Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 03:54 PM

38 posts, read 104,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCmetroguy View Post
Honestly I'd forgotten about it as well until I started thinking WHY there are so many muggings in the Bossier Wal-Mart parking lot, and then it hit me... Riverwood is literally less than a mile away. My friend used to live in Old Greenacres real close to Riverwood when we were in high school, and it was amazing the crap we would see and experience when we'd walk that way. Things you don't normally associate with Bossier, but rather Cedar Grove and The Bottoms.
Really? I shop there all the time and have felt safe.
I live in north Bossier and I've mostly felt safe. I like the cops here.
The only time I felt scared is when someone came to my door wanting to sell magazines. Shouldn't have opened the door, but . He gave me the magazine scam spiel. After I turned him away, he was said "I bet you don't want to spend money on magazines because you're a single parent." Creeeeepy. I have since invested in some good mace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 04:56 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,323,842 times
wanna know a dangerous WalMart? THe one on Evangeline Throughway in Lafayette.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:30 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,239,725 times
I recommend not supporting Wal Mart.

They helped put mom and pop business OUT OF BUSINESS.

To boycott them would be called having principles.
Don't support a monopoly. Shame, shame.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:06 PM

81 posts, read 294,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
Go on... you have my attention...

Quote:
Yes, and "helped" is the keyword; because while they had a lot of influence, they were not alone in this. All major chain stores and restaurants also helped plenty in this as well. Should everyone boycott every other major national chain as well, just because other stores buckled and closed from the competition? Do not forget that Wal-Mart grew out of Walton's Five and Dime, which was, just four decades ago, a small "mom and pop business" in what was once a small Arkansas town!

Quote:
I don't believe in boycotting anyone or anything in the name of "principle", "morality", or any other such nonsense, and I laugh whenever someone mentions such a silly idea. Just because other businesses couldn't compete with Sam Walton as he grew his small discount store into a chain, doesn't bother me in the slightest. If Wal-Mart can deliver to me the same product for a lower price, I will go to Wal-Mart and get that product. The same goes for any store - in general, I choose my stores based on where I can get the best value, not who ran who out of business.

Quote:
Then turn off your computer and step down from your high horse, you hypocrite! Because even if you're not using Internet Explorer (and I can't blame you if you're not... it's pure crap) you most likely have Microsoft Office products on your computer, as well as tons of other little Microsoft-developed applications - for all of which you paid your money to a "monopoly" when your computer was purchased.

And just for the record, while I do not condemn Wal-Mart and I think the idea of boycotting the store because it's "a monopoly" is rather ridiculous, I personally do not shop there often for a variety of reasons, none of which are the reasons you think people shouldn't shop there. I tend to find that the clientele in many Wal-Mart stores is sub-par, even sub-human in many cases. Also, their prices are not necessarily cheaper on all items, and for the shopping I do on a regular basis, I generally pay about the same amount of money for my purchases at SuperTarget.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:42 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,685,876 times
^^You got told!

Old 07-31-2009, 09:14 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,352,662 times
Quote:

More nonsense .

Old 08-01-2009, 05:53 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,239,725 times
If you are not smart enough to understand, no problem.
Thanks for showing the world that you have no principles. GOT IT.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
If you are not smart enough to understand, no problem.
Thanks for showing the world that you have no principles. GOT IT.
Judging by the grade school grammar displayed in your "boycott Wal-Mart" post, and your silly argument that one must have "no principles" because he disagrees with your ignorant way of thinking, I honestly believe it's a safe guess that I am intellectually superior to you. Therefore I now have even more reason to not take your advice.

The fact that you have proven yet again that you are just a simpleton follower of the "boycott Wal-Mart because it's a monopoly" idiocy, and cannot form an intelligent thought on your own, just further proves your feeble-mindedness. Besides just opening you up to unrelenting ridicule, this also makes you one of the most unreliable sources on these forums; and I pity the fool who actually takes any advice that you might offer.

Back off, Jim Jones, I am not listening to your quackery or drinking your Kool-Aid!

Old 08-03-2009, 12:47 PM

42 posts, read 325,526 times
The Wal-Mart boycotter is the same person who, in another thread, said that the oil field is raping Louisiana, and that the Bible warns against it. Or something. Obviously a you-know-what stirrer.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becoming View Post
The Wal-Mart boycotter is the same person who, in another thread, said that the oil field is raping Louisiana, and that the Bible warns against it. Or something. Obviously a you-know-what stirrer.
Wow. I don't know whether to laugh at that, or have said person committed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City