Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 04:26 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,523,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Oh, I'm well aware, which is why I was very VERY selective about doing business with anyone in that state. Hell, I had to drive 4 hours round trip just to go to someone who had good film and knew how to apply it just to get my windows tinted. Any company based out of Louisiana starts in the negative with me and has to work to neutral and then positive.

Places that I trust in that state:

Glass, Auto, Tint, etc. in Alexandria
Unity Tactical/Advantage Group in South LA
Interstate Guns/Sport Optics in South LA
Chevyland in Shreveport, LA (their service department's customer care/service was second to NONE. Same for the guy I bought my corvette from, Tim)

That's my short list. Those are the companies that I will give business to now that I no-longer live there, and the one's I gave business to while I lived there. Everything else I needed besides oil changes and groceries, I outsourced from elsewhere.
South Louisiana is the total inverse to North LA in economy - family owned, tourism, make a name for yourself is very big here. Shady bastards get shut down fairly quick here usually, unless they are tied in with some political figure or lawyer or something which isn't uncommon. I don't blame you, Shreveport businesses skimped or nickled and dimed me for years.

I liked Nissan in Bossier City though, they made me a fair deal on my Versa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 02:34 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,990,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahfromtheheart View Post
South Louisiana is the total inverse to North LA in economy - family owned, tourism, make a name for yourself is very big here. Shady bastards get shut down fairly quick here usually, unless they are tied in with some political figure or lawyer or something which isn't uncommon. I don't blame you, Shreveport businesses skimped or nickled and dimed me for years.

I liked Nissan in Bossier City though, they made me a fair deal on my Versa.
Nissan in Bossier City has a good sales staff, but their service department couldn't cut it. They ripped me off, took forever to fix my 370Z, and ultimately are why I will never own another Nissan, between their lying service manager, their inability to fix problems in a timely manner, and making me drag Nissan NA into the deal to make sure I didn't get COMPLETELY hosed.

Mistake #1: Scratched my new 370Z down to the fiberglass and when confronted said "You know, them low riding cars..."---I got a free service contract out of that, and went on with life.

Mistake #2: When my rotors were warped, they turned them and sent me on my way...well and good. Solid move...but the issue came back. And back. And back. All with NO pad wear issues, and NO signs of heat. THey conned me into buying aftermarket slotted rotors and Stoptech pads...which warped in less than 500 miles. At this point, I called NNA, and they got involved. Todd, the service manager at the time, lied and told me "I never told you to buy those" (slotted rotors, which he BEGGED me to buy as he thought they would solve the issue). I was pissed about it. Finally, Nissan North America stepped in and had Nissan Orr Bossier buy me new rotors and pads and install them for free. This was after they FINALLY found out the issue...the ****ty rotor design Nissan uses are SUPER torque sensitive, and unless you hand-torque the lug nuts, the hats warp like crazy, get them even warm a few times, and it gets worse and worse and worse.

Here is a video to prove the point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JYxtIuEqeI
^Note the vibration under light braking. Less than 500 miles on those rotors/pads, IIRC.

So begging me to spend $500 on a new car to make it work properly, and then LYING about it...such fail. They obviously trashed my Z1 slotted rotors, so I was out that money, straight up. (All of this took place from 10K odometer miles, to 24,XXX odometer miles, roughly. I traded the car at 32K miles, and it was doing okay except for the excessive noise from the power steering pump. Sounded like a supecharger after I took a few corners...but they said it was normal...riiiight....glad I got out of that car. No more NISSAN for me! Sadly, I got into a Chrysler, and you can guess how that went, but at least the service dept. at Landers Dodge in Bossier took care of me pretty good, I'd take a car to 'em!)

In short? Yeah, I'd buy a car from Tammy again, but I'd take it somewhere else if I wanted the oil changed or the tires rotated.

Like I said, I've done business with many businesses in SBC, and I've got my reasons for not doing so again.

Also, yes, South LA is totally different. It's not near as much of a backwards dump.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:00 AM

Quote:
In short? Yeah, I'd buy a car from Tammy again, but I'd take it somewhere else if I wanted the oil changed or the tires rotated.

Like I said, I've done business with many businesses in SBC, and I've got my reasons for not doing so again.

Also, yes, South LA is totally different. It's not near as much of a backwards dump.
Oh wow, yeah I remember slow times on my car now that you mentioned it, but I just figured it's because I'm a girl. Come to think of it, an oil change doesn't take 45 freaking minutes to get done down here at an oil change place.

The bold is debatable. The cities politicians / boards / depts down here are flat out crooks or lazy as hell instead of religious puppets like y'alls, but at least the state gives us more goodies.

Old 04-12-2015, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Oh wow, yeah I remember slow times on my car now that you mentioned it, but I just figured it's because I'm a girl. Come to think of it, an oil change doesn't take 45 freaking minutes to get done down here at an oil change place.

The bold is debatable. The cities politicians / boards / depts down here are flat out crooks or lazy as hell instead of religious puppets like y'alls, but at least the state gives us more goodies.
I have not run into any religious puppets up here. The area I live in is pretty well balanced by Fayetteville. South LA is just crooked (arguably), but why don't you try to move to the place I lived, Shreveport? Shreveport is like that movie character that you love to hate.

My complaint wasn't oil changes. It was lying, trashing $$$ rotors. Not being able to repair my car. Having to call corporate to get a refund on new parts on a new car that never should have needed them. Etc. etc. etc. 45 minute oil changes are totally normal unless you're the first one there and so on.

Old 04-12-2015, 05:53 AM

Quote:
I have not run into any religious puppets up here. The area I live in is pretty well balanced by Fayetteville. South LA is just crooked (arguably), but why don't you try to move to the place I lived, Shreveport? Shreveport is like that movie character that you love to hate.

My complaint wasn't oil changes. It was lying, trashing $$$ rotors. Not being able to repair my car. Having to call corporate to get a refund on new parts on a new car that never should have needed them. Etc. etc. etc. 45 minute oil changes are totally normal unless you're the first one there and so on.
Oops! I meant Shreveport is ran by religious puppets. And I don't diss on many cities without apology except for that town. Everyone just cares about putting stuff into their own pocket 90% of the time. Not everyone, but you get the picture

Old 04-13-2015, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Oops! I meant Shreveport is ran by religious puppets. And I don't diss on many cities without apology except for that town. Everyone just cares about putting stuff into their own pocket 90% of the time. Not everyone, but you get the picture
Yeah, glad I left. Total dump compared to where I live now.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:49 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,256,356 times
Sad to hear these issues. I attended the Independence Bowl on New Year's Eve 1999 as a senior at the U of Oklahoma when we lost to Ole Miss. Even though the bowl was marketed as a family event, as a 21 year old with a group of 30 or so...we had a great time. Shreveport and the Indy bowl laid out the carpet and kept us all entertained. I still have fond memories of Shreveport because of my experience there. I was sitting on the tank with a spiked drink when the calendar flipped to 2000...hey, I was 21...lol. Anyway, I guess my point is that a lot of people who have never been to Shreveport go because of the bowl and it is great exposure for your city. Hopefully they can fix the sponsorship issues. As far as small bowl games go...it is a good one. I would go again.

Old 05-08-2015, 05:53 AM

21 posts, read 28,632 times
Quote:
South Louisiana is the total inverse to North LA in economy - family owned, tourism, make a name for yourself is very big here.
Tourism and petrochemicals don't make for a diverse economy, and the state government in Baton Rouge isn't a Fortune 500 company, it's a drain on the rest of the state.

Old 05-08-2015, 06:00 AM

21 posts, read 28,632 times
Quote:
Yeah, glad I left. Total dump compared to where I live now.
Yes, and then you'll move again, when Wal-Mart and its clients decide to pack up. Don't pretend that you live there because of the "superior" Arkansas culture!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City