Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 10:58 PM

106 posts, read 344,346 times

Advertisements

I'm always thinking, wanting, and hoping for new things to come into the Metro Sioux Falls vicinity. I'll eventually start coming up with a list to post on here, but what are some of your wants for the area in 2011.

New stores, hotels, schools, expanded/widened roads? Anything, you name it!

- Flyer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 07:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,071 times
I would like to see a Dave and Buster's come to Sioux Falls.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:56 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
I'd suggest getting away from chain restaurants and go home cooked bistro etc. Downtown is great for that trend. To expand it out from downtown

Old 02-10-2011, 09:39 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Sioux Falls needs a costco, and Brookings needs a Kohls, maybe a shopko, (the wal-mart is always packed pretty much around the clock) more restaurants, and a better/larger movie theater. Having to drive to either waterdown or sioux falls to do something is kind of a pain though not a big deal since it's all interstate either way. I'll give Brookings some credit where credit is due though, their Swiftel Center has attracted some excellent bands since I've lived out here, bands you wouldn't expect to hit a smaller town in South Dakota. I still think a huhot would go over well here in BK, considering how many people here drive to Sioux Falls to eat there. College students love huhot, and this is a college town. Brookings could also use another interstate onramp, 20th street south would be perfect but would cut into that golf course pretty significantly. Still that's the ideal spot. Pave that road going straight east into Aurora too. Would cut commute from Aurora to South part of Brookings significantly, making it a very effective 'suburb' of Brookings. haha

I went to that new theater in Sioux Falls that was built last year.. seats are uncomfortable and didn't lean back at all. I'll stick with cinema stadium 14 for my movie needs for now.

Disturbed, Korn, Sevendust, in this Moment & Still Well.. coming to swiftel center in late march.. another great lineup. Didn't see disturbed the last time they were in town.

Last edited by sholomar; 02-10-2011 at 09:52 AM..

Old 02-10-2011, 08:14 PM

34 posts, read 62,836 times
Sioux Falls needs better paying job, or rather the whole state does!!

Old 02-10-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottoms View Post
Sioux Falls needs better paying job, or rather the whole state does!!
How do you propose business' pay for the increased wages? They can't pull the money out of thin air.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:39 PM

34 posts, read 62,836 times
Don't you think you deserve better wages there? South Dakota has an exceptionally hard-work ethic. You do not feel you're worth more? More money in your pocket, more for the economy.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottoms View Post
Don't you think you deserve better wages there? South Dakota has an exceptionally hard-work ethic. You do not feel you're worth more? More money in your pocket, more for the economy.
I would love more money. But where is that money going to from?

Old 02-11-2011, 06:31 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsdflyer View Post
I'm always thinking, wanting, and hoping for new things to come into the Metro Sioux Falls vicinity. I'll eventually start coming up with a list to post on here, but what are some of your wants for the area in 2011.

New stores, hotels, schools, expanded/widened roads? Anything, you name it!

- Flyer
Above is the original post. Don't see a thing on there about wages. Let's get back on track.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:54 AM

109 posts, read 281,084 times
Sioux Falls to me feels like a suburb with no city. It doesn't have the feel of a small South Dakota town, but it definately doesn't feel like a big city (because it's not). What SF needs is personality: I am a professional chef and when I go through SF on the way to Omaha, I'm always so dissappointed in the food choices. I could probably count on one hand how many restaurants in the falls aren't chains. That's what I would like to see in Sioux Falls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls