Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 08:35 PM

13 posts, read 26,527 times

Advertisements

Does anybody know anything about the boulder creek townhomes off of 41st and Grinnell? Is this a nice/safe part of town?

Any info that you can give would be great

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 08:31 PM

674 posts, read 1,055,048 times
41st in Grinnell and the surrounding area are the western terminus of the city. It's just down the street from shopping, lots of dining, great parks, the mall and more. As far as safety, don't worry at all. Sioux Falls is a very safe place in general, and I grew up less than a mile from this intersection . I'd leave my doors unlocked and go running at four in the morning if I still lived there. Also, Boulder Creek Townhomes are recent construction, finished in 2009 if I remember. They look pleasant from the outside.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,691 times
I've rented all over the country because every few years I move with my job. I've lived at Boulder Creek for the last few years while I've been assigned to Sioux Falls and have been very pleased with it. I think the cost of renting or even buying in Sioux Falls in general is astronomical in comparison to what you get for the dollar. However, for the the options available in town you won't go wrong with Boulder Creek. The property management is excellent and the rental units are very well maintained.

The traffic in Sioux Falls is absurd and depending on where you work in relation to where you live, you may be in for a little bit of unnecessary traffic. For a town this small with not a whole lot going on, I can't figure out why it takes so long to get from one end to the other. I've lived in Boston, New York, Miami, San Antonio, Phoenix, L.A. and the traffic was stroke inducing but understandable because they were large metroplexes. Right now I work in the downtown area and many days I ride a bike to and from work instead of driving because for a little extra time added to the commute I can get some exercise.

I don't know what inspired you to want to move to Sioux Falls? We all have our reasons for the mistakes we make. I would seriously reconsider your decision. I'm pretty well travelled and I've lived all over. If my job didn't send me out of town for a week each month I'd go bat-sh*t crazy here. In the last 15 years I've thoroughly enjoyed every place I've ever lived until now. Sioux Falls is ranked as one of the greatest places to live in the country. I'd love to know where that ranking came from.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:47 AM

13 posts, read 26,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantoutofsiouxfalls View Post
I've rented all over the country because every few years I move with my job. I've lived at Boulder Creek for the last few years while I've been assigned to Sioux Falls and have been very pleased with it. I think the cost of renting or even buying in Sioux Falls in general is astronomical in comparison to what you get for the dollar. However, for the the options available in town you won't go wrong with Boulder Creek. The property management is excellent and the rental units are very well maintained.

The traffic in Sioux Falls is absurd and depending on where you work in relation to where you live, you may be in for a little bit of unnecessary traffic. For a town this small with not a whole lot going on, I can't figure out why it takes so long to get from one end to the other. I've lived in Boston, New York, Miami, San Antonio, Phoenix, L.A. and the traffic was stroke inducing but understandable because they were large metroplexes. Right now I work in the downtown area and many days I ride a bike to and from work instead of driving because for a little extra time added to the commute I can get some exercise.

I don't know what inspired you to want to move to Sioux Falls? We all have our reasons for the mistakes we make. I would seriously reconsider your decision. I'm pretty well travelled and I've lived all over. If my job didn't send me out of town for a week each month I'd go bat-sh*t crazy here. In the last 15 years I've thoroughly enjoyed every place I've ever lived until now. Sioux Falls is ranked as one of the greatest places to live in the country. I'd love to know where that ranking came from.
I am moving to Sioux Falls because my job is being relocated. If you think that Sioux Falls is boring, you should try living in Rochester. From what I've observed, Sioux Falls has alot to do that would interest me and my family.

Hopefully we can get our house sold and move to Sioux Falls before the snow starts to fly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
View detailed profiles of: