Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2018, 05:30 PM

36 posts, read 29,496 times

Advertisements

What's the crime like in Southern Hills?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 08:13 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,587,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine LaBeach View Post
What's the crime like in Southern Hills?
I live in southern hills and am wary of leaving the house after sunset or before sunrise.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:14 PM

36 posts, read 29,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
I live in southern hills and am wary of leaving the house after sunset or before sunrise.
Yeah I've heard it's gone down. I have not lived in shreveport for a few years and probably will not return. I was born and grew up there but I will probably remain here in Charlotte NC.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:05 PM

134 posts, read 137,487 times
Yeah, from what I understand, Southern Hills isn't great.

I grew up in the area, graduated in high school in 1992.

Went to Forest Hills elementary, Ridgewood middle and Southwood.

Going to South Park Mall was great.

It was a fun place to grow up, at that time. While the city was in mist of dying and I couldn't wait to get out, I have memories and friends that I hold dear all these years.

Last time I was back in that area was 2003 when my grandmother passed away. She lived off Mackey Ln, not far for South Park.

I had to get away and used, "I need to buy a new tie for the funeral" as an excuse. I went to the SP mall even though I knew it was a "church". I just need to see things.

As a teenager, I worked at Toys R Us right there on the corner. Long gone. Walked the empty mall and noticed the "church" that owns it hadn't even done any upkeep on the inside.

I would walk past certain stores and still see the imprint of the store that was there when I was a kid. I could literally see the outline of Musicland, Disc Jockey, Sears, Montgomery Wards, El Chico's (my family and friends ate there all the time)

Sadly, stay away but know it was great at one point in time.

Old 09-22-2018, 03:32 PM

3,068 posts, read 7,982,964 times
When you have lost 10s of thousands of jobs in one specific area, Southern Hills is what you get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
View detailed profiles of: