U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 06:08 PM

468 posts, read 395,453 times

Advertisements

What are some good motels in safe areas south of I-90 located on I-29. We will be staying one night. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 06:41 PM

25,583 posts, read 31,855,100 times
A lot of times I stay at the Ramkota off exit 81.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:33 PM

3,177 posts, read 4,642,870 times
Too numerous to mention. As you drive south from I-90 on I-29 and enter the city there are many motels off every exit, most all of which are fairly new. In fact, the first exit south of I-90 is Benson Road. East on this street is a very new motel (you can easily see it from the interstate) across the road from the major truck stop for Sioux Falls called the Flying J, which of course has a restaurant inside.

If you're looking for a motel with a bar and restaurant in it, this narrows things down somewhat.

Heading south to the Madison Street exit and just east off this exit is a new hotel at the Sanford Pentagon Sports Complex. There's a Beef O' Brady's Irish Pub and Restaurant across the street from that motel.

Off the Russell Street exit you'll find the first motel being The Ramkota (as mentioned by SD 4020). There's a Super 8 with a nice family restaurant right beside it called the Rollin Pin. Farther east over by the city's main sports complex is The Sheraton and Ramada Inn. Both have bars and restaurants inside. There are a couple other fairly cheesy motels there as well.

If you take the 26th street exit off I-29 right over the interchange bridge is a new motel (don't remember it's name) that has bars and restaurants all around it.

Off 41st street there are motels everywhere, but none have a bar or restaurant attached. However, this is restaurant row as well as the exit to the malls. Restaurants everywhere as well as bars.

All of these exits are in business areas and are very safe.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:52 PM

6,127 posts, read 6,449,504 times
I can't remember the name (Comfort Inn, maybe?) but I have stayed at the one by the Flying J. It was really nice.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I can't remember the name (Comfort Inn, maybe?) but I have stayed at the one by the Flying J. It was really nice.
I struggle with the names of all these new motels. I live here so I have no reason to go to them, or remember their names.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:46 PM

Thanks everyone. Working some more with mapquest, now I not sure where we are going to stop on our journey back home. It will either be in Sioux Falls or Council Bluffs, Iowa. I appreciate all the helpful suggestions. It is good that there are so many people on City Data willing to help.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:30 AM

511 posts, read 817,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramp View Post
Thanks everyone. Working some more with mapquest, now I not sure where we are going to stop on our journey back home. It will either be in Sioux Falls or Council Bluffs, Iowa. I appreciate all the helpful suggestions. It is good that there are so many people on City Data willing to help.
Falls Park in downtown Siuox Falls is worth seeing. The Holiday inn and Country Inn a suites are both downtown and walking distance to the park. (If you like to walk.) both are nice 120 a night hotels, but the Country Inn and Suites has a free breakfast. (No indoor water parks though)

Downtown Omaha is a nice wander around also.

But, I gotta say, even old people like those indoor water parks. I haven't stayed at the Ramkota, but we stayed at a hotel in Bismarck with the water slide and it was nice.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:16 AM

6,127 posts, read 6,449,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
I struggle with the names of all these new motels. I live here so I have no reason to go to them, or remember their names.
I had to look it up. It's Quality Inn & Suites. It was a nice place five years ago. Time flies!

Old 08-16-2015, 08:19 AM

Thebeaglelady, There is a comfort suites at this address, 3721 W. Avera Drive, Sioux Falls. Is this the one your are talking about? It is near the heart hospital.

There is also a quality inn here, 5410 N. Granite Lane, Sioux Falls. Is this a good area also?

Old 08-16-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramp View Post
Thebeaglelady, There is a comfort suites at this address, 3721 W. Avera Drive, Sioux Falls. Is this the one your are talking about? It is near the heart hospital.

There is also a quality inn here, 5410 N. Granite Lane, Sioux Falls. Is this a good area also?
The Comfort Suites you mentioned is not the motel she's talking about. She was commenting on the first motel you come to heading south off of the I-90/I-29 cloverleaf which very well could be the Quality Inn you mentioned based on the address. The Comfort Suites you mentioned is not off I-29, but instead is on the beltway interstate I-229. You would have to drive to the south edge of Sioux Falls on I-29 and loop around and head east off the I-229 interchange to get to this motel.

This motel on the far north edge of town by the Flying J Truck Stop is out in the country away from city. You can take a stroll in the morning in nearby cornfields. The only night stalkers wearing masks by this motel are raccoons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or