Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 01:36 PM

2 posts, read 5,002 times

Advertisements

Hi all -

I am relatively new to Sioux Falls as I've recently graduated from college and moved to town to start my career. I don't know very many people from here and to be honest, am not entirely at ease with walking into a bar and introducing myself to random strangers. This forum seemed like a safe place to meet and get to know people my age-ish (22) in the area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 07:20 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,924,072 times
There are some people on the forum that a little bit older (mid to late 20s) and some around your age. Welcome to Sioux Falls and hope that it works out for you.

I am a few years older and can somewhat relate. I am not much for the smoke, noise, and crowds at the bars but have some ideas that may help you.

If you are into working out, joining a gym and getting involved with classes and activities is a good way of meeting people. The city has a couple of young professionals groups worth checking into. It is a good way to network with others in your age group and those who are a few years older. I have attended several sessions and met a few people there and see some familiar faces. Being active or involved will definitely help in meeting people.

Not sure if you are big into church or not, some of the larger churches have social groups geared towards people in their 20s and 30s. Another good way to meet people.

There are ways to meet younger people but it takes some patience and creativity/ingenuity. Feel free ask any questions or visit on the SD forum. Most SD who are regulars that post are decent, good-natured.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:00 AM

697 posts, read 1,281,383 times
welcome snooker----chris is right most people are decent people with the exception of us oldmen

Old 09-29-2010, 11:16 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,924,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the old man View Post
welcome snooker----chris is right most people are decent people with the exception of us oldmen
There's plenty of decent middle-aged and older people also in this area.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:17 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,409,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snookers88 View Post
Hi all -

I am relatively new to Sioux Falls as I've recently graduated from college and moved to town to start my career. I don't know very many people from here and to be honest, am not entirely at ease with walking into a bar and introducing myself to random strangers. This forum seemed like a safe place to meet and get to know people my age-ish (22) in the area
I'm 24!
What is your career in? Where did you move from?
Meeting new people is always hard... A definite is that you'll meet some in your workplace! Welcome to Sioux Falls!

Old 10-07-2010, 03:18 PM

2 posts, read 5,002 times
Hi all!

Sorry it's been a minute since the last post. Work has been keeping me incredibly incredibly busy I'm originally from this region, so it was nice to move back 'home' and get back to the Midwest Nice. I've gone out to the bars a few times with co-workers and friends, but I'm not a huge fan of the smoke and I'm usually the one calling it an early night haha!

Chris - I joined the Y and am really excited because of the classes that they offer. One can only work out in their home so much before it gets boring and repititous. I haven't been home enough due to work to make it to the classes as much as I want, but hopefully things will be calm enough for awhile that I'll be able to go get my money's worth haha =D

The Old Man - Everyone I've met is extremely nice and most of the people in my office are quite a bit older than me, so age doesn't phase me a bit lol =D

MJ - I moved from the frozen prairie lands of Crookston, MN after graduating college this spring and took a job in Tea. Right now I'm in the training phase but it's been so incredibly frustrating to try and meet people when I am in the routine of work/sleep/work/sleep/travel for work/sleep haha =D

Old 10-07-2010, 07:21 PM

12 posts, read 15,314 times
Hey--welcome to Sioux Falls! My boyfriend and I just moved here about a month ago, and we go to UND in Grand Forks (I boarded my horse close to Crookston though) and will graduate this year and we work at the hospital doing clinicals. Hope you have a good time here! Hit us up if you need someone to hang out with or whatever....we don't really know anyone here besides the other two people in our program from UND and we're pretty quiet people...just trying to get through school (and we work at 6:30 am so we usually go to bed early!).

Old 10-20-2010, 11:59 AM

21 posts, read 96,120 times
My girlfriend and I move here in August and were from Minnesota, been a great time so far.

And welcome to Sioux Falls, I love it here, always fun things to do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
View detailed profiles of: