U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 11:13 PM

30,582 posts, read 28,254,676 times

Advertisements

Just wondering is there was a thread for American Made Items? I couldn’t find one but thought it would be a good idea to have one, and people can check to see if there are items that they could buy and use that were made by your neighbors. Please add your own links, names of companies, or comments about products you like.

USA Made Clothing Jeans and Shirts by All American
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 11:52 PM

39,931 posts, read 57,770,652 times
There is still a VERY long list of items made in USA.

http://www.madeinusa.org/

http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/

http://www.americansworking.com/

http://www.usstuff.com/

http://madehereinamerica.com/default.aspx (broken link)

http://www.usab2c.com/

want more links??

Old 06-06-2010, 06:11 PM

Lightbulb Money spent here stays here!

Another way to help keep the American economy going and the money you spend here in this country is to find gifts that you’ll need during the year, birthdays holidays etc. at local arts and crafts fairs in your area. You not only give a nice gift to a family member or friend but you keep someone who made it in your area with an income for their work. Everyone benefits!

Locally we have several arts/crafts fairs during the year, most near Christmas time; but there are others during the spring and summer as well if you look for them. Sometimes the local community chamber of commerce website will have information on dates and places.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:56 AM

378 posts, read 778,693 times
Moderator, please make this thread sticky

Old 06-07-2010, 08:33 AM

43,858 posts, read 45,062,332 times
There should be a special tag hung on every product made in the USA so it is able to be in easy eye view of all store customers. If we continue to encourage and remind others to buy American....we all win... even if the product costs more.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:00 AM

Thumbs up Relish this

Sunshine Specialty Foods

This is one of the local favorite places in the area to buy American made gifts for family and friends or just for me. We found this one at an arts and crafts fair and continue to buy their produces. Although they are local in my area they do ship products to most anywhere in the country.

You can take a simple hotdog and make it explode with flavor, if you have guests over and want to do something different this is it. Relish toppings that can be put onto most anything but cake will change a simple meal into something very different. I love the Sweet & Spicy relish on dogs, or add it to deviled eggs for a change. Also can be put on grilled ribs while they’re cooking and you’ll come up with your own ideas after you try some of these products.

Sweet & Spicy, Sweet & Hot, and Sweet & Tangy are my favorites but there’s something for everyone’s taste. Great to use for your own cooking but also wonderful gift ideas for others.

Link: (http://www.sunshinefoodco.com/relish.php - broken link)
Relish This Vegetable Relish (http://www.sunshinefoodco.com/relish.php - broken link)

I noticed on the website that she now has products being sold in other states as well as ordering online. The lady that owns this business started it in her own kitchen and moved it along the way to what it is today. She’s a member of the Women’s Business Enterprise.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:12 AM

16,646 posts, read 21,307,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Another way to help keep the American economy going and the money you spend here in this country is to find gifts that you’ll need during the year, birthdays holidays etc. at local arts and crafts fairs in your area. You not only give a nice gift to a family member or friend but you keep someone who made it in your area with an income for their work. Everyone benefits!

Locally we have several arts/crafts fairs during the year, most near Christmas time; but there are others during the spring and summer as well if you look for them. Sometimes the local community chamber of commerce website will have information on dates and places.
Great advice!

When I lived in the Denver area I would periodically visit the National Woodcarvers museum near Monument. I would buy various carvings and a good portion of them would be birthday presents and Christmas presents to family and friends.

I have a lot of respect for people who work with their hands, particularly carvings, craft items, etc.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:10 PM

^^ Wood carvings make great gifts but I can’t always find them in my area, except when the larger arts & crafts shows come around, then there’ll be some venders who are here from out of state with great looking items.

I remember years ago while visiting my folks out of state we found a person who made comforters or throws (whatever you call them) and they folded up into itself and became a pillow that could sit on the sofa. When it was needed to cover up and get warm, simply unfold the pillow and you were warm and comfy. When opened it looked like a small quilt. It made a great gift and put money into the pockets of someone living in the area.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:31 PM

14 posts, read 26,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

I agree, Supporting your own products is one way to help boost the economy!

It's not just for America but it is also for everyone around the world!

It is also one way on showing that you are "Proud To Be" what you are!

Old 06-09-2010, 07:20 PM

19,899 posts, read 16,141,963 times
This is very good to know, because all i see is tags with MADE IN CHINA, even in some of the more Elite Stores to shop at, Price tag, does not stop goods from China being in these High Class Stores. Very happy to hear this and know this now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products