U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-04-2010, 03:08 PM
 
Location: Somewhere in northern Alabama
18,543 posts, read 55,461,975 times
Reputation: 32286

Advertisements

Our local WM store is doing a remodeling - ineptly. It has been going on for a while and the store is in disarray and sections are poorly stocked. I rarely take time to write complaints to corporate with shopping experiences anywhere. I did in this case, and this is the canned response that I got:
Thank you for your inquiry. Our purpose of saving people money so they can live better has never been more relevant. A core part of our culture is to continually look for ways to be more efficient - to operate for less so we can sell for less. In order to align ourselves with the company's three priorities -- growth, leverage and returns - we have announced organizational changes at our Home Office.
In line with our strategy, we have made the difficult decision of eliminating approximately 300 positions in Northwest Arkansas, primarily in the corporate support areas. Taking care of associates affected by these changes remains one of our most important priorities. Each position represents an individual who has been a part of our Walmart team. Everyone who will be leaving the company will be treated with care and respect and we will do everything we can to make the transition as smooth as possible.
Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. For more information regarding our organizational changes, we invite you to visit Walmartstores.com and click on the 'Facts and News' tab.

Sincerely,
Walmart Customer Care
Well isn't THAT special. Sounds like customer care must have been axed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-04-2010, 07:13 PM
 
Location: A Yankee in northeast TN
11,153 posts, read 14,804,476 times
Reputation: 25467
Customer care? At Walmart? Hahahaha...plop!

Wonder what keyword in your complaint triggered that BS response, or do they possibly use that response for all complaints now, regardless of the issue. It doesn't really address anything does it.
I'd be curious to hear if you get a live follow up response from the manager of the store you complained about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 07:16 PM
 
1,804 posts, read 6,358,532 times
Reputation: 1200
That's something. Today's headline on Comcast speaks of how WM is ADDING a ton of jobs. Gotta love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2010, 08:42 AM
 
1,024 posts, read 3,043,569 times
Reputation: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Our local WM store is doing a remodeling - ineptly. It has been going on for a while and the store is in disarray and sections are poorly stocked. I rarely take time to write complaints to corporate with shopping experiences anywhere. I did in this case, and this is the canned response that I got:
Thank you for your inquiry. Our purpose of saving people money so they can live better has never been more relevant. A core part of our culture is to continually look for ways to be more efficient - to operate for less so we can sell for less. In order to align ourselves with the company's three priorities -- growth, leverage and returns - we have announced organizational changes at our Home Office.
In line with our strategy, we have made the difficult decision of eliminating approximately 300 positions in Northwest Arkansas, primarily in the corporate support areas. Taking care of associates affected by these changes remains one of our most important priorities. Each position represents an individual who has been a part of our Walmart team. Everyone who will be leaving the company will be treated with care and respect and we will do everything we can to make the transition as smooth as possible.
Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. For more information regarding our organizational changes, we invite you to visit Walmartstores.com and click on the 'Facts and News' tab.

Sincerely,
Walmart Customer Care
Well isn't THAT special. Sounds like customer care must have been axed.
Remodels usually take 3-4 months to complete... sounds like an excellent opportunity to check out other stores in your area.

They Know that they will be getting complaints during these remodels by people who feel the need to bring up the obvious... "you have to break a few eggs to make an omlette"...

Doing a remodel on a house is the same really... stuff everywhere, material stacks, etc. but when its done it looks really nice. Same with roadwork.

Might sound a little harsh but, your "complaint" is like one grain of sand on a beach. Irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2010, 10:45 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 85,098,321 times
Reputation: 18083
All the wal-marts in my area have been remodeled going on a year. I really like the new look especailly the wide isles.As long as wal-mart keeps their return policies the same easy take it back;no questions;I'll always think that is great customer care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Status: "Enjoying life..." (set 11 days ago)
 
Location: San Antonio/Houston/Tricity
39,906 posts, read 57,726,659 times
Reputation: 93775
I rarely go there since they sell mostly junk that is - yes cheap, but also of very poor quality.
I needed an insect spray, brand name – there is not much what can go wrong with it ( even if made in China – it suppose to kill ).
The store was poorly stocked, shelves with many empty spaces, poor selection, and no “associates” anywhere around. Only two cash registers were open, and customers were standing in long lines.
It will be long till I go there again…:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 05:41 AM
 
Location: The Milky Way Galaxy
2,256 posts, read 6,146,947 times
Reputation: 1516
Ever go to that people of walmart site? Funny stuff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Status: "Enjoying life..." (set 11 days ago)
 
Location: San Antonio/Houston/Tricity
39,906 posts, read 57,726,659 times
Reputation: 93775
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Ever go to that people of walmart site? Funny stuff
Yes - is funny but also very sad. I see people like that. Live. At Wal-Mart more than anywhere else. There must be something with the store ambiance ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 04:30 PM
 
Location: norcal
609 posts, read 1,110,866 times
Reputation: 412
again, i work at walmart. our store is currently going through a remodel, and they're rough on us. i dont want to defend walmart, because im not a proud associate. but i am an associate and the last few months have been outrageous...all the customers act like its my fault that they cant find anything and that we're understocked. we're understocked because we stopped ordering to make room for all the new stuff, and new fixtures and everything. but none of them were complaining when we first started and we marked a TON of merchandise down like 75% off lol. i get that its frustrating for the customers, i totally understand, and i apologize to a lot of them all day long...the nice ones anyway...but if id had it my way, we were fine and id never have to endure another remodel again (this is the second im going through). its not my fault and a lot of people act like it is. since its started i get yelled at everyday...at least twice. there's more beer being consumed and im emotionally drained lol...so...i dont know how relevant this was to your complaint...but i guess i have my own complaints too lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 07:10 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 16,138,132 times
Reputation: 6454
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I rarely go there since they sell mostly junk that is - yes cheap, but also of very poor quality.
I needed an insect spray, brand name – there is not much what can go wrong with it ( even if made in China – it suppose to kill ).
The store was poorly stocked, shelves with many empty spaces, poor selection, and no “associates” anywhere around. Only two cash registers were open, and customers were standing in long lines.
It will be long till I go there again…:
That is not true! Sears, J.C. Penny's K-Mart, and Target, all sell so much of the same thing, things made in China all of them. Tell me one thing not made in China any more, most furniture is all made over seas, and if your happen to find American Furniture, be prepared, to pay a hefty price tag. I happen to go into a Super Wal-mart, that is very huge, clean, and well stocked, very nice employees, and ready to serve you. Tell me please, what is not made in China any more, but to say that only Wal-mart carries items from China is not the truth. Everything has a made in China tag attached.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top