Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2007, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,478 times

Advertisements

It looks like my husband will be taking a new job that will enable us to move to my home town of Sioux Falls - yay! However, we've lived here for so many years we are pretty well rooted in our community in the 'burbs. I am apprehensive about the opportunities my daughter will have there - and we would naturally want the transition for her to be as seamless as possible. She is currently very active in girls fastpitch softball, basketball and she's an avid snowboarder. Can anyone give me more info about activities for 10-year old girls that SF would be able to offer?

I'd also like info on the school districts there. They've morphed extensively from what I remember. I need "the good, the bad & the ugly" so we can better select a home. Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 05:29 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,856,509 times
Jammie is our expert on Sioux Falls and it looks like she missed this one, so I'll bump it up.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:00 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,442,065 times
Uncleharley, thank you.

Hedgcoe, I've been away for nearly a week so I had gotten behind. I had skimmed your post, but I don't have the exact info that you're looking for since I live an hour west of Sx. Falls. The only thing I've ever heard about the schools there has been good, but I personally have no solid proof of that. As for activities, Sx. Falls has been booming and it's a very "family friendly" community so my guess is that your daughter would be kept very busy.

We've recently acquired a couple of members that actually live in Sioux Falls and hopefully they'll be along soon.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:44 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,303,679 times
We lived in Sioux Falls for a few years and loved it there. We felt it was the biggest small town you would ever live in. Coming from Minnesota I have to say that the schools in SF don't really compare. The Catholic schools in town are very good however. There are ample opportunities for sports, softball, basketball, etc. for your DD.

When we lived in SF there was a very active Newcomer's club. They used to be listed in the phone book. We met a lot of great people in that club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls