U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 06:47 PM

677 posts, read 1,455,674 times

Advertisements

Wow, I'm shocked that self checkouts are express lanes only and that the cashiers/baggers are so rude! Guess you'll have to be more demanding about bagging your own groceries, like you said. If they don't listen, yell or something. I honestly cannot believe that people would just ignore you like that. Ugh, how frustrating. Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 07:21 PM

2,065 posts, read 4,239,059 times
Organize your groceries while in the cart. Put them on the belt in the order you want them bagged. Wait for the most delicate items to be way ahead before you put the heavier items, or vice-versa.

State clearly you would like to pack your own bags as soon as the employee starts assisting you, and, if ignored, ask again. You are the customer, and as long as you are asking politely, you have to be heard.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:44 PM

4,557 posts, read 9,853,289 times
Wow. Guess we are lucky here and our baggers are well trained. The only gripe I sometimes have is that they don't always use the insulated bag for frozen things.

They always ask if I want my meat put in a plastic bag first, they always separate out the breads, chips, eggs, etc. And they always ask me how heavy I want them to make the bags.

I would speak to a manager because yours issues are clearly issues regarding poor training.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:53 AM

24,326 posts, read 33,572,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
Organize your groceries while in the cart. Put them on the belt in the order you want them bagged. Wait for the most delicate items to be way ahead before you put the heavier items, or vice-versa.

State clearly you would like to pack your own bags as soon as the employee starts assisting you, and, if ignored, ask again. You are the customer, and as long as you are asking politely, you have to be heard.
Good suggestions but I already do those things and they don't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Wow. Guess we are lucky here and our baggers are well trained. The only gripe I sometimes have is that they don't always use the insulated bag for frozen things.

They always ask if I want my meat put in a plastic bag first, they always separate out the breads, chips, eggs, etc. And they always ask me how heavy I want them to make the bags.

I would speak to a manager because yours issues are clearly issues regarding poor training.
I sent an e-mail to Kroger corporate but I doubt anyone will listen. Next time I'm in there I will definitely speak to the manager. This has got to stop.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:59 AM

9,807 posts, read 13,682,398 times
I am plesed to say I never experienced any of those problems at the Walmart Supercenter where I frequently buy groceries.

Thank you, Walmart.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:03 AM

43,991 posts, read 53,828,965 times
And why doesn't someone teach them not to put raw meats in the same bag with food that's going to be eaten uncooked?

Overall, though, I haven't had any problems with bagging, and I just tell 'em to put the raw meats in their own plastic bag.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:24 AM

43,858 posts, read 45,052,970 times
Many baggers are young kids who really don't know what the big deal is about bagging correctly. If they get it wrong, I rearrange my stuff once I get the bags in the trunk.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Many baggers are young kids who really don't know what the big deal is about bagging correctly. If they get it wrong, I rearrange my stuff once I get the bags in the trunk.
But that shouldn't matter if they are trained properly.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I sent an e-mail to Kroger corporate but I doubt anyone will listen. Next time I'm in there I will definitely speak to the manager. This has got to stop.
Yes, it's something that you really should speak to the store manager about because that seems to be where the training problem is. The good experience I spoke of earlier here - it's at King Soopers (aka, Kroger).

Old 06-06-2010, 03:08 PM

14,140 posts, read 19,297,535 times
I think you should politely suggest to the manager that he or she needs to retrain their baggers .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products