Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2018, 03:46 PM

3 posts, read 3,017 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I recently moved into a condo in Shreveport about 2 months ago. In the beginning, noticed a lot of tiny little bugs everyday (that I later identified as German cockroach nymphs) that I assume moved in while the previous tenant left.

While I no longer see so many, I still see them every few days. It's really sporadic; sometimes I'll see none, then sometimes I'll have killed like 4 nymphs by the end of the day. I've caulked around the place the best I can. I used sticky traps and got just a few over a couple weeks. I've tried roach baits/boric acid and I'm not really sure if they working as I haven't found any dead bodies. I'm a very clean person and never leave any kind of food lying around.

Over the 2 months, I've seen 2 adult German cockroaches and the rest of them have been nymphs. I've never seen any egg cases. My real concern is, do I have an infestation? Or could it maybe be from the neighbors? My condo is a connected unit. So basically, I need someone to try and ease my mind about this problem. I'm really busy and dealing with this has frankly hurt my time in very negative ways. Thanks much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 04:21 PM

I also just talked to both my neighbors. They both state that they've seen roaches, but only about 1 per week, nothing even close to what I'm experiencing. One neighbor states that he has an exterminator visit every couple months while the other one doesn't even use one. Why would they congregate at my unit? Like I said, I'm very clean and have tried so many methods to kill them. It just doesn't make sense...

Old 09-26-2018, 05:17 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,018,997 times
Do hire an exterminator. We are roach free here, though we live in a single family dwelling unattached to any other building.

Condo's, townhouses and especially apartments are trouble prone for bugs. It's impossible to tell the Jones what slobs they are, though 99% of bug problems could be alleviated if people kept the dishes clean, took out their garbage, mopped and vacuumed on a regular basis.

Old 09-27-2018, 05:52 AM

I think I will. It's unfortunate really... and I really think my roach problem is even worse because of my next door neighbor who chose to exterminate his place. Our kitchens are connected wall to wall so I have no doubt that some of them are just being pushed to my side...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
View detailed profiles of: