Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 06:53 PM

10 posts, read 20,407 times

Advertisements

Hey Len,
Actually its good to know that there are other people that feel the same way. I live on Jersey Shore btw... but I work in the city and I am so SO done in this area. I am going to look at staffing agencies as I cannot get anywhere by myself. I got a bit lazy.. I am super busy at work and very tired but I have to get back to it and get the hell out of here...
If you need anything since you are also from NJ do not hesitate to contact me.
Ivona
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 12:11 AM

6 posts, read 17,640 times
Ivona, you are very welcome. I know how you're feeling right now.... that's how I felt about getting out of Shreveport! I don't know how spiritual (not religious) you are, but if that means anything to you, pray about it. Incidentally, if you don't at least consider yourself spiritual, seriously, find another place to go. I never went in for organized religion and got tons of flak for it. A complete non-believer has a REALLY hard time!

You'll know what to do. It will reveal itself!

Old 10-23-2009, 08:28 AM

Shannon, yes, I am a believer and I do pray. Thank you for your kind words Shannon.
I wish you all the best.
Ivona

Old 10-23-2009, 09:12 PM

2 posts, read 1,688 times
Did you not take advantage of all that NYC has to offer? I am currently serving a prison sentence....oops i mean living and working in Shreveport. I lived in NYC for the past five years and am going to move back as soon as humanly possible. Shreveport's claim to fame is that it is a 2.5 hour drive from Dallas, Texas. Pretty sad, huh?

You should realize that you would be voluntarily moving from a place with world-class museums, operas, symphony, restaurants, nightlife, and public transportation to a place with practically none of these. Doesn't really make much sense to me. Hey, but, to each his/her own. In addition NYC has an extremely well-educated, savvy, cosmopolitan, and internationally diverse population. Contrast this with the majority of Shreveport residents, who have never even dreamed of attending college. The intelligence levels of the two populations could not be in starker contrast to each other.

Your relocation would take you from a top-tier "Alpha World City" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_city to a town whose cultural focal point is the Robinson Film Center and whose idea of nightlife is Phoenix Underground. Think about whether you are jumping out of the proverbial frying pan and into the fire. I noticed in one of your posts you claim that dating is "a joke" in New York. Well, let me tell you, it is completely nonexistent in Shreveport. NYC happens to be one of the most romantic and best dating cities in the world. Oh and also, you can't imagine what kind of culture shock you are in for. My advice--think twice!!!

Last edited by mcb2115; 10-23-2009 at 09:21 PM..

Old 10-25-2009, 04:13 PM

mcb2115,
Actually I have explored nyc quite a lot. Photography is my hobby so I have visited the most amazing, the most crazy, and the most famous places in NYC. And yes, all of this is great but I am just done here. It is time to move on. I have graduated and I have my cirlce of friends that I can always count on, no matter where I will be. NYC has its charm and sucks you in...
I dont care for dating that much. I am happy with my state of being single and fining a guy to date is a not a driving force when it comes to a decision where I want to live. Also, Louisiana is not a death sentence you know. I dont have to stay there. But I want to explore, you are measuring me using your personal feelings about the south and NYC. Glad you like nyc so much. I love it but the love isnt being justified. I need a change and I knoe what I want. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts about NYC and Shreveport. I really appreciate it
Ivona
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City