Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2007, 09:30 PM

3 posts, read 13,994 times

Advertisements

I am hoping that someone on this board can help me out. My boyfriend and I are moving to Shreveport in August, and we have been trying to find jobs in the area. (We are moving to Shreveport because my boyfriend's family lives there.) We are both recent law school graduates and are currently in Baton Rouge studying for the LA bar exam. We have been unable to locate any job postings for attorney positions in Shreveport. While my boyfriend's family is from the area, they do not know anyone in the legal community. If anyone can help with any leads regarding which firms may be hiring, I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:58 PM

768 posts, read 4,386,496 times
Oh my you shouldn't have a hard time. As much as I try to be helpful on these forums, I will not assist anyone in the law profession. I hope someone else is able to assist you and I'm sorry, but it's not a profession I wish to help.

Go to 411.com and look up law firms in Shreveport and Bossier. There are probably 5 lawyers for every 1 citizen here as it is.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCmetroguy View Post
Oh my you shouldn't have a hard time. As much as I try to be helpful on these forums, I will not assist anyone in the law profession. I hope someone else is able to assist you and I'm sorry, but it's not a profession I wish to help.

Go to 411.com and look up law firms in Shreveport and Bossier. There are probably 5 lawyers for every 1 citizen here as it is.
I was kind of shocked to see your response, but thank you for at least being civil. I suppose I will have to get used to people disliking me for no reason other than my career. I have been able to locate firms in the area but I cannot locate any employment opportunities in the area. Thank you for the website.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgrad View Post
I was kind of shocked to see your response, but thank you for at least being civil. I suppose I will have to get used to people disliking me for no reason other than my career. I have been able to locate firms in the area but I cannot locate any employment opportunities in the area. Thank you for the website.
I'm sorry, perhaps I approached this the wrong way. I have nothing against you, but in general I dislike the profession. You have to understand that Louisiana has one of the highest instances of frivolous lawsuits in the nation so it's easy to dislike lawyers here.

Again, I'm sorry.

Kirby Kelly is the biggest name in law here, if that helps.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCmetroguy View Post
I'm sorry, perhaps I approached this the wrong way. I have nothing against you, but in general I dislike the profession. You have to understand that Louisiana has one of the highest instances of frivolous lawsuits in the nation so it's easy to dislike lawyers here.

Again, I'm sorry.

Kirby Kelly is the biggest name in law here, if that helps.

No apology needed. I am just glad that you are civil with your posts. It is a stereotype that I will have to overcome. I also understand about the amount of frivolous lawsuits as I am from Mississippi. If anyone beats Louisiana at jackpot justice, its Mississippi.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgrad View Post
No apology needed. I am just glad that you are civil with your posts. It is a stereotype that I will have to overcome. I also understand about the amount of frivolous lawsuits as I am from Mississippi. If anyone beats Louisiana at jackpot justice, its Mississippi.
You have a point, and that's the very reason my company moved out of Mississippi a few years ago.

Thanks for being so kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City