Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2007, 11:20 PM

3 posts, read 13,682 times

Advertisements

I am moving down to the Shreveport/Bossier City area in October and was hoping to get some insight on potential areas to live. I have read the info that has been posted on some other areas, but have questions about an area I am looking at. I am a married man looking for a safe place to live with my wife. I don't want to have to worry about my wife at home alone if I am working night shifts or worry about my house getting broken into. I know this stuff can happen anywhere, but I'm sure its much more prevelant in some areas. What can you tell me about the area around Financial plaza and Centre Drive? This is just to the east of the Shreveport airport. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 04:36 PM

3 posts, read 13,682 times
Default Any Help

Does anyone have any information on this location? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Will

Old 08-10-2007, 08:38 PM

76 posts, read 507,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akman View Post
Does anyone have any information on this location? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Will
You don't want to live anywhere near Shreveport regional airport. If safety is your top concern, the only part of Shreveport you should consider living in is southeast Shreveport.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:42 PM
pys

1 posts, read 4,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akman View Post
I am moving down to the Shreveport/Bossier City area in October and was hoping to get some insight on potential areas to live. I have read the info that has been posted on some other areas, but have questions about an area I am looking at. I am a married man looking for a safe place to live with my wife. I don't want to have to worry about my wife at home alone if I am working night shifts or worry about my house getting broken into. I know this stuff can happen anywhere, but I'm sure its much more prevelant in some areas. What can you tell me about the area around Financial plaza and Centre Drive? This is just to the east of the Shreveport airport. Thanks for any help you can provide.
In fact, Although I know there are safe places in Shreveport, I would suggest Bossier City.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:03 AM

7 posts, read 160,857 times
Default I agree

I agree, Bossier city is your best bet, if safety is your concern Shreveport has a very high crime rate. And if you have school age children and don't mind driving a little longer to get to work, there are some really nice areas outside of Bossier City. Like Haughton or Benton they both have really good schools. But if it is just you and your wife, then Bossier City has some really nice areas and is just across the bridge from Shreveport.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:43 AM

134 posts, read 370,560 times
If you are moving from a real city then you should expect what you would from there, just on a much smaller scale. There is crime here but in the 2 years that my husband and I have been livng here we haven't been robbed, raped, bound gagged or anything of the sort. We live in a section of town named Broadmoor, which is located in Southest Shreveport. Right around Youree Drive, which also happens to be one of the major streets here in town. There's alot of retail and dining here. There are homes, condos and apartments here that have a vast aray of prices but most are pretty affordable. I live here and as I mentioned, have never had an issue. My husband is in the airforce and is currently deployed to Iraq, so it is just me and my son. i am the type of person that is deflty afraid when I am alone, but there are times, when I have run up to walmart and left my front door unlocked, the neighborhood is great, neighbors are friendly, and it is very peaceful here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City