U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 06:54 AM

159 posts, read 127,265 times
sf is a small town?? I live in a town of 200 and I can tell you the name of everyone's kids, dog and who's dog takes a dump in my yard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 07:17 AM

18,320 posts, read 13,849,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just anotherguy View Post
sf is a small town?? I live in a town of 200 and I can tell you the name of everyone's kids, dog and who's dog takes a dump in my yard
Exactly. A small town is 100 and change or people. Or even less. Oh, wait, those towns are no longer incorporated.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:40 AM

8,251 posts, read 6,644,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieJen View Post
Here it would be a small town. But I love the small town feel!
If you want small, move to Beresford, Tea, or Canton, just south of S.F.. I personally like Sioux Falls, particularly the downtown, which reminds me of a smaller scale downtown Ventura, Ca. I do not see S.F. as small at all. I lived in Vermillion, S.D. for about 1 1/2 yrs, 2000-02 loved driving to S.F. shopping, eating out all really good experiences. Beautiful park, zoo, lots of events great airport, all spring/summer/fall. I live back in Grand Forks, N.D. now, and I would trade our downtown for S.F. any day. You may enjoy it. And, weather wise, truly living there after being in N.D. for 20+ yrs at that time, it was almost "balmy" to me during winter by comparison to here in N.E. N.D.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:09 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,101,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieJen View Post
Maybe I don't want to fully embrace my roots. HAHA. Heck, I'll try anything once (just don't hold it against me if I puke it up after the fact)
Can you make cinnamin rolls or something? Cinamon rolls are much better than lute'fisk.

uh

Old 12-28-2011, 09:14 PM

90 posts, read 92,535 times
Sorry, I really didn't mean to offend with the small town comment. Most of the cities I have lived in have been a million plus, so 150k is small in comparison. I think I would be terrified to live in a town of 200...everyone would know everything about me (and that can't be a good thing). HAHA

Old 12-28-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleharley View Post
Can you make cinnamin rolls or something? Cinamon rolls are much better than lute'fisk.

uh
Deal!

Old 12-29-2011, 06:27 AM

159 posts, read 127,265 times
small town living is the cat's meow IMHO. you know who you can count on(which is 99% of the people) crime is nonexsistant with the exception of out of towners who think we are fools and don't watch who is coming in and out of town (little do they know) its amazing how fast people scatter in the middle of the night when you let of a round or 2 they run funny cause they fill their pants

Old 12-29-2011, 07:21 AM

Hope to not experiene the round or two. HAHA

Old 01-01-2012, 11:21 AM

Just found out that I have quite a bit of family in South Dakota. Some in a place called Salem and some on a lake near Brookings. Thats cool

Old 01-12-2012, 08:44 PM

34 posts, read 34,027 times
Auntie Jen, sounds like you and I have a lot in common! We may be relocating to SF as well. Young(ish) a-theist couple who intended to be child free but we've got an 8 year old running around Not Libertarians, though, but we'd agree on just about everything else!

Good luck to you in SF!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls