Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 07:43 AM

6 posts, read 18,818 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am moving to Sioux Falls in Aug & am looking for a 3-bed apartment relatively near Augustana College (ie, not way up north). I found 3 options: South Pointe (Hayloft), Westport & Windsor Heights (both Lloyd). Just wanted to know if anyone had experience with these complexes or companies, and could recommend/warn off... Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 11:01 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,924,569 times
I live in a property in the Sioux Falls managed by Lloyd and did not have any major problems. Lloyd has many apartment complexes around the city and the lady from the company who toured the apartment with me (two years ago) was very helpful.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:45 PM

Default Thanks

OK, thank you!

Old 07-04-2008, 02:50 PM

168 posts, read 256,437 times
It depends on your price range. Anything on the south side of town is generally better. There are also some really cool rentals in downtown but you have to really look at each one to determine if they are urban upscale or slumlord housing. Augie does have some apartments and townhouses right off campus but you might have to be either staff or a senior student to rent. Lloyd does have a fairly good reputation but again the location and price of the apartment will have much to do with the quality and your fellow tenants.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:24 AM

Thank you!

Old 07-13-2008, 01:43 PM

16 posts, read 46,296 times
Although I don't believe they have any properties near where you're looking, but just in case I highly recommend NOT renting from Babinski Properties. I lived in one of their apartments for a bit and they're just absolute crap and the management is rude. I believe most all of their properties are north of 12th St. though but I'm not sure.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:07 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,409,950 times
Yes, all of Babinski's apartments are north of 12th Street.
I have lived in apartments owned by Babinski Properties. While they are older, they are good for lower incomes or college kids just starting out. I never had any major problems with them, and they returned most of my deposit, unlike other places I have lived. The management is extremely friendly and upbeat... They went up and out of their way for me a few times.
Just a difference of opinion

Old 07-13-2008, 10:39 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,924,569 times
I have a friend who rented from CynTom. The company runs rentals in Sioux Falls and Tea. I would be leery from renting from them. The friend mentioned that they were not very accomodating and had some bad experiences with them. An example being snow removal. She mentioned that others in her complex also had problems with CynTom management.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:11 AM

Thanks for all these comments. I've now rented from Lloyd. We'll see how that goes

Old 08-16-2008, 09:29 PM

Default Good experience with Lloyd Companies

Just wanted to add on that we've now moved to Sioux Falls, and are very happy with our choice of apartment (even though, of course, we've only just started our lease). The apartment and complex are beautiful, and management (Donya) has been very attentive. The only thing I didn't like when we moved in was the ancient refrigerator, but as soon as I mentioned it to Donya, she offered to buy a new one - and two days later it was installed.

Thanks to those who took the time to offer suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
View detailed profiles of: