U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-14-2008, 05:34 PM

67 posts, read 196,648 times
Default elementary schools (sioux falls)

Ok, so does anyone have kids currently in an Elementary school, my 8yr old
is a little worried about meeting new people, but he is the most outgoing kid you will ever meet, I do find the school schedule a bit strange, a lot less days
off then we have here in Texas, no real spring break. So anyone have any info on the schools around Sioux Falls
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 07:01 PM

464 posts, read 833,731 times
being that we don't have much good weather in March/April, we don't have much of a spring break. 4 day weekend at most.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:23 PM

2,398 posts, read 3,386,768 times
Well... I don't have any kids... I'm only 22
My cousin is an assistant principal at one of the elementary schools.
I will say that SF doesn't have any bad schools. And I wouldn't be worried about him fitting in. I think that the older you get, the harder it is to fit into a new school.
I've heard great things about the schools around SF... Tea, West Central, Brandon, Harrisburg... All are growing districts, so adding more kids all the time. They also tend to have newer buildings.
Rosa Parks Elementary is trying out a Spanish Immersion Program.
News, Weather and Sports for Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Minnesota and Iowa
There's a link to a news story... I'm really not sure what to think of it.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:08 PM

6 posts, read 31,089 times
I have 2 boys about that age in Worthing Elementary. Worthing elementary is part of the Lennox School district. It is in the town of Worthing (population around 1000)which is about 10-12 miles south of the southwest part of Sioux Falls. I moved here about 3 years ago and found that my somewhat shy oldest didn't have any problem making friends. The teachers are great and I couldn't be happier with the school. The town, though it has nearly doubled in size since 2000, still leaves much to be desired for a town of 1000 with respect to commercial development, but hopefully we can get some more buisnesses to town. Being that it's so close to Sioux Falls, it really isn't that big of a deal though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls