U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-10-2009, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Chicago--Bucktown
425 posts, read 880,757 times
Reputation: 168
Default Shreveport Gang Activity

Well after watching a "Gangland" marathon on the History Channel, I'm getting curious about gang activity in Shreveport. When I was growing up there, we were always warned about it, but I never really experienced any of it (except for a bunch of white kids in Dogwood that called themselves the DWP--Dogwood Policy--and stole kid's bikes). Here in Chicago, on the other hand, you see sets all over the place.

Anyway, does anyone have any knowledge or experience with gang activity in Shreveport? Maybe there's a police officer on the forum who can enlighten me? A couple google searches haven't turned up much, just a few references to Crips/Bloods in old news articles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-10-2009, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Louisiana
772 posts, read 3,101,123 times
Reputation: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank0604 View Post
Well after watching a "Gangland" marathon on the History Channel, I'm getting curious about gang activity in Shreveport. When I was growing up there, we were always warned about it, but I never really experienced any of it (except for a bunch of white kids in Dogwood that called themselves the DWP--Dogwood Policy--and stole kid's bikes). Here in Chicago, on the other hand, you see sets all over the place.

Anyway, does anyone have any knowledge or experience with gang activity in Shreveport? Maybe there's a police officer on the forum who can enlighten me? A couple google searches haven't turned up much, just a few references to Crips/Bloods in old news articles.
OH MY GOD the DWP! That rebelious bunch of bad-asses. lol

When I was in my early teens I was falling in with the Swan Lake Bloods, only because I needed to "belong". With my differences, I stuck out pretty badly and took on a tough facade to blend in better. But as the gang got more and more serious and started to bring in some really bad people, I started drifting away from it. This was before there was such a thing as hard-core initiations into that gang, which in the very beginnings was just a bunch of guys who liked to fight and loved the color red. It eventually turned pretty nasty, we had a few drive-by shootings on my street, and I watched the "DWP" get their butts straight tore up in front of that little park on Meadowview one evening, and then scurry like bugs when the police cars showed up. Back then, the LaClaire crew and the Lopez crew basically ran Swan Lake. They lived right around the corner from one another and right by me, so the drug trade in that block where I lived was rather heavy.

My little brother was telling me the other day that there was a drive-by over on Voss, just around the corner from Meadowview. My family lives back in Swan Lake now, since the house they were living in over in Old Bossier got condemned. Geez...

Probably a decade ago, you may remember Shreveport rounded up the Bottoms Boys. Well, most of those guys are due for release over the next few years, so we'll see how that goes. But Shreveport has changed A LOT since those guys were in charge of The Bottoms. Now it's more of a street-by-street thing, every man for himself. There are clearly less organized gangs in the city, though there are some ... such as the Rollin 60s Crips who still controll a part of Cedar Grove.

Oh and for the record, Gangland is one of my favorite shows. I record it on my DVR every time it comes on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2009, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Fordyce Arkansas
1,269 posts, read 1,447,216 times
Reputation: 1496
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCmetroguy View Post
OH MY GOD the DWP! That rebelious bunch of bad-asses. lol

When I was in my early teens I was falling in with the Swan Lake Bloods, only because I needed to "belong". With my differences, I stuck out pretty badly and took on a tough facade to blend in better. But as the gang got more and more serious and started to bring in some really bad people, I started drifting away from it. This was before there was such a thing as hard-core initiations into that gang, which in the very beginnings was just a bunch of guys who liked to fight and loved the color red. It eventually turned pretty nasty, we had a few drive-by shootings on my street, and I watched the "DWP" get their butts straight tore up in front of that little park on Meadowview one evening, and then scurry like bugs when the police cars showed up. Back then, the LaClaire crew and the Lopez crew basically ran Swan Lake. They lived right around the corner from one another and right by me, so the drug trade in that block where I lived was rather heavy.

My little brother was telling me the other day that there was a drive-by over on Voss, just around the corner from Meadowview. My family lives back in Swan Lake now, since the house they were living in over in Old Bossier got condemned. Geez...

Probably a decade ago, you may remember Shreveport rounded up the Bottoms Boys. Well, most of those guys are due for release over the next few years, so we'll see how that goes. But Shreveport has changed A LOT since those guys were in charge of The Bottoms. Now it's more of a street-by-street thing, every man for himself. There are clearly less organized gangs in the city, though there are some ... such as the Rollin 60s Crips who still controll a part of Cedar Grove.

Oh and for the record, Gangland is one of my favorite shows. I record it on my DVR every time it comes on.
Ok and you want me to move to so po ? Not likely now after reading this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2009, 07:07 PM
 
Location: Louisiana
772 posts, read 3,101,123 times
Reputation: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
Ok and you want me to move to so po ? Not likely now after reading this!
lol

It's all the same as any city, seriously. Same problems, different place. Except for those times when I put myself in harm's way, knowing full well I'm an idiot, I've never been victimized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2009, 09:07 AM
 
Location: Chicago--Bucktown
425 posts, read 880,757 times
Reputation: 168
Haha I'm glad someone else remembers the DWP. I was talking to someone about it who came up with me in Dogwood and he looked at me like I was crazy. They always graffitied under the bridge on the Dogwood Bike Trail. As a young kid that used the trail a lot, I was always terrified I would come across them one evening or something.

But nobody else has anything to add? Come on, not even second-hand rumors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2009, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Louisiana
772 posts, read 3,101,123 times
Reputation: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank0604 View Post
Haha I'm glad someone else remembers the DWP. I was talking to someone about it who came up with me in Dogwood and he looked at me like I was crazy. They always graffitied under the bridge on the Dogwood Bike Trail. As a young kid that used the trail a lot, I was always terrified I would come across them one evening or something.

But nobody else has anything to add? Come on, not even second-hand rumors?
A friend of mine lived on ... ... ... thinking ... ... ... Pine Haven, maybe? That name sounds about right. Anyway, we walked that trail a few times and saw all their graffiti. I actually laughed at it, because middle-class white boy gangs always cracked me up. Though I must admit, watching Gangland has shown me that even in middle-class suburbs, gangs can become pretty bad over time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2009, 10:21 AM
 
1 posts, read 10,941 times
Reputation: 10
in jack quartaz and in south bossier u got 6/2 brims(bloods) over in shreveport u got 5/9 bloods and 5/9 bounty hunter bloods ,brims rollin 60s, 19 gangstaz, hoovers,bottom boys, bottom boy bloods,kinfolk, west side posse and some fake gangsters on pines road
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2009, 07:37 PM
 
Location: pine tree monotony
2,387 posts, read 3,987,719 times
Reputation: 1392
In south Bossier? Really I haven't noticed any gangs around here. South of JD bridge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2009, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Monroe, Louisiana
887 posts, read 1,912,998 times
Reputation: 517
lol.. Shreveport is not called Ratchet City for nothing.. Hurricane Chris doesn't drop and give it 50 in this town for no reason. Its not a New Orleans or anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2009, 12:40 AM
 
Location: Monroe, Louisiana
417 posts, read 1,068,283 times
Reputation: 196
lol at lsu tiger. Well.....I have experienced the gang life for most of my life in Monroe and Shreveport. I must admit it wasnt until I got to Shreveport where I experienced it tremendously. I moved to Cedar Grove for a few years and I saw the most disturbing things I ever seen in my life. I am very familar with the Rollin 60s and they are alive in well. I know this for a fact if anything, the crips and bloods are still going strong in Shreveport, the kids even wear the colors like uniforms in school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top