Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 11:44 PM

601 posts, read 1,075,160 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't say behind, I just think some people are content with a certain way of living and their happy and nothing is wrong with that. As a black man from the state of Mississippi, Delta born and raised, I'll tell you in a heartbeat I'm proud to be from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 12:06 AM

317 posts, read 328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
No, state lines are irrelevant to culture. East Texas is part of the South but the rest of the state has more in common with the SW

This is true, but it's still classified as a southern state. Culturally it's a mix depending where in Texas you are. Whether you are in rural Texas, suburban or urban. East, Central, South, North etc.. It can change a lot. I don't think the other southern states are like that, except Florida. Some people don't even consider Florida a southern state, but it is.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:00 PM

16,507 posts, read 26,285,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta-SSiPP View Post
I wouldn't say behind, I just think some people are content with a certain way of living and their happy and nothing is wrong with that. As a black man from the state of Mississippi, Delta born and raised, I'll tell you in a heartbeat I'm proud to be from there.
Nothing wrong with that, but yes we are behind the times. The delta is the worst. My uncle is born and raised in Hollandale.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Nothing wrong with that, but yes we are behind the times. The delta is the worst. My uncle is born and raised in Hollandale.

The south isn't the only place in America where people are behind the times.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:30 PM

16,507 posts, read 26,285,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbt1766 View Post
The south isn't the only place in America where people are behind the times.
True.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
True.

The Op should of gave an example of places that are progressive then there would be something to compare it to.

Compared to big cities just about all of rural America is behind. If you want to talk about behind check out the people in Alaska that live off the land.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:34 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,880,864 times
Some of the FLDS communes out West are very backwards as well. The Amish up north in PA are backwards too.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:52 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,577,640 times
Freedom....
Freedom of choice
Freedom from taxation
Freedom from idealization
Freedom to live as WE choose
Freedom, It's a great thing if one can enjoy it
without city,county, state and federal regulations trying to control your ever move.
Freedom ... you should try it sometime... if permitted!!!

Old 08-23-2014, 12:12 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litefoot View Post
Freedom....
Freedom of choice
Freedom from taxation
Freedom from idealization
Freedom to live as WE choose
Freedom, It's a great thing if one can enjoy it
without city,county, state and federal regulations trying to control your ever move.
Freedom ... you should try it sometime... if permitted!!!

Freedom is first and foremost a RESPONSIBILITY..
There is no American Freedom without American Government. If anyone thinks they can find a place where they can do as they please to any degree, they'd probably have already moved there.

Government regulation is about stability. there is not and there never will be any Ungoverned place and unregulated place on this earth to afford the options which exist in America. It exist because of Governance and Governmental Regulatory Governance. Thank goodness for it.
We need more Regulatory Governance in many areas of this society.
Banks, Insurance, Medicine and every other field NEEDS REGULATORY GOVERNANCE. As well as communities need it too.

How'd one like to live in a Suburban community area or a downtown area and someone decides to raise pigs or chickens and such in their back yard right next door. How would one like go to the grocery store and not know if the food is safe to purchase and eat. how would people like it if the Street Lights don't come on at night, or that the roadways did not exist. The list is endless as to what benefits we gain from good regulatory governance.

Old 08-23-2014, 12:48 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,382,750 times
Tennessee and Texas are doing fine just thank you. The thing your not realizing is that many people in the mid-west actually migrate all over the nation and they have their specialties as well. As each state

I will admit some people do have problems with traid of thought but that is not everybody

If you do your homework I am sure many people in the last thirty or fourty years from these regions have made great strive. Also about tech. Take the Mercadies Benz ( car etc ) that is outsourced. I know that is far off but the reality is that USA are consumers and while we do have private owned businesses the root of that is public funding. Their is many kinds of industries out their; not just tech and programming.

That is not just the South but the entire nation as a whole. The laws are messed up. The people are damaged in spirit and in song. They are hurting and have to keep moving forward.
Again the problem is services and goods. Why do I or anybody want to live in various areas? Get rid of enough people we create control. Basically they want the place to be empty so the big fish can do whatever they want. Like a fish tank with rocks and pebbles instead of foilage and plants. An easy means of controlling people. Again why should many people who migrated from these areas come back and live? They are lacking the primary skills to make any use of the land???

It was broken back in 2001 SPIRIT OF AMERICA and trampled on earlier this year. It becomes harder and harder to believe in something when you feel that everybody is against you and the greater good of things.

Maybe you can be that investor???

And it will stay that way for the mean time

And you hate no taffic???? Their is a sacrifice for such things

We have the areas adjacent to Mellinimum Studio, East of Common, which could be made into a Downtown Park. But we don't have the mindsets to grasp vision. Yet a park in that location would be near the convention center, the Studio, in the vicinity of the Federal Court building and in close walking distance from Government Plaza.

These are only a few items... I'm sure there are multitudes more. Which can be discussed.

I agree on the idea of preserving property but respect the current owners property
This horror show already occur with "Flag Wars 2003" Again respect peoples rights first.

So it is everywhere else
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City