Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 12:51 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,083 times

Advertisements

Society over all - Needs to slow down and figure out what is the simple life, and learn to appreciate it.

Nothing can beat what was naturally designed by Gods creation of Man and Woman, " that is the family structure" which has since times produced offsprings by the simplicity of natural process.

Why we have become an age of society who has devised a hate like disregard for the simplicity of Man and Woman as Mates which make up the natural process of family structure.
The world has become crazier, the sense of value for and of life is at one of the lowest points once can image since the days of slavery. When people treated others as "property" and "killed" with disregard for humanity.
Sadly, now that kind of conduct is far too wide spread in the same people who were enslaved and the same enslaved one who were targeted for killing as if they were not regarded as human beings. Today we see too many black young people killing as if it is a lack of regard for the value of what is life. This does not blind eye or neglect to acknowledge the crime of those who sprang from the slave system, because on the flip side, the white socieity which indulged, initiated and embraced this reckless and wild like killing activity, now have among their offspring generations, a great many who kill without second thought, dismembers, abduct and torture and all such crazed things.
Both groups now suffer from - disregard of what is the family unit, both groups produce babies they can't invest the time to raise and teach, both groups now have kids who grow up and become killers of kids and adults alike, in both targeted and random acts.

Now days, people get anguished and their first impulse is to kill someone.
Our society is worst than the killer training video games they are obsessed with; the disrespect for humanity in the rap and rock songs is so common until the vile and violence is now accepted, as if one has become accustom to drinking the posion they create.

Many many broken homes, fatherless home, anguished mother led homes, and families filled with contempt, and we have a mass of homes filled with people who are only a fractional point from being a violence den, all because of their lusting for material things which they may not have access to. Husbands killing wives, Wives killing husbands, people killing the whole family, sometime it's the kids killing the family, sometimes it's the father killing the whole family, sometimes it's the mother killing the whole family.
People chase drugs and drink, rather than to slow down and not be so driven behind measuring self by material things or trying to emulate the fiction seen in movies and commercials. If they simply stop, and realize its more important to enjoy the simple things of life, than it is to be led by all the pomp and pagentry, material and glitz and bling and egocentric attitudes and personalities.
To make matters worst, then we have a mass of people who will push, preach and become anguished in their aims to deny others the right to believe in God.
We have people who let sports teams, make them crazy, with anguish and contempt, when its nothing but a sport and entertainment.

Who knows what it will take to bring change, to any city and any place in the madness making we have turned the world into.

It's a sad world when the most popular shows is about some "Walking Dead", and " some crystal meth dealer" and the vile that surrounds that whole melodrama.
We can't even have a box off hit, unless its based on some mass cycles of murder and mayhem. So we have designed our media to promote the "killer mentality Training Programming, and it runs 24/7, teaching people how to kill one or another and in some cases, how to kill many.

Our News media salivates at the mere hint of their lusting to put a spin on some murderous cycle or mess. they can't want to start flapping their lips and trying to create a drama spin, all so their ego can get the kick from being the first to sit behind the ego makers desk in front of a camera.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 09:15 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerinArk View Post
Education, all education does is educated the criminal, & educated criminals are even worse that ever.

Education is not the answer, the answer is fathers & mothers teaching their children right from wrong.

And a father & mother is a male & a female, that's what every children needs. To many fathers & mothers are not being responsible. They try to be their children friend instead of teaching them about right & wrong.
I'm sorry, but that is one of the silliest things I've ever heard. Education is not the answer, but parental education is?

If you think it's a problem for a family to consist of two males or two females, I'm sorry. I grew up without a father, partly in the Gardere neighborhood of Baton Rouge. I would've gladly taken another parent at that age. Basic education is a serious problem, two parents aren't going to help if the kid stops going to school in 9th grade. School brings social interactions that you learn from, I'm not just talking about books here. Too many aren't being responsible, because they are not educated themselves.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:20 PM

There is not many places without crime. then one has to broaden their mind to truly acknowledge the spectrum of what is crime. Some places with much affluence equally so carry a great deal of crime. Often its down-played and thus white washed away, when truth and fact is, "crime is crime".
Now making distinctions as to what TYPE of crime is a whole matter in an of itself. It may surprise people what the stat's look like when its broken down across the nation's cities and put in the categories which tell the true story about crime.

Not all borderline poor and working poor communities have the high crime, nor is it limited to any ethnic group when crime becomes to consume communities. Again, it matters as to what types of crimes.

Old 07-05-2014, 03:57 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,989,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
There is not many places without crime. then one has to broaden their mind to truly acknowledge the spectrum of what is crime. Some places with much affluence equally so carry a great deal of crime. Often its down-played and thus white washed away, when truth and fact is, "crime is crime".
Now making distinctions as to what TYPE of crime is a whole matter in an of itself. It may surprise people what the stat's look like when its broken down across the nation's cities and put in the categories which tell the true story about crime.

Not all borderline poor and working poor communities have the high crime, nor is it limited to any ethnic group when crime becomes to consume communities. Again, it matters as to what types of crimes.
Murder. I've seen interesting trends. Shreveport is a leader in the region as well.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:34 PM

28 posts, read 50,485 times
Mod cut: Discussing moderator action

Cab plows into West Shreveport apartment building, driver fatally shot

Shreveport seems to be getting to be a very dangerous place. I subscribe to news alerts from its TV stations & its amazing at the number of shootings, armed robbery's, & deaths in that city by being shot. It seems many innocent by standers lose their lives too. Even in the daylight hours.

Last edited by Acntx; 07-06-2014 at 05:13 AM.. Reason: Discussing moderator actions is not allowed in the public forums, per Terms of Service (TOS).

Old 07-05-2014, 05:38 PM

28 posts, read 50,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Murder. I've seen interesting trends. Shreveport is a leader in the region as well.
I tried to help your reputation but it will not let me, so I'm blocked from giving you thanks I suppose because your opinion is about the same as mine.

Last edited by Acntx; 07-06-2014 at 05:20 AM..

Old 07-05-2014, 07:16 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,989,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerinArk View Post
I tried to help your reputation but it will not let me, so I'm blocked from giving you thanks I suppose because your opinion is about the same as mine.

I haven't really concerned myself with it. Thank you though!

Shreveport is actually experiencing less and less violent crime. However, it is still off the charts for a town of its size and relative lack of offset.

Last edited by Acntx; 07-06-2014 at 05:22 AM..

Old 07-06-2014, 07:18 AM

Shreveport need to take a dominant stand- Just as people have the attitude, not to take crazy crime to Bossier ( although it has its own level).. Generally, people have for a long time had the attitude that, you can't take craziness to Bossier, because you will get arrested.

Shreveport, needs to get tough on crime.

Another thing that is pathetic in Shreveport. Whenever you see a shopping areas where poor minorities and poor whites frequent, they have some crazy idea they can use the parking lot as a garbage dump. How is it out council people don't see this and push for some ordinance where the police can ticket people for littering on public parking lots or something. you only see this stupidity in Wal Mart where ever there is a massive population of very poor minorities and very poor whites frequent. You never see parking lots littered where more educated people and people with higher income both minorities and whites. They simply respect their areas enough not to litter the parking lots.

Shreveport would do itself a favor to enact Vagrancy Law and certainly do something about the saggin pants, and pajama bottoms in public.

We need some means to make it very harsh on the people who break in peoples homes, rob business and accost citizens. If we make that a MANDATORY HARSH PENALTY WITH SWIFT ACTIONS. We can began to fix things.

Old 07-06-2014, 07:27 AM

If we expect to have a society in the future that is civil. then we need a mandatory 'STAY IN SCHOOL" or be sent to a farm labor program UNTIL THE AGE OF 18. !!!!!

BY ONE MEANS OR THE OTHER, "INDIVIDUALS WILL LEARN SOMETHING".

Next guideline we need is: Any girl that get's pregnant, cannot get benefits, until she "disclose the name of the father". !!!! If he is not working, then he will be assigned to some public service duty, and a portion of what would go to the girl, is used to pay him for the labor, and that portion is then paid to the girl and her baby.
If he fails to work this program, then he is sent to the Penal Farm, where again what ever he produces which can generate income, goes to the girl and the baby.

For the girl, if she does not do everything she can to try and make the relationship work, then her benefits will get cut. ( none of this stuff of girls just using the boys to make babies so she can get free checks).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City