U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-30-2008, 05:26 PM

13,496 posts, read 24,719,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_movingtarget View Post
Before the 70s.... Things were.... very dark.... much warmer... easier... Oh wait, that's because I wasn't born yet!
Oh cute cute!!!!

OMG yes~ Captain 11!!! I never got to go over to see him during his show, but I did see him in a parade once and felt like I saw a celebrity. There was also Kernel Korn, but he wasn't as cool.

Oh yea~it seems like everyone from the previous generation had to make it to the Corn Palace to see Lawrence Welk and his Orchestra. Remember how everyone raved about Myron Floren and his accordion playing? Don't mean to make fun of him because he was a good musician, but an ACCORDION?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 05:39 PM

8,430 posts, read 1,123,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Oh cute cute!!!!

OMG yes~ Captain 11!!! I never got to go over to see him during his show, but I did see him in a parade once and felt like I saw a celebrity. There was also Kernel Korn, but he wasn't as cool.

Oh yea~it seems like everyone from the previous generation had to make it to the Corn Palace to see Lawrence Welk and his Orchestra. Remember how everyone raved about Myron Floren and his accordion playing? Don't mean to make fun of him because he was a good musician, but an ACCORDION?
*sigh* I guess it's a genetic thing. It's the Norske in me. My dad played the accordion quite well. My older sister played well too, but I only took a few lessons. Wish I'd stuck with it, because then I'd probably "get" Zydeco accordion, of which I've become very fond.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:01 PM

393 posts, read 706,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
*sigh* I guess it's a genetic thing. It's the Norske in me. My dad played the accordion quite well. My older sister played well too, but I only took a few lessons. Wish I'd stuck with it, because then I'd probably "get" Zydeco accordion, of which I've become very fond.
Steve Urkel forever!

I love the show Family Matters because it reminds me of simpler times and you just reminded me of it.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhillsdreams View Post
Steve Urkel forever!

I love the show Family Matters because it reminds me of simpler times and you just reminded me of it.
Geeks Unite! Thanks for the wave.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:57 PM

3,940 posts, read 9,457,699 times
Oh yes! I watched Family Matters and Saved by the Bell religiously when I was little. They're even a little before my time. Although I did love neon colored windbreakers and I shaved a Nike sign in my bowl haircut!!

Regrets

Old 10-30-2008, 07:16 PM

It's funny because while we were out in the blackhills on our adventure, I rediscovered it on Nick at Nite because my nephew liked that channel. Ever since, I've been DVRing it and watching it all the time. What is REALLY funny is some of the crazy inventions Steve came up with actually exist now! In one episode, he came up with a toothbrush attached to a radio so you could play music while you brush and they have those "tooth tunes" now. I caught two others he came up with that you can buy now too, but I forgot what they are...

What a trip!

Old 10-30-2008, 07:51 PM

17,956 posts, read 5,717,063 times
Did I say that?

Old 10-30-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
Did I say that?
Woo Hoo!

Old 10-30-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhillsdreams View Post
Woo Hoo!
He da Man!!!!!!!!

Old 10-30-2008, 08:35 PM

2,398 posts, read 3,477,152 times
lol, I grew up with Family Matters too... on TGIF!

As for Captain 11...Loved that show too... A friend of my rented a house a few years ago that was right next to Captain 11's house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls