first) but now I can wear them without tights or hose and they are super comfy, too. No blisters and my feet feel great. But these "Unstructured" Clarks haven't required any break-in time at all... they are heaven in a shoe right out of the box.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:25 PM

27,236 posts, read 41,856,276 times
Are you thinking of moccasins?

All I can say is in my experience, I bought a pair of Reebok walking shoes for $50, when most shoes were going for $20, and they didn't last as long as the $20 pair. Big waste of money for me. Even today, I'm very hard on shoes because I don't own a car--I walk everywhere I go.

Old 06-20-2010, 03:45 PM

9,409 posts, read 18,232,631 times
I like Johnston & Murphy, they make a good shoe, comfortable, durable, and not terribly expensive for what you're getting. If there is one thing people should not spare any expense on is footwear. You spend hours a day on your feet, they should be comfortable.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:20 PM

10,702 posts, read 9,669,362 times
Default Sas

Like Tek_Freek, SAS are the shoes best for my feet...I no longer have sore feet when I wear them, and at the end of the workday (on my feet a lot!), my feet never feel tired or sore.

However, that being said, everyone's feet are unique and sometimes you just have to try different brands and styles to find what works best for you.

My main problem is the balls of my feet, padding has diminshed with age and I need extra cushioning in that area, plus need shoes that don't have heels more than 1" in height.

Hopefully you've found a pair that works for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or